• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your reaction when you first got pokerus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't happy or anything; I've had multiple Pokemon with Pokerus from Wi-Fi trades. Now if it was my first EVER (non-guaranteed) shiny, I would be happy.

Kirthey

Happiness is a Beautifly
I'd heard of it before, but didn't know what it did. All I knew was: "YOU LUCKY. POKERUS GOOD. POKERUS RARE." I looked it up later and did a little happy dance in my head.

Dark Eevee

I had read about it in an old strategy guide so it didn't freak me out. Battling wild Zubat gave it to my pokemon.

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
I was extremely happy when I discovered my Ninetales form LG had caught it in my Platinum version. I had just learned how to EV train and how Pokerus greatly helps with the training process, so I was very lucky to have received it at that time. I passed it on to some of my lesser used pokemon and deposited them back in the PC to keep the virus in use forever.

twigadee

Did anyone else get it in 3rd gen, took no heed to it, played 4th gen, found out ev training and pokerus, then u quickly turn on ur 3rd gen game to find out if its still there, and luckily, u do?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
"Welcome to the Pokemon Center we're we can heal"

*looks up from screen*

*a little while later*

"Pokerus, a disease"

Me: What the heck?

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'll never forget the first time my pokemon got the pokerus... You know when you go to the pokemon center to heal your pokemon the nurse always says the same thing... Well I was skipping the text when I notesed the word pokerus in the text all I was able to read was that it made them grow better. I later looked it up and realized that it makes them level up easier. Go figure my pokemon had already recovered from it...

M4zz

Banned
"The hell in what?!" Literally. Now, I've spred it around to 90% of my Pokemon. Actually, I have really good luck with my games. I got pokerus on a shiny pogey. Coincidence?

Missingno.Fan

When I first got Pokerus on Sapphire I thought that it was something bad because I was using my brother's action replay to get rare candies, win istantly and I ran into ??????????.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
I got it in Silver, and thought it was bad so I had my Pokes recover from it. Oh stupid me!

TheHauntedOne

evil tofu!!!
I contracted it once, from I believe a Barboach on Sapphire version. I didn't really understand what it meant when the nurse lady told me my pokemon had "tiny organisms attached to it" or what have you. I thought it was just a glitch in the game until several years later, when I found out it was actually a good thing. Thankfully I had a Whismur in my box who still had the virus that I transfered over to infected my 4th gen monsters. ;293;

TehGr81

College graduate
I was using my brother's action replay to get rare candies, win istantly and I ran into ??????????.
That's exactly how I got it too, along with getting a ****load of Master Balls. When I first got Pokerus I wasn't worried my game had been infected, but I looked it up to learn what it was and found nothing. A couple years later I looked it up again, found the information and thought it was amazing.

SmartD

When I found Pokerus in my Emerald game, I didn't know what to do with it, so I let it go away. I read about Pokerus a long time ago, but I forgot about it at the time. When I found it again in Diamond, I kept it this time. I found it again in Pokemon Platinum.

Pansy :]

anustart
I've gotten pokerus in 3 different games... no trading around, in emerald i pressed a violently as always when i was talking to nurse joy... but caught a glimpse that she was saying more then usual, it didn't bother me to much, but i still asked my brother about it, and he knew immediately... but first he told me that it was 'horrible' and my game would die, the only way to save its life was to trade it to him... and i believed him :(... then in diamond i got it randomly (not sure who had it first) and this time i was able to spread it and NOT to be tricked... then in HeartGold just about a week ago i got it AGAIN (randomly, i refuse to trade between heart gold and any other game... long story why) at this point i rolled my eyes and thought 'really???'

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
It was fairly jubilant. I believe it was from a Barboach that I caught in Pearl.

I got it again in a recent monotype in Diamond. There may have been other occurrences, but those are the ones that stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.