• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was your very first Pokémon game?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
My first was Yellow, back when it was released, but I didn't finish it as I couldn't beat Giovanni.

But then I played Gold and Crystal like crazy. I skipped Ruby & Sapphire as I didn't have a GBA, but then played Emerald when my brother got one. I skipped Diamond and Pearl again as I wasn't into Pokemon too much anymore, but then I played each game that came out after that. But even though I liked Platinum, HGSS, BW and BW2, XY was the game that made me REALLY get into Pokemon and now I'm obsessed. :D

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
That's true! Though it's just the video games that I got into so late since I've known about Pokemon for years now (I had seen stuff about the video games too but didn't seem to have the interest until later), as a kid I had a couple of plushies and a decent number of cards for example. :)

To be fair, I did get into the games - and Pokemon as a whole - pretty late, around 2000. That was when the initial craze that started in the 90s was cooling down, and Gold/Silver were coming out.

First Pokémon game was Red, Blue and Yellow. I remember saving up money to buy both copies and the wild goose chase to hunt down a copy of Yellow when it first released. I was able to find an early copy of it in a computer store inside the mall. It’s really been a big part of my life and love that the series still bring people together.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My first was Yellow, back when it was released, but I didn't finish it as I couldn't beat Giovanni.

But then I played Gold and Crystal like crazy. I skipped Ruby & Sapphire as I didn't have a GBA, but then played Emerald when my brother got one. I skipped Diamond and Pearl again as I wasn't into Pokemon too much anymore, but then I played each game that came out after that. But even though I liked Platinum, HGSS, BW and BW2, XY was the game that made me REALLY get into Pokemon and now I'm obsessed. :D
Same here, I did play pokemon beforehand, but XY really made me addicted to Pokemon hee

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Silver version back in 2001 I think. I got it for my birthday but only played it a little bit because the gameplay was confusing. I began playing it seriously at the end of 2002 and liked it more.

I got Yellow and Silver around the same time, so they were both my first Pokémon games. I played Silver more though.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'll admit I got into the games pretty late, Black and White were my first games, but I went back and bought old copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver afterwards.

I actually did that as well, but B/W weren’t my first games. But they were the first games I played after a long hiatus from Pokemon.

DR.gonzo

Pokémon Blue .

My original intentions were to go and buy Pokémon Red due to the box art been Charizard, at the time Red was the popular choice and my local small games store only had copies of Blue left . Kinda glad too as it turned out once back at school after the holidays everybody had gotten Red .

TRNRLogan

Firered. Then probably Colosseum or Sapphire (used).

Didn't beat Firered for like 3 years and after i had beaten Colosseum, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, and Xd Gale of Darkness.