1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was your very first Pokémon game?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Lemonski

Lemonski Active Member

That's true! Though it's just the video games that I got into so late since I've known about Pokemon for years now (I had seen stuff about the video games too but didn't seem to have the interest until later), as a kid I had a couple of plushies and a decent number of cards for example. :)

2. BulleDeChagrin

BulleDeChagrin Lillie best girl

My first was Yellow, back when it was released, but I didn't finish it as I couldn't beat Giovanni.

But then I played Gold and Crystal like crazy. I skipped Ruby & Sapphire as I didn't have a GBA, but then played Emerald when my brother got one. I skipped Diamond and Pearl again as I wasn't into Pokemon too much anymore, but then I played each game that came out after that. But even though I liked Platinum, HGSS, BW and BW2, XY was the game that made me REALLY get into Pokemon and now I'm obsessed. :D

3. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

To be fair, I did get into the games - and Pokemon as a whole - pretty late, around 2000. That was when the initial craze that started in the 90s was cooling down, and Gold/Silver were coming out.

4. GymTrainerAlex

GymTrainerAlex Breeder

First Pokémon game was Red, Blue and Yellow. I remember saving up money to buy both copies and the wild goose chase to hunt down a copy of Yellow when it first released. I was able to find an early copy of it in a computer store inside the mall. It’s really been a big part of my life and love that the series still bring people together.

5. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Same here, I did play pokemon beforehand, but XY really made me addicted to Pokemon hee

6. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix misty and dawn are best girls.

Crystal was my first and ironically, HGSS are my favorites. DPPt are close seconds.

7. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

Blue. I got it for Christmas of ‘99 when I was ten (appropriately enough).

MockingJ, NovaBrunswick and wolf jani like this.
  8. NovaBrunswick

So you could’ve been a real Pokemon trainer. :D

HG/SS are also my favourites too.

9. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Silver version back in 2001 I think. I got it for my birthday but only played it a little bit because the gameplay was confusing. I began playing it seriously at the end of 2002 and liked it more.

10. NovaBrunswick

I got Yellow and Silver around the same time, so they were both my first Pokémon games. I played Silver more though.

wolf jani likes this.
  11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Member

I'll admit I got into the games pretty late, Black and White were my first games, but I went back and bought old copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver afterwards.

NovaBrunswick, MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  12. NovaBrunswick

I actually did that as well, but B/W weren’t my first games. But they were the first games I played after a long hiatus from Pokemon.

wolf jani likes this.