• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your Story team composed of?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Now, we all know that Colosseum and XD only had so many Pokemon 2 offer during the storyline! Especially Colosseum! So this may or may not have been a bad thing 4 you depending on how you preferred 2 look at it.

If you were lazy and didn't really wanna go through the trouble of thoroughly thinking about a decent team then the random cool looking Pokemon you'll be picking up along the way were probably awesome enough 4 you so 'gratz on your laziness. >.>

However, if you ARE somewhat of a perfectionist and worry about your synergy and stuff like that then this game's Pokemon choice may have been a nightmare 2 you! Especially with the limited movepools some of these Pokemon had back then and how TM's weren't re-useable. So yea. Oh no, right? <.<

Of course the trading after the story mode remedied this. :D

I can't clearly remember my Colosseum team, but I think it went something like this...Espeon, Umbreon, Entei, Flygon, Plusle, aaannndd...Ferligatr I think. I'd put moves but I think it'd make this post way too long...that and I can't remember them all. I can definitely recall a Walrein and Jolteon on my XD team, but that's about it. -_- Anyways...

tl;dr: What Pokemon did you use 4 the Story Mode!?

GrassTypes.

I used Houndoom and Ursaring .

Ursaring with Retrun and Houndoom with Flamethrower/Crunch .

Until I captured XD001 and Salamence and some of the Birds .

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
My story mode team comprised of Espeon, Houndoom, XD001, Walrein, Ampharos, and Breloom. Their levels were around the High 50s and Low 60's before I faced Greevil.

Espeon was a Mild nature and had these moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Reflect, and Psybeam.

Houndoom was a Naughty nature and had these moves: Flamethrower, Crunch, Double-Edge, and Protect.

XD001 had Shadow Blast, Shadow Down, Shadow Shed, and Shadow Storm.

Walrein had a Relaxed nature with these moves: Ice beam, Water Pulse, Earthquake, and Body Slam.

Ampharos was a Quiet nature with these moves: Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Heal Bell, and Body Slam.

Breloom was a Rash nature with these moves: Mach Punch, Spore, Brick Break, and Giga Drain.

Kalosian

So long
The first time I played Colosseum, my team was Umbreon, Espeon, Ampharos, Meganium, Mantine and Delibird.
In XD, it was Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Snorlax, Gligar, Dewgong and Typhlosion.
Have played through both games multiple times, though I do not remember all of the teams I used.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On my most recent playthrough of Colosseum, my story team was Espeon, Umbreon, Misdreavus, Hariyama, Feraligatr, and Quagsire. I did use Noctowl at the beginning of the game, but I replaced it with Quagsire because I found it too weak.

On XD, I used Gardevoir, Houndoom, Starmie, Snorlax, Altaria, and Poliwrath.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
In Colloseum, I ran with Espeon/Umbreon/Meganium/Ampharos/Mantine/Hitmontop.

In XDGoD, I used Espeon/Ursaring/Houndoom/Ampharos/Walrein/variable. Variable slot held Duskull for most of the game, but Duskull couldn't hurt anything, so I scrapped it for Primeape after beating Gorigan. Primeape kept dying, so I replaced it with the Shadow Salamence after the end of the game.

groovygrovyle

we are not amused
i cant remember,but i do remember i had a kick *** level 100 espeon and level 80 lapras and salamence :D

Shamwohoo

N"SHWAAG!!
I used
Shuckle
Tyranitar
Blissey (healed chansey
Arbok
migheyena
Salamence

Drummerdude

Colo: Espeon, Umbreon, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, and Feraligatr I think.

XD: Jolteon, Houndoom, Gardevoir, Dusclops, Glalie, Shadow Lugia

Claranium

Shiny hunter
In Colosseum if I remember: Umbreon, espeon, altaria, meganium, entei and... The most powerful shadow pokemon I had XD

In XD I trained just three pokemon: Flareon, walrein and ursaring. The other three were shadow pokemon

That games are epic you can get rare pokemon, therefore form unique teams.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I forget what I chose for Collosseum, but I do remember what I chose for XD, since it was technically the first Pokemon game I played, which is why some of my Pokemon may not have been the best choice:

XD: Vaporeon, Ursaring, Swalot, Delcatty (temporarily), Houndoom, Hariyama, Gardevoir

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
I always used Espeon and Houndoom. They were always in sync, and were my main two. The last four were just whatever I could find to be strong/revive fodder. XD

Dmal

Colloseum: Meganium, Espeon, Umbreon and the 3 dogs. For Mt Battle 100 to get Ho-Oh, I replaced Espeon and Umbreon with Metagross and Tyranitar. In short, I just used the high BST Pokemon.

XD: Ampharos, Espeon, Houndoom, Starmie (Sealo before I caught Starmie), Breloom (replaced by Shadow Salamence for the match against Greevil) and another Pokemon I cannot remember; it had different typing to my other Pokemon and wasn't Normal-type is all I can remember. I managed to beat Greevil with my team in high 40s using this, catching all his Shadow Pokemon without having to resort to Miror B.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
In XD, I know I had Jolteon, Walrein, and Houndoom, and I mainly used those to beat the game. The others were probably just shadow pokemon I wanted to purify.

Also, I started Colosseum but didn't finish it. Then I sold it in Gamestop =P

First Colosseum team: Meganium, Flygon, Mantine, Togetic, Suicune and Espeon.

First XD team: Vaporeon, Breloom, Gardevoir, Togetic, Salamence and Jumpluff.

Current Colosseum team: Espeon, Umbreon, Bayleef (not Meganium, B-button pressing, I like Bayleef), Entei, Absol and Tropius.

Current XD team: Togetic, Flygon, Gardevoir and Jumpluff. I'm in Citadark Isle and I am planning to add Salamence and Starmie.

Last edited:

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Throughout the storyline, I carried a team of ubered pokemon to get a gradual advantage against the trainers-whether it was wifi battle or basic colosseum. My teams were all shinies, maxed out, and are level 100. They go by:

Giratina, Mewtwo, Mew, Darkrai, Ho-Oh, Lugia. ^-^

KiraRebornXD

I don't have the game anymore but when i did i played nothing but ubers lol
Legends rule!

Lugia, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Zapdos yep ^_^

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
my XD team is always the same: jolteon, houndoom, ampharos, dewgong, and whatever the last 2 highest shadow pokes were that i caught. jolteon & ampharos abused thunder wave in every battle, made it easier to catch the shadows.