• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the highlights of Journeys for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
What highlights? Aim to be a Pokemon Master does already do everything better than JN did.

I mean not to sound negatively and this is just my opinion, but at the end of the day Journeys is just really mediocre. Lots of good ideas,bad executions. Alot of bad management.

Though I gotta admit they did a good job making a final product when the plot is all over the place.

I will never see Chloe and Gou as companions like I did with OS-SM companions. They lacked something.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Zapdos breaking Goh’s poke ball when he tried to catch it

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pokemon Masters/the Trails franchise is basically what the Pokemon anime is afraid of doing regarding past characters.
I say this as someone who loves Pokemon Masters and love some of the few raw interactions they had, but trying to put it on such a high pedestal is ****ing hilarious bro when half of their storylines are bland as hell and hardly any varying personalities. Do you just rawdog everything related to the games and hiss at everything related to the anime? Istg

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's so ironic and sad seeing Scott go against his own morals and talking points to hide his identity. You hate to see it.
The real Scott would never hide his identity, he's really upfront about it

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
The last Pikachu vs Charizard in isolation is honestly the only good thing i can think of without caveats.

A few of the character returns are probably the only other that stands out.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
1. Lance Vs Leon -I always love a good zard victory
2. Ash and Serena Reunion - Pokemon's version of the katawaredoki scene
3. Pikachu Vs Charizard
4. Anything Iris
5. Lillie and Mohn episode - the first time where anipoke felt conclusive

Sham

The Guardian of War
4. Anything Iris
Excellent answer. Absolutely adored the Iris shill this series. Agreed with Lillie and Mohnn too
If there is nothing positive about the series then don't say anything here and go to the negativity thread instead.
Yes, I made a thread to specific focus on talking about that but how could I not expect this thread to derail into just being negative, super silly

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This series simultaneously had some of the anime's best and worst episodes. Overall it's far from my favorite series but it did give some great moments.
*All the DP love. Only natural the best series gets the most focus in Ash's final series. Seeing Paul, Dawn, Cynthia, Volkner, Flint, Infernape, and the various DP flashbacks were the highlights of this entire season. Not to mention the Arceus specials
*Sirfetch'd & Dracovish. They carried an otherwise boring team.
*Seeing the reserves again. Shame they didn't battle (aside from Mimey of all things lol)
*Most of the returns were handled pretty well. Special props to the Aether family's and the following episode.
*Some decent battles. Lot of flops like Ash vs Bea and the finales of Ash vs Volkner/Cynthia but besides that they were pretty good. While it didn't surpass Ash vs Paul and potentially vs Kukui, Ash vs Leon was the third best battle in the anime's history.
*Seeing lots of old and ignored characters like Drake, Erika, Wikstrom, Drasna, and Lisia get focus.
*I equally love and hate Ash becoming this unstoppable force with all 3 main gimmicks (at the time).
*Slowpoke line episodes were great
Kind of mention this with the reserves but the dream (?) sequence with Pikachu remembering all of Ash’s older Pokémon was amazing. They even included Solgaleo and Ambipom which made me happy but also mad (lifelong hatred of ping-pong). This definitely rivals Torracat and Infernape's final battles as my favorite moment in the entire anime.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Ash vs Iris (as a champion)
Ash vs Cynthia (the best battle of the tournament IMO)
Ash vs Leon and winning at that!
Ash catching Dragonair/Dragonite, Gengar. The team overall was a strong one.
Ash being a competent battler
Seeing several old companions
Traveling around all the old regions

Disappointments:

Instead of a rematch of Ash vs Volkner (who Ash already beat), it would have been so much better to see Ash beat Flint who he once couldn't even give damage to. This would have set us up to be ready/believe that Ash could potentially take down Steven, Cynthia, etc. It also would have been sweet revenge seeing perhaps Flint's Infernape with Blaze vs Pikachu's 10 million volts clash instead of seeing Pikachu fight yet another Electrivire. Instead of fighting Drasna, it could have been Flint. Instead of Volkner it could have been a gym leader Ash never fought before from the Black/White era (although we saw someone else take on gym leaders he didn't battle), or like an old rival he lost to during the pokemon league from Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn.

Ash vs Steven being 3 v 3 instead of 4 v 4 and not having it last two episodes.
Reserves not being incorporated into the battles. They could have had this similar to a pokemon league and had Ash take on old rivals first before facing the likes of Steven, Cynthia, Leon, etc. so that perhaps the reserves could have shined against people Ash once lost to and Ash could have saved this team specifically for the Champion matches. That way he only uses his new team for those final battles, but old powerful mons could take out rivals they once lost to. I.E. Charizard beating an old rival, Greninja beating Alain's Charizard (instead of it being Leon to demolish him lol), maybe all of the strongest 6 that we all love to say being used against Tobias and winning. Could have had 3 battles full of nothing but reserves. Not everyone would be used, perhaps some would be a fall guy, but still.

I still wish they took the time to have Ash visit all the old regions to take on the E4/Champions so each series could get a send off kind of, or since that would take too much time, have Ash fight one big threat from old regions and using those teams. A battle vs Giovanni for Ash's strongest 6 to take down some crazy threat.

BlueDragonfangirl

Nope, can’t think of any thing. Not even Ash catching fan service Pokemon from that should have been caught a deviate ago did it for me.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I like this early episode of Pokémon Journeys where we found out that Go is a shut in and Ashbis his only friend. I can’t seem to hate him when I feel pity for how much he was pretty disconnected from everything until Ash came along. It was simpler days in the beginning of Journeys.

I also loved Koharu’s episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.