• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the highlights of Journeys for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Let’s *spread* positivity. This thread has been done over and over but the series actually ended and concluded so at least people have a full context to make up their mind and figuring out what they liked and didn’t like.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Leon vs Ash
Lillie's reunion
Ash's first battle tournament win in the "Battle Frontier" with Mimey and Pikachu.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I always wanted Ash to get a Lucario and he got one. The world tour aspect was something we were all looking forward to although the execution was a bit disappointing.

All the characters' returns were good imo especially Lillie's.

The biggest highlight of the Journeys for me would be the final battle between Ash and Leon and our boy finally becoming a world champion.

Red and Blue

1. Ash battling with Mimey for the first time.
2. Ash catching older Pokemon
3. Go's capture of Suicune
4. Some of the battles in the PWC such as Volkner, Marnie, and the final Bea match.
5. Ash vs. Cynthia and Ash vs. Leon were worth the wait
6. The Aether family reunion and the following Battle Royal episode.
7. Pikachu being inspired by all of Ash's past captures to push forward and defeat Charizard

Master Pikachu 11

Lillie and Gladion’s reunion with their dad episode
The Battle Royale episode
The rematch with Volkner
The captures of Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and Sirfetch’d
Sirfetch’d’s development episodes
Pikachu seeing all of the past Pokémon again in a dream
Ash vs Cynthia and Ash vs Leon
Goh’s capture of Flygon
Dawn, Gary, Iris, Clemont, Bonnie, Serena and Paul’s return episodes
The DP specials with Brock and Team Galactic
Gengar learning to G Max episode

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Lillie , Serena , and Iris Have the biggest and best return also Arceus Special
The return of alola champion still the best
Ash vs Leon Final battle
Sirfetch , the duck is the MVP of Ash Team

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash's capture of Dragonite because of how many "Doors" and "Patterns" it broke
Ash getting Riolu, and finally a proper mega by extension.
Ash being allowed to battle at a level he should rightfully be at when not under the reset button.
Dracovish and Sirfetch'd in general.
Lillie and Gladion finding their father, and the following episode, just so much pure emotion.
Gengar training with Ash's fire types, and Paul of all people returning.
Pikachu seeing all of Ash's pokemon when it is on the verge of losing.
Ash winning the Masters 8 and all his traveling companions watching.

And Butterfree being seen, alive...because I still don't know where the death theory came on that.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Past characters returning.
Ash's first mixed team with no starters.
Ash finally getting a riolu/lucario, good or bad.
Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd arc + Wilkstrom introduction.
Gengar g-max arc.
Arceus specials.
Alola episodes.
Lillie episode + Mohn physical appearance.
Paul/reserves episode.
Vs Volkner
Vs Raihan
Vs Cynthia
Vs Leon

Just to highlight the main points. Random things like the Opal, kingdra, absol and unown episodes too.

Ryker101

Biggest one is character returns for me, was pretty satisfied with almost all of them except Alain’s. It’s always a joy to catch up with them and see them interact with newer ones. Best ones were Lillie/Gladion, Paul, Gary and Iris for me. Also enjoyed some PWC fights, particularly Lance vs Leon, Ash vs Vesiquez, Volkner, Cynthia and especially Leon. Early on his captures were great, the Riolu ep in particular was awesome imo, it was executed really well. Really liked Ash’s team here, Sirfetchd in particular was a surprise hit and has become one of my all time favourites. I also loved Goh’s backstory eps (15+32), I think they really showcased his circumstances and character and allowed you to understand him as a person

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Journeys only made three good choices

• Finally giving Iris her rightfully deserved spot and giving her the most development than everyone not named Lillie.
  • Having Serena be by herself and exploring her character outside the ship. 60 seconds was long enough
  • Aether special.
  • Lipstick scene
That’s about all I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.