1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your very first Pokémon game?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Boss1991

Boss1991 Hardcore Pokéfan

My first Pokémon game was Silver, in late 2002, early 2003.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  2. AuroraBeam

AuroraBeam Well-Known Member

My cousin showed me and let me play his Red/Blue version (I can't recall which one it was) once when I was little and I was hooked. Got myself a used blue version shortly after that. I don't remember the exact year however.

3. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

4. derekrandall

derekrandall Active Member

Pokémon Red baby ❤️ Me and my brother, very painfully, shared one copy of Pokémon red but every generation after we each got the opposite game for trading purposes :)

5. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Painfully? Do you mean you kept deleting each other’s saved games all the time? Or were you always arguing about who should have a turn on the game next? XD

At one point, me and my sister had both of the Gen 3 games. I had Ruby and she had Sapphire. She didn’t get very far in her game though, she only got up to the second gym before quitting.

6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

In my first copy of Red I got so annoyed that I couldn’t find a Pikachu in Viridian Forest that I named some random Pidgey “Pikachu” in hopes to lure one out. It oddly worked. It also confused my friend who wanted to play and he was wondering why I called a Pidgey “Pikachu.” Good Times. Then my game got erased just as I was going to get the Earth Badge from Giovanni. I saved right before him and a girl in my class picked up my Gameboy and accidentally did the erase all data button press. I was pretty upset at her for obvious reasons.

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Nice (about naming Pidgey, Pikachu and having that work)! That sucks (about accidental erasing the game). I did something similar with a friends Gold or Silver game by mistake. I helped them to restart the game and stuff. Felt bad about it for awhile there.

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

The part about Pikachu the Pidgey that is crazy is that it was less than five minutes catching it, Pikachu actually appeared so I called it “Pidgey” to even things out.

9. NovaBrunswick

Maybe the “name a Pokémon the name of another Pokémon” trick works?

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  10. Miar

Miar Something witty

Pokemon Puzzle League on N64, actually.

It still works too. I still like to pick it back up once in a while and waste time on it.

11. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

Platinum

Majespectre and NovaBrunswick like this.
  12. Platina2000

Platina2000 Well-Known Member

Silver was my first game, and remains one of my favorites to this day.

13. saulojakhy

saulojakhy New Member

my parents don't want me to have a Nintendo Switch (too expensive) so I guess Gen7 will be the last one that I'll play.

Majespectre likes this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Blue version was the first game that I actually owned myself, although I had played my friend's Red version a few times so I was familiar with the games by then.

15. Ashscot

Ashscot Active Member

Pokemon Gold back in the day.

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  16. DLeck6211

DLeck6211 I dunno

Pokemon Red and Blue

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  17. Lemonski

Lemonski Active Member

My very first Pokemon game was Omega Ruby; I got into the games pretty late.

18. eViL-nErD

eViL-nErD Member

Pokemon Yellow.. awesome memories of playin it while on vacation with family and had a Gameboy color with me at the time .. I remember it being very challenging and may re visit it just to make sure xD

19. Monozu

Monozu Cosmopolitan Dragon

White back in 2011

MockingJ, NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  20. NovaBrunswick

It’s never too late to get into Pokemon. :D