• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your very first game console?

What was the first game console you ever owned?

• NES/SNES

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Nintendo 64

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • GameCube

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wii/Wii U

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Switch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PlayStation (any from 1-4)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Xbox (original, 360 or One)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Gameboy (original, Colour, Advance or SP)

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Sega Genesis/Megadrive

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Other (Nintendo DS, Atari, etc.)

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft or even good old Atari - it doesn't matter. What was the very first game console you owned? (It can be handheld or a home console.)

PCs don't count, as I consider them to be of multiple uses other than gaming.

If you can remember it, you can also say what games you had for the console as well.

Mine was the Gameboy Colour with Pokémon Yellow and Silver Versions, but my cousin had the Nintendo 64 with Mario Kart 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokémon Stadium and Super Mario 64. He actually had an SNES first, but I don't know what SNES games he had as I was only a tiny baby at the time.

Because not everyone may have started with the old consoles we all know and love, I've included newer ones too, like the Wii and Xbox One.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The NES was my first ever console. I recently found it and sold it along with all my games as I have no real need for it. I can play all but three of the games I had on either the Switch or 3DS so it whoa real loss. The only games I can’t play are the TMNT game with the infamous dam level everyone hates, Pinball which is oddly not on the VC despite it being a launch day release and having cameos of Mario and Pauline, And Marble Madness. The Game Boy was my second console.

The first video game console I owned was a Lime Green Game Boy Color (course it was a three way ownership since I owned it with both of my younger brothers). The first game I had for it was Pokemon Blue. (I still have said game).

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
First console was the PS one (the small one) when it came out. Had Tekken 3, the Crash Bandicoot racing game and Spyro: Year of the Dragon

First handheld was the purple Gameboy Advance with Wario Land 4

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The only games I can’t play are the TMNT game with the infamous dam level everyone hates, Pinball which is oddly not on the VC despite it being a launch day release and having cameos of Mario and Pauline

Would that be the TMNT NES game that the Angry Video Game Nerd played and famously had a hard time with, and not Turtles in Time on the SNES? And is that Pauline as in Pauline from Super Mario Odyssey?

First handheld was the purple Gameboy Advance with Wario Land 4

I also had WL4, and I wanted a purple GBA because it's my favourite colour, but I got a silver one instead.

Captain Jigglypuff

Would that be the TMNT NES game that the Angry Video Game Nerd played and famously had a hard time with, and not Turtles in Time on the SNES? And is that Pauline as in Pauline from Super Mario Odyssey?
Yes to Angry Video Nerd TMNT question. A lot of players actually loathe that level that it is widely considered one of the hardest levels ever to be in a video game made worse that it is literally the second level of the game. Not many people ever got past it.

And sort of to Pauline. She has the appearance of the classic Donkey Kong arcade game wearing her pink dress and pigtails.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
My first ever game console was a Playstation 1, which I got at the turn of the millennium

Nintendo DS cause I’m a young gal

Got my DSi in 2011 and it pretty much changed my life, I still have it to this day and it still works perfectly fine! I only played games based on non-game franchises for a while (I remember getting the Tangled game when it released, and I still own Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4) and then I lost it, but found it again shortly before I got into Pokemon and then used it to play all the DS Pokemon games! I think my DS is still gonna see use for years to come, which makes me really happy.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Nintendo DS cause I’m a young gal

Got my DSi in 2011 and it pretty much changed my life, I still have it to this day and it still works perfectly fine! I only played games based on non-game franchises for a while (I remember getting the Tangled game when it released, and I still own Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4) and then I lost it, but found it again shortly before I got into Pokemon and then used it to play all the DS Pokemon games! I think my DS is still gonna see use for years to come, which makes me really happy.

What Pokémon games did you play first? My first on the DS family of handhelds was Black, then SoulSilver (which is one of my favourite Pokémon games of all time, and maybe even my favourite DS game of all time). However, despite HG/SS being part of Gen 4, I didn’t actually get to play Sinnoh until 2015, with Platinum. I was a very late comer on the Sinnoh train, and I didn’t play Diamond/Pearl/Platinum when they first came around in 2007 or so.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
As for consoles my first would be an X-box that was shared with my siblings, when it broke we got a ps-2 to replace it and we got a Wii in about 2009. Later on my sister bought herself a ps3, I bought an xbox 360 and my other sister bought herself a ps4. We regularly play on each others consoles though. As for handhelds, I received a gba as a hand-me-down from my sister when she got a gba sp, later I bought my self a Ds lite and then a 3ds and my other other sister gave me her gba sp. Last year I bought myself a switch which fits in both catergories, all of them still work except for the original xbox and my ds which broke in half.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Last year I bought myself a switch which fits in both catergories, all of them still work except for the original xbox and my ds which broke in half.

If it’s an original DS or a DSi/Lite, the bottom half still works and you can play GBA games on it. :D

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Nintendo Gamecube way back in 2003,it was when I first played games like Dragon Ball Z Budokai,Mario Kart Double Dash and Legend of Zelda.I think around 2005 was when I stopped playing it and switched over to the PS2.

Last edited:
What Pokémon games did you play first? My first on the DS family of handhelds was Black, then SoulSilver (which is one of my favourite Pokémon games of all time, and maybe even my favourite DS game of all time). However, despite HG/SS being part of Gen 4, I didn’t actually get to play Sinnoh until 2015, with Platinum. I was a very late comer on the Sinnoh train, and I didn’t play Diamond/Pearl/Platinum when they first came around in 2007 or so.

I was late onto the Pokemon train, my first was Pokemon White in around mid-2016. After that I got White 2, then I got SoulSilver in September, and then I got Platinum for Christmas. My favourite out of those has gotta be White tbh, I love N’s arc to pieces. I do actually own a 3DS but I still like playing on my DS because it’s easier to control with the D-pad, and it also means my console won’t just collect dust.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

List of Games I owned for (Nintendo Gamecube)
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
-Shark Tale
-The Incredibles
-TMNT (2003)
-Spider-Man 2
-Mortal Kombat Deception
-Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
-Crash Nitro Kart
-Turok Evolution
-Ultimate Spider-Man

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The very first game console I ever played with was the Super Nintendo. My father had (and still has) it with a few games, among which my favourite ones were (and are) Super Mario World and Joe & Mac, an unbelievably funny game having as main characters two cavemen.

I only really know Joe & Mac from JonTron.

Xuxuba

Megadrive, which is the reason why i want to buy the Sega Collection for the Switch, but i found out there is no Monster Boy and no Sonic 3 so i am not so sure anymore, cuz every other version had them.

Captain Jigglypuff

I remember getting my original Game Boy for my eighth birthday and my very first game was Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins. My sister had her own Game Boy and had Super Mario Land and Tetris which she let me keep with my games. My game collection grew up until the release of the GBC.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
As an infant I first "played" an An Atari 5200...I may have managed to kill one enemy in a port of Missile Command via my butt bumping a button...but my drool shorted out the console for good.

First owned? Purple Game Boy color.

Status
Not open for further replies.