• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the 80s like?

Can't say, only lived 2 years in it. Some of that stuff bled into the 90's, but other than that, it was a different time and place for what it was.

Not much has really changed much really. People in the 80's still dress that way in retrospect.

PlatinumManzai

I Love You!
I liked the 80's music. :3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Was born in 1992, so I never lived in it (I naturally have the 80s hair, though!), but I grew up with the music from a lot of rock and metal bands because Dad played it a whole lot. And in recent years (I think for the past five-or-so years), I've been watching a lot of cartoons (anime and Western) from the 80s, and it definitely was a weird, albeit interesting time for animation, especially television cartoons. Apparently all of the animators were still reeling from the acid 70s that it wasn't able to fully flush itself out until the 2000s. Or at least the newer drugs they were able to afford from selling merchandise flushed it out.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
From what I've been told, a lot of cocaine and cool technological advancements.
Some of the earliest, and most famous video games came from the late 70s and early 80s. You might have heard of an indie project known as pong? Hell, most video game designers today, especially the bigger ones, grew up playing games from them.
Historically it was probably one of the colder parts of the Cold War, with a lot of the USSR falling apart towards the end of the 80s into the 90s when they finally tore down the Berlin Wall. All in all, it was a cultural explosion. The Americans had won the space race and our technology was expanding far beyond our control. This probably was when Americans, and most of the "Western" world had become the most dependent on tech in our day to day lives. Plus we had Ronald Reagon as a president. Probably one of my favorites behind Teddy Roosevelt. And Margret Thatcher as the British Prime Minister I believe.
Some of my favorite musicians are from this decade. My favorite album, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, is from the 80s. Some cool shows were as well, although my favorites came before and after the 80s.
I was born in 95 so I only speak from second hand accounts from the people that lived it. Mostly family and friends.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Stereotyped with cocaine and bad haircuts