• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was you're first Final Fantasy game?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
My first Final Fantasy game would have to be Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for the DS... though I think way long before that, I played a little bit of my cousin's FFIX game.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

IV. Then VI, then V.

I've also played IX, and VIII until my friend borrowed my CDs.

Enjoying FFV Advance so much, that I've repeated it a few times.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
it would have to be FF crystal chronicles for the gamecube. i was taken in by this games idea and liked that i could use my GBA as a secondary screen. the look and feel of it and the fact it was an rpg without being so RPG like appealed to me. the huge world of the game kept me playing and in it for quite awhile. i was somewhat dispointed with the sequel if it could be called that, and couldnt get pulled into the wii version echoes of time, but the DS version did it much better justice.

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
FF3 for DS. Man, that last boss is impossible to beat!

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I am the biggest fan of Final Fantasy EVER! ^^
My first actually was Final Fantasy X for the PS2 and I was extremely addicted to it.
I have played thousands of games in my whole life and it's simply THE best.

GengarNightmare

I am the biggest fan of Final Fantasy EVER! ^^
My first actually was Final Fantasy X for the PS2 and I was extremely addicted to it.
I have played thousands of games in my whole life and it's simply THE best.
Me too! It IS the best!

I love the sidequests. Getting all the "Legendary Weapons" and Omega Ruins was great! Can't say much for the sequal, tho. >_<

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
FF9 was my first.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
FFX2 was my first FF game. I really like this game and i still play it (actually i am trying to get the perfect ending, i missed it the first time). Sure the story is a bit weird but i love the battle system. In my opinion FFX-2 has one of the best RPG battling systems.

I haven't played FFX yet, so i cannot compare the two of them but i have heard a lot of compliments for FFX.

Super Mario Bros. 2 did the whole "just a dream" thing long before FFX did. And it's never a good plot twist. It's generally hated whenever ANY form of media pulls that stunt.

Do us a favour and go to hell. You ruined half of FFX plot for me ηλιθιε, thank God i stopped reading. We do have spoiler tags you know. Or is too hard for you to press a button? Just because you don't like a game it doesn't mean it sucks. It is all about personal tastes. Grow up and understand that.

Last edited:

Joki

My first FF game was Final Fantasy VII. It was the first part to be released in Germany and got me hooked from the moment I first read something about it in a gaming magazine. Since then I´m a big fan of the series. And I actually just beated FF VII again a few weeks ago.

I think it was FF Tactics Advance. In retrospect a spin-off isn't really the best way to introduce yourself to franchise. I've also played FFI, II, III and VII. Oh and Crystal Chronicles unfortunatly. :p

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
the first one i ever played on my own was final fantasy tactics. it was kinda fun at first, but then i realized how much i hated rts games. then i got into final fantasy 7. couldnt figure out just what it was that got me into that game, but to this day, that is still my favorite ff game

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Do us a favour and go to hell. You ruined half of FFX plot for me ηλιθιε, thank God i stopped reading. We do have spoiler tags you know. Or is too hard for you to press a button? Just because you don't like a game it doesn't mean it sucks. It is all about personal tastes. Grow up and understand that.

You sorta ruined the plot of FFX by playing FFX-2 first. Seriously, they mention the whole dream thing like 5 times during FFX-2.

And the problem with FFX to me is it's annoyingly mediocre.