1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your very first Pokémon game?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jan 31, 2019.

1. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

The first game I played was Red. My brother and I split use of the game. We got a green gameboy and red version. We ended up getting a second a gameboy and blue, this was the first pokemon game I actually owned.

2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Was it kind of like that Vietnamese Crystal game which is infamously unreadable and almost unplayable?

Luckily now you can get the original R/B/Y and G/S/C on the Virtual Console, so you can relive that nostalgia again without having to worry about dying batteries. ;)

Sceptrigon likes this.
  3. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Eh not really. Even though we had gotten the Sapphire from an East Asian country (can’t remember where exactly), it played pretty much the same as an English copy without any mistranslations that I remember. The main issue was that it couldn’t save anymore, so basically just like having an old GSC cartridge’s save automatically erased.

Thank goodness for that! I got Yellow and Crystal for Virtual Console since I wanted to play through some single third versions, and I didn’t want to repeat getting Blue and Silver.

BTS_fan and NovaBrunswick like this.
  4. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Yeah...? I lived in Japan for a while. A ton of my pokemon games are in Japanese.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  5. NovaBrunswick

I miss the coloured Gameboy and GBA cartridges. They could’ve made the OR/AS cartridges red and blue like the originals.

VoltTacklePikachu and Sceptrigon like this.
  6. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Yeah I wish they would have continued the different coloured carts into the DS and 3DS eras

NovaBrunswick and Sceptrigon like this.
  7. NovaBrunswick

And the Switch cartridges too, since Gen 8 will be the first on the Switch.

Prof. SALTY likes this.
  8. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Huh... could've sworn I've answered this question for the third time... weird. Anyways, my first ever Pokemon game is Pokemon Stadium. Don't know about you guys but man did the graphics aged well during the Gamecube era, given updates for Colosseum and the 3D models being used for Smash Bros. Melee's Pokefloats.

9. PageEmperor

PageEmperor Member

Plat was the first game i bought, and HeartGold was the first I completed.

10. ThisIsPatrick

ThisIsPatrick Well-Known Member

Started out with Leafgreen back in the day, then went onto Platinum. Played every game since bar Let’s Go. Not really a fan of the CP system but I do like the spotlight it’s cast back on Pokémon

11. VoltTacklePikachu

VoltTacklePikachu yah Eevee Rocks !

Ruby was my first Pokemon game got as an Xmas present with a GBA SP in 2003(which was also my first handheld) But the first Pokemon game I played through to the end was Pokemon Crystal(Also my favourite and the most I spent on hours on)which I got in early 2004 preowned from GAME. I was well into Pokemon before getting Ruby just watched the Anime and collected the cards.

12. NovaBrunswick

I also got a GBA SP for Christmas 2003, but I didn’t get Ruby until my birthday the following February.

VoltTacklePikachu likes this.
  13. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Mine was Pokemon Blue for the Game Boy.

14. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

Pokemon Red and Blue Versions

15. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

Red version was my first. I got it shortly after release in 1998.

16. NovaBrunswick

Pretty much everyone started with Red and Blue, yes? I started a little later with Gold and Silver, but I went back to Yellow for a bit.

17. Pokemon sapphire was my first game.

18. TMVHanzo

TMVHanzo New Member

My very first pokemon game was FireRed. My older sister gave me the cart for my birthday when I was younger, and I remember enjoying myself. I lost the cartridge for a while, but I uncovered it while cleaning out some old things of mine. When I loaded up the save file, I found that I hadn't gotten very far into the game (only up to one of the first encounters with Team Rocket, I believe), but I had an overleveled Blastoise and not much else aha.

19. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Minetoo

20. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

For my birthday way back in 1998 I got a gameboy and Pokemon Blue; Been a poke fan ever since!