• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the highlights of Journeys for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The highlights off Journeys?

How about this. I wanted a good 25 year annyversary and I compromised but we got Journeys, I wanted a good character and I compromised but instead we got Goh,

I wanted a good season for Team Rocket and I compromised and we got the Gatcha.

I wanted some character returns and I compromised and we got a less intelligent Dawn.

I wanted some good protagonist and I compromised and we got Ash at his boringest

I wanted good matches and I compromised and we only had Fighting, Dragon and Electric type matches and 1vs1.

I wanted a good final tournament and I compromised and we had a more breaks than episodes.

I wanted reserves to shine and I compromised and we got Shitcario and friends.

See where I'm going?

Has been a disaster since the begining my estimations of Pokemon Journeys as a season plummeted the moment episode 9 aired. Had his ups and downs, more downs but what a disgrace of a series this was.

What are we doing now should have been the final series. Get Misty,Brock and one big final rodeo for 3 years. And not that haunter and that wannabe girl that became and Eevee carrier. Can't even say their names.

And they realized it that this two and this series could not be the finale. That's why they got rid of them.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
One thing I would've liked to see was old companions meeting/interacting with each other. All we got was May and Serena in two stills, and now Misty/Brock-Cilan.

(Sorry for the bad video quality, it was the only video I found with just the clip)
Like, a scene like this is basically unheard of in Pokemon (though to be fair even in PR it's pretty rare, especially with the ever increasing numbers)

SatoSereFan224888

There weren’t any for me, other than Ash defeating Leon and becoming world champion.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
One thing I would've liked to see was old companions meeting/interacting with each other. All we got was May and Serena in two stills, and now Misty/Brock-Cilan.

(Sorry for the bad video quality, it was the only video I found with just the clip)
Like, a scene like this is basically unheard of in Pokemon (though to be fair even in PR it's pretty rare, especially with the ever increasing numbers)
also unrelated but it just hit me that this really was the last time JDF and ASJ were ever together on screen

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This series simultaneously had some of the anime's best and worst episodes. Overall it's far from my favorite series but it did give some great moments.
*All the DP love. Only natural the best series gets the most focus in Ash's final series. Seeing Paul, Dawn, Cynthia, Volkner, Flint, Infernape, and the various DP flashbacks were the highlights of this entire season. Not to mention the Arceus specials
*Sirfetch'd & Dracovish. They carried an otherwise boring team.
*Seeing the reserves again. Shame they didn't battle (aside from Mimey of all things lol)
*Most of the returns were handled pretty well. Special props to the Aether family's and the following episode.
*Some decent battles. Lot of flops like Ash vs Bea and the finales of Ash vs Volkner/Cynthia but besides that they were pretty good. While it didn't surpass Ash vs Paul and potentially vs Kukui, Ash vs Leon was the third best battle in the anime's history.
*Seeing lots of old and ignored characters like Drake, Erika, Wikstrom, Drasna, and Lisia get focus.
*I equally love and hate Ash becoming this unstoppable force with all 3 main gimmicks (at the time).
*Slowpoke line episodes were great

Veedramon

Dracovish destroying Iris' Dragonite with that Fishious Rend/Ice Fang combo, mere seconds after the latter brutalized Ash's was both funny and awesome

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
You really don't though, but are so sure that you do. Kinda funny tbh.

I don't even know who Scott is
If you truly weren't him then you wouldn't have gotten so defensive and probably would've not have thought anything of my original post. Editing your comments quickly isn't helping your case. Anyways don't really care about dragging this out further but you tried it. Literally didn't mention who was being discussed in the original post but you were quick to run a response to a vague post and remove all guilt

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
If there is nothing positive about the series then don't say anything here and go to the negativity thread instead.
Yep lots of people not reading in this thread
Then change the title to Say something positive about Journeys, cause highlights can be positive or negative.

I have to hear the lie that Goh is the best Ash companion when it was really clear in the last episode that it wasn't. A good companion is a character that brings the best of the other and Goh never did that and let's not talk about Chloe.

The only good thing Journeys had was when it ended.

Veedramon

If you truly weren't him then you wouldn't have gotten so defensive and probably would've not have thought anything of my original post. Editing your comments quickly isn't helping your case. Anyways don't really care about dragging this out further but you tried it. Literally didn't mention who was being discussed in the original post but you were quick to run a response to a vague post and remove all guilt
Sham, this paranoia on display isn't healthy.

I knew you were most likely referring to me, because your reply was a short time after mine, which was a while after the previous reply.
I wanted to just clarify what I though was a genuine misconception on your part, but it appears that you've made up your mind.

I admit that I've edited my reply. I added the worlds, "I don't even know who Scott is" afterwards, because I sometimes post things but forget to add something I wanted to include (much like you adding this after the fact):
Literally didn't mention who was being discussed in the original post but you were quick to run a response to a vague post and remove all guilt
I really don't know who Scott is, but based on this hostility, he must've had a profound affect on you, but I digress.

I don't want to derail your thread any further than it already has been, so I'll stop replying on this matter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.