• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your team in Pokémon R/S/E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

Sceptile, Banette, Salamence, Manectric, Glalie and Crawdaunt in Emerald version. :]

zolios

I've only ever played Sapphire since that's the only one I ever owned until last year when I finally got Ruby for my collection, I played Emerald on an emulator many years ago but since I don't like playing Pokemon on a PC I got bored and gave up on it after only two Badges so I never had a real team on Emerald. So back to the Sapphire and my three teams from that game since I played through it three times over the years.

First team:
- Blaziken
- Crobat
- Aggron
- Cacturne
- Claydol
- Wailord

Second (monotype Water) team:
- Swampert
- Pelipper
- Ludicolo
- Sharpedo
- Walrein
- Kyogre

The most recent team (from about a year ago) is the weirdest one I ever had in Hoenn, even including the remakes:
- Masquerain
- Sableye
- Magcargo
- Heracross
- Tropius
- Relicanth

My favorite is the first one because of nostalgia and the fact that they beat every Elite 4 and Champion in every generation since Gen 3. They have so many different Champion ribbons, one from every region that has those (looking at you Unova) and even the Legend ribbon for beating Red in HGSS as well as two Hoenn ribbons thanks to ORAS existing. Only Cacturne is now missing the Galar ribbon since he wasn't allowed to enter that region :(

Kage-Pikachu

Ruby: i played ruby first even though i loved kyogre's design more to save the "best" for last
Blaziken
Mightyena-Absol
Swellow- Salamence
Gardevoir
Aggron - Metagross
Manectric- Castform - Manectric

I struggled so much during the pokemon league against Drake.

Sapphire: i kept many of the same
Swampert
Manectric
Gardevoir
Mighteyena - Castform - Absol
Aggron - Salamence
Swellow- Latios

Emerald: i usually played this game with all 3 starters, but for my very first play through i chose only Treeko. i liked to start with pokemon that were the same color of the box lol.
Sceptile
Aggron - Metagross
Swellow - Salamence
Mightyena - Absol - Glalie
Manectric - Castform - Manectric
Sharpedo

But currently:
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Salamence
Metagross
Manectric

i had a lot of fun with Emerald, i played that game probably the most of any pokemon game especially since it took me years to be able to afford a DS and platinum was already out at the time. i'll never forget my Grovyle struggling against Watson's Magneton during my first playthrough of emerald... god that was so brutal.

Kamex25

In Emerald, my first team was Swampert, Gardevoir, Aggron, Raichu, Ninetales, and Swellow.

My second team in Emerald was Sceptile, Azumarill, Crobat, Manectric, Flygon, and Grumpig.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
My original generation three team (Sapphire) was Sceptile (starter), Blaziken (trade as a Torchic from a friend), Swellow, Manectric, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt. This is definitely one of the /weirder/ teams that I've ever used. Only time I've used double starters for an initial play through, and the double up on Water/Dark types was simply due to the amount of Water HMs and I couldn't decide which of those two I liked more.

In Emerald, my original team was Sceptile, Swellow, Manetcric, Milotic, Gardevoir, Flygon; another odd team as now days I try not to really repeat on the 3rd game compared to the first game.

My current Emerald team from my latest reset is Swampert, Salamence, Dusclops, Ninjask, Claydol, Torkoal. Was a fun but challenging team to use. Finding and level up Salamence that late in the game was a chore, and using some slower Pokemon like Torkoal and Dusclops made for some interesting situations.

Kage-Pikachu

My current Emerald team from my latest reset is Swampert, Salamence, Dusclops, Ninjask, Claydol, Torkoal. Was a fun but challenging team to use. Finding and level up Salamence that late in the game was a chore, and using some slower Pokemon like Torkoal and Dusclops made for some interesting situations.
I agree, i wouldn't mind if pseudo legendaries evolve at insanely high levels if they were available EARLIER. there is very little motivation to train them so late in the game. Deino was always very annoying to breed and train in black and white and Larvitar is awful for only being available after all 16 badges are received.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Its been a long while but for me my team was:

Sceptile
Aggron
Altaria
Metagross
Camerupt
Slaking

Pyreon

I remember my first Emerald team was a mono-Fire team.
Blaziken, Camerupt, Magcargo, Ninetales, Torkoal and a second Blaziken I bred from my starter.

Currently I'm playing it again and the team I beat the league with was Blaziken, Walrein, Altaria, Cradily, Absol and Gardevoir.
Changed Altaria for Salamence after the E4.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jukain (Sceptile), Regirock, Regice, Latias, Latios, and Kyogre in Sapphire version. I just wanted a team full of strong Pokemon, so I mostly relied on Legendaries.

johno1995

My first time playing, I was eight and didn't care too much about repeating types, haha. I'll always remember this squad! It's stuff like this, the memories I make while playing, that make Pokemon games so much more important to me than any other game!

I had:
  • Swampert
  • Exploud
  • Raichu
  • Sharpedo
  • Donphan
  • Tropius
And then when I caught Rayquaza I swapped him in and took out Tropius. Good times!!

Tsukisha

My team on Pokémon Sapphire, game I hold very good memories from:
- Sceptile
- Hariyama
- Camerupt
- Grumpig
- Armaldo
- Walrein

I happened to raise both a Salamence and a Metagross as well, after the "end of the game" (Pokémon League). These two took me so long to level up as far as I remember.

TwilightBlade

- Sceptile
- Hariyama
- Camerupt
- Grumpig
- Armaldo
- Walrein

I happened to raise both a Salamence and a Metagross as well, after the "end of the game" (Pokémon League). These two took me so long to level up as far as I remember.
As far as Hoenn Psychic types go I always wanted to use a Grumpig because I like its design but I always felt that Gardevoir was the better choice due to its learnset. I used a Medicham in Ruby as my team's Psychic type but regretted it. :[

Pyreon

- Sceptile
- Hariyama
- Camerupt
- Grumpig
- Armaldo
- Walrein

Cool team! I never used Grumpig or Armaldo but they're on the list the next time I play through RSE.

Playing Ruby atm to get the version exclusives to complete my Emerald dex, using this very underwhelming team of Pokémon I have barely or never trained before. Swalot has been a surprise though, pretty decent team member, wasn't expecting it.

- Swampert
- Roselia
- Swellow
- Solrock
- Swalot
- Camerupt

Status
Not open for further replies.