• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Was You're First Impression of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alloute

Not Banned
OMG i disliked the water routes... well in everygame i hated water.

.....yet you need to travel on water to get to major locations.

I noticed that snow was not utilized properly.

Satoshi 91

My first impression was the graphics obviously. They were just such an improvement on the 3rd Gen. I also liked the fact that the battle menus were on the touch screen, I hate going back to the old games for this reason.

coolespeon

I dont know.
uhm... I saw dialga on the box and I got very happy but then, I saw bidoof. but the game reinvicated in a good story, and some good pokemon.

I was amazed by the enhanced graphics and such...
I was also intrigued by the new Pokemon (since at the time, I was purposely not visiting Pokemon sites so I wouldn't be "spoiled" by anything).
Otherwise...I enjoyed it like every other Pokemon game I've played.

Indy

WAT
A certain Rock usin' Gym Leader...

Yeah. I liked his appearnce.

Plus.. the return of night and day.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
My first impression was the graphics obviously. They were just such an improvement on the 3rd Gen. I also liked the fact that the battle menus were on the touch screen, I hate going back to the old games for this reason.

This, pretty much.

I was amazed at how the graphics were just such a massive improvement... just brilliant, really ^^ I'd already gotten the low-down on the Pokémon and storyline from the main site & forums, so all that was left to experience was the graphics, really.

maxim565

Absolute Defender
When the first time I play Diamond, I see the head size of the character sprites is bigger...

And Bidoof save my life

Cobalt_Electrike

Lightning Creator
I thought that the storyline was very cool and that they had done a great deal of graphics.

But then Barry came along.....

YamadaHachiko

Roketto Minion
I thought it was awesome that they came up with the idea of online battling. ^^ I had wanted something like that in the game for years, so I was really excited! :p

So much, that I saved up for a DS lite just so I could play Diamond, heh...

YamadaHachiko

Roketto Minion
I thought it was awesome that they came up with the idea of online battling. ^^ I had wanted something like that in the game for years, so I was really excited! :p

So much, that I saved up for a DS lite just so I could play Diamond, heh...

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
The whole Underground-thing excited me. I loved the secret base.idea of the third Gen. and now there was a whole new world under the world..

Virtuos

Female Wobbuffet???
the touch screen move option etcetera etcetera and underground. lol, first game in the ds :D

tied between, bidoofus :p and meh i miss the first 251 pokemon -_-

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
"Ughhh more pokemon!?"
When I tell people I still playPokemon, The first question they always ask is "How many Pokemon do they have now?" and Im always like "Like around 500."

I like that its more of a challenge but Sinnoh pokemon dont compare to Kanto or Johto. =\

Cruisercard

I remember from my Diamond first few hours:
Losing to a trainer the first time. ( I lost to te same trainer on Platinum!)
Watching the animation at the start and being excited.
Seeing the badge case.

DarkestWish7706

Trainer of Trainers
"I f***ing hate Bidoof..."

Status
Not open for further replies.