• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your team that defeated PKMN Trainer Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Title says it all!

As for me, in my Pokémon Gold version, my team that defeated Trainer Red were:

Togetic
with Leftovers as a held item
Moves:
-Steel Wing
-Double Edge
-Zap Canon
-Safeguard

Misdreavus
with Spell Tag as a held item
Moves:
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split
-Perish Song

Sneasel
with Nevermelt Ice as a held item
Moves:
-Slash
-Icy Wind
-Faint Attack
-Quick Attack

Sudowoodo
with Blackbelt as a held item
Moves:
-Headbutt
-Low Kick
-Rock Slide
-DynamicPunch

Quagsire

with Soft Sand as a held item
Moves:
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Mud-Slap
-Slam

Meganium

with Miracle Seed as a held item
Moves:
-Body Slam
-Giga Drain
-SolarBeam
-PoisonPowder

All the Pokémon on my team were LEVEL 53
Did I struggled defeating Red? YES!
It took me, I believe, 9 attempts to finally beat him LOL

So what was your team? LET'S SHARE PEOPLE!

Last edited:

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
Heracross @ Focus Band
Reversal
Strength
Endure
Megahorn

Umbreon @ Blackglasses
Toxic
Mean Look
Bite
Moonlight

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Attract
Thunderwave
Surf

Donphan @ Softsand
Earthquake
Defense Curl
Rollout
Swagger

Meganium @ Brightpowder
Body Slam
Giga Drain
Reflect
Poison Powder

Arcanine @ Charcoal
Dragonbreath
Flamethrower
Double Team
Extremespeed

This was a good team that I enjoyed playing with only about a year ago. The first few times I played I never could even get to Red because I would always get stuck at the Ice Cave lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had to think really hard since it's been almost 14 years since I first beat Red on Silver version:

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water
- Surf
- Blizzard
- DynamicPunch
- Strength

Pidgeot @ Sharp Beak
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Steel Wing
- Hyper Beam

Raikou @ Quick Claw
- Thunderbolt
- Roar
- Crunch
- Zap Cannon

Lugia @ Brightpowder
- Icy Wind
- Aeroblast
- Psychic
- AncientPower

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Outrage
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Hyper Beam

Poliwrath @ Amulet Coin
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rock Smash
- Blizzard

Kalosian

So long
I don't remember any of them in perfect detail. I would guess, for the first time I beat him on Silver, that I used my in-game team which consisted of Feraligatr, Lugia, Umbreon, Pidgeot, Ampharos and Togetic. I'm not even sure if the Ampharos and Pidgeot were fully evolved, they might have been Pidgeotto and Flaaffy instead. I was probably extremely underleveled when I faced him, and I don't remember the movesets of all the team members, but I think the the one for Feraligatr was Slash, Bite, Surf and Hydro Pump and I'm quite sure Lugia had Aeroblast.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I've used;
Ampharos, Feraligatr, Haunter, Hitmonlee, Magneton and Vaporeon. Really, I will never remember the movesets, though I'm almost sure they were bad xD

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
God. It's been just shy of thirteen years, I think, since I beat Red for the first time in Silver Version.

The first time on Silver, it was Ho-Oh, Feraligatr, Victreebel, Ampharos, Pidgeot, and Umbreon. Pidgeot basically carried the entire team, because it was so much stronger. Umbreon did take out Espeon and Pikachu, though.

Ho-Oh @ Charcoal Level 77
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Fly
- Earthquake

Pidgeot @ Pink Bow Level 84
- Return
- Wing Attack
- Steel Wing
- Hyper Beam

Feraligatr @ Mystic Water Level 61
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Dynamicpunch

Victreebel @ Miracle Seed Level 59
- Razor Leaf
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Ampharos @ Magnet Level 62
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch
- Iron Tail
- Thunder

Umbreon @ Leftovers Level 70
- Faint Attack
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Stalled out Pikachu with Umbreon's Toxic and Confuse Ray, then switched to Feraligatr when he used Charizard. Charizard critted with Slash, idk if Feraligatr survived or not, but it did lose. So I sent out Ho-Oh. Beat it with Fly if I remember right. Blastoise came out, so I switched to Victreebel and got KO'd by Blizzard immediately. So I used Ampharos. Rain Dance, Thunder didn't KO. Lost to Surf. Ho-Oh, KO'd with either EQ or Psychic (Blastoise was at low health by then). Snorlax comes out, sets up Amnesia like crazy, Rests off all damage, and paralyzes with Body Slam. Lots of parahax was involved if I remember correctly. Ho-Oh ended up fainting, so I brought in Pidgeot and KO'd it with Return twice, but got paralyzed after the first one iirc. Espeon came in, so I switched to Umbreon and basically won by spamming Faint Attack and Moonlight to heal off Mud Slap/Swift damage. Venusaur came out last, and it Giga Drained Umbreon into oblivion after some Confusion not working as well as I would've liked. So I sent out my paralyzed Pidgeot and hit it with Wing Attack while it set up Sun, spammed Solarbeam, and healed with Synthesis. In the end, I think I had like, 30-some HP left, and ended up winning.

On Crystal, it was Arcanine, Meganium, Gyarados (a blue one, traded from Yellow early on at ~Level 20), Alakazam (traded from Yellow as a Kadabra post-Claire), Jolteon, and Porygon2. This time was much easier, both because my Pokémon were closer in levels to Red's overall and because my team could take his individual Pokémon pretty easily. Also helped that I took advantage of Gen 1 stuff (namely getting a Twistedspoon, an Alakazam, and Double-Edge for Gyarados) and trading with my Silver version (for an extra Leftovers and evolving Porygon into P2).

Arcanine @ Charcoal Level 75
- Fire Blast
- Flamethrower
- Extremespeed
- Bite

Meganium @ Leftovers Level 77
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Body Slam
- Synthesis

Gyarados @ Mystic Water Level 72
- Hydro Pump
- Zap Cannon
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Alakazam @ Twistedspoon Level 73
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch

Jolteon @ Magnet Level 80
- Thunderbolt
- Bite
- Pin Missile
- Thunder

Porygon2 @ Leftovers Level 76
- Return
- Iron Tail
- Curse
- Recover

This match was much easier. Meganium stalled Pika to death. Charizard, switched to Gyarados. He switches to Venusaur, I Double-Edge. Twice. It goes down. Espeon Psychic KOs, which surprised me. Jolteon KOs with a combination of Pin Missile on Turn 1, then Bite after a Mud Slap. Snorlax comes out. I fodder Alakazam. After some Amnesia shenanigans, it KOs with Body Slam; idrr if it was twice or not. But now it's at mostly full health, and my special attackers are worthless. So I send out Porygon2. Curse twice, Return KOs (idrr if two or not). So he brings out Blastoise, and Rain Dances as I Recover. Then crit rain-boosted Surf. You've got to be kidding me. So Jolteon, Thunder, good-bye. Charizard. Same story. Match over. Glad Rain Dance boosted Thunder's accuracy to 100% ever since Gen 2.

Overall: I'm just glad that Red's Snorlax didn't have Curse. If it did, it would've been broken. There's a reason Snorlax was almost banned in competitive play of Gen 2.

Last edited:

Izayoi

The Sealed Weapon
In Crystal...
Hmm... That was so long ago...
-Typhlosion
-Suicune
-Lugia
-Ho-oh
-Raikou

I'm pretty sure I didn't have a sixth. Or maybe I just can't remember

A lvl 96 Typlosion + Charcoal

Flame wheel
Fire blast
Swift
Cut <-- Can't remember exactly what was in the fourth move slot

and 5 very underleveled pokemon @ levels 50 - 70

Aquarelle

Staff member
The first time I defeated Red was on my Gold, with my main team:
-Typhlosion
-Dragonite
-Aerodactyl
-Raikou
-Suicune
-Lugia
Their movesets were (and still are) pretty bad, consisting of weak HM moves, multiple moves of the same type, etc. since I didn't know much about making good movesets back then.
Don't remember the exact levels, but they were lower than Red's.

On Silver, don't remember.
I know my first Crystal team had Meganium, and I think Umbreon, and...Tyranitar maybe? Can't recall the rest, but I do remember that my team was in the 50s level wise and won pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.