• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the highlights of Journeys for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

Old characters, Ash catching an OP team very quickly, Sirfetch'd/Dracovish, Infernape's episode, the Paul episode, Ash/Leon, Ash/Cynthia, Ash/Volkner, Ash/Raihan, the episode in Alola where they sang "champion, champion". Good stuff all-round really.

Blui

Personally I thought the Eternatus arc was also pretty cool. Also cool to see Clemont and Bonnie return.

And as mentioned by others, some highlight battles:
1. Ash vs. Volkner
2. Ash vs. Cynthia
3. Ash vs. Bea

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
- Chloe not battling.

- Blue girl’s wise words to Chloe.

- Morpeko.

- Goh crying over his breakup with Ash.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
- Goh's character writing and how well Project Mew complimented him, but also other aspects such as his individual episodes with Cubone, Flygon, Celebi-Tokio and Floette being a big highlight for me. His arcs with Cinderace and Inteleon were beautiful too

- Ash's achievements as in getting mega evolution, getting Lucario Dragonite and Gengar, beating champions esp Cynthia, beating elite four, the entirety of Ash vs Leon, how mature he was in mentoring Goh and ofc the way his Alolan champion title was reinforced and respected in one of the best if not the best JN episode ever, the alolan battle royale episode

- Chloe's character and episodes. Even if her arc ended in the most predictable way and I would have preferred if her Eevee evolved

- The continuity galore. Highlights are definitely Gary, Lillie, Serena, Iris and Paul, but absolutely loved Clemont Bonnie, Sophocles and catching up with rest of the alolan squad, Dawn's reappearances as well. Aside from the AG debacle liked Greninja as well, aside from no reserves in the PWC at any time loved them training the new time as well. Miffed about Mewtwo, disliked Alain's handling. Love all the other details tho like all the other returns, Cassidy and Butch conclusion, etc.

- The Arceus specials were some top tier episodes man and LITERALLY DP 2.0 I'm still amazed at how high quality and amazing they were

- Some fillers were really fun, and I absolutely loved the acid trip that were the Satoking episodes.

- The concept of the Masters tournament and just seeing all the champions together

Journeys only made three good choices

• Finally giving Iris her rightfully deserved spot and giving her the most development than everyone not named Lillie.
  • Having Serena be by herself and exploring her character outside the ship. 60 seconds was long enough
  • Aether special.
  • Lipstick scene
That’s about all I got.
What about the Arceus specials and our precious DP squad again :(

Broseph08

-Catching Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario. F*ck regional birds and starters. I'm glad they gave him fan favorite powerhouses.
-Sirfetch'd was awesome
-Actually getting and using mega evolution. Better late than never
-Character returns especially Gary and Lillie
-Ash vs. Cynthia and especially Leon. The latter is probably the best battle in the series. I rewatched all the 6v6s in the past few weeks and I think it is easily the best of the bunch

JN really has helped turn Ash's rep around with casual fans lol. I remember a decade ago when people did the Red vs. Ash memes. Going through twitter after the Leon battle made me realize how much the casual audience loves Ash now.

-Return of several companions/rivals ( Serena, Gary, Iris, Brock)
-The impressive return of Greninja and his great contribution to Lucario
-Ash vs. Cynthia, Ash vs. Leon, Diantha vs. Lance the best battles
-Ash vs Bea, vs Volkner good battles
-Goh and Gary interactions
-Leon's character in general

Trey pokes

Just about Damn near everything! Honestly this was the most fun I've had since XY and Ash winning the Alola league. Imo, if even the filler episodes didn't stop me from having a hood time, U know you're doing something right. And just 1 more congratulations for the MAN Ash Ketchum!!

Dracovish and Sirfetchd
Seeing Ash’s old Pokemon
Seeing Serena and her Pancham
Ash vs Leon, especially Pikachu vs Charizard

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
- Return of past characters and companions, notable highlights were Serena, Iris and Lillie

- Ash finally getting to use Mega Evolution

- While light on the Galar focus, Ash’s team for the series

- Ash’s mini-rival arc with Bea

- The good filler episodes were very enjoyable

- Arceus special and the Alola focused episodes

- Ash vs Leon

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
I hate this series but I'd be lying if I said there weren't any good moments and no it's not the end of the series
1. Ash's Pokemon, starting with Dragonit, I wouldn't expect him to catch it, it was a big surprise then there was Gengar and who had these 2 pokemons? MasterDrake so nice reference. Plus Lucario, which I've been dreaming about for many years. Dracovish and Sirfetch'd were fine too, though the fish didn't get much time
2. The ending of Lilie and the return to Alola were some of the best episodes of the series. Each comeback was better than the last, it was amazing
3. Fighting with Cynthia has been a 4th generation dream and we finally got it
4. All of Ash's friends watching his finals, too bad they're not in the stadium
5. The Regina storyline, it's a pity that one episode and that the rest of Eevee's evolutions were not so foul
6. Walking around the regions, even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted, it was cool, it's a pity that they gave more Kanto episodes later, I think I even counted how many came out

Status
Not open for further replies.