• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the negative parts of Journeys for you?

BlueDragonfangirl

Goh was such a poorly received lead that the writers were like we aren’t just going to retire Ash, we’re also retiring Goh as well, and our next lead will be a girl. lol
Yah, sucks he took Ash down with him, guess the studio want to act like that series never happened.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I remember being afraid that XY's art style would look hideous on Iris' PWC attire and they'd mess up the hair or something since it's pretty dramatic but fast forwards JN's art style actually does it justice so now you'd think her hair would imply she has a certain Pokémon but instead we don't get the sixth confirmed and two episode of uselessnite dropping the ball.

Gingertail24

- Ash not getting a single Pokémon from that region, instead we got stuck with Pokémon he should have gotten years ago for the entire series with no interactions between them or on screen training.

- Goh catching Pokémon left and right and never using them.

oh just basically being the studios pet, being handed everything while Ash has to do the usual to earn his things such.

- No Ash / Team Rocket interactions, i always loved it when they’d team up such.

- How they treated Team Rocket, it’s even worse knowing this is is their final.

- No villain arc.

- Mewtwo’s return, that was messed up. Ash didn’t even talk about his encounters with him in the past and Mewtwo didn’t even acknowledge Ash. What was the point in brining him back? Horrible fan service of any kind.

- Ash’s battles being off screen in the first half of the series.

- A Legendary Pokémon being ok with Goh catching it just because, do you know how many legendary Pokémon Ash became friends with in the past yet wasn’t allowed to catch?

- Chloe just yah, Iris/Serena/Misty we‘re treated better than that, the one’s fans complained about yet at least they got to travel with Ash and actually battle and develop a friendship with Ash. At times I couldn’t tell if she hated him in the earlier half.
He got sirfetch and we had darkest day.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
-Sirfetchd losing to Hawlucha in Ash vs Bea part 2

-The Great class of PWC was handled terribly
Ash vs Drasna was terrible

-The way Goh caught Suicune

- The way TR were characterized in the Grookey episode

- Alain barely getting any screentime with Ash

- Mewtwo not saying something about reuniting with Ash

- The gatchat concept being executed terribly and Morpeko being the worst TR mon ever

- This is more unfortunate then negative but the production problems causing 4 recap episodes to be part of the series and resulting in poorer animation quality compared to XY and SM

- The cohesiveness of stringing the episodes together was lacking. As an individual episodes could be good but as a series they didn't mesh well

- Ash's mons not organically appearing more earlier in the series

- Leon vs Diantha was too flanderised

- Project Mew 's finale wasn't upto the mark

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Don't know where to express besides my own thread I guess but there is something unsettling knowing that Goh and Chloe were the last companions we'd see with Ash. I'm not saying they're terrible characters but both of their goals felt like fourth thoughts in comparison to Ash's PWC thing. So much so that you really could've had him travel alone this series and almost nothing significant would change.

Unforgivable

*Ash without using reserves
*non sense Powerscalling
*Dawn's horrible handling
*Goh robbing grookey
*Alain & Diantha disaster
*Paul out of Masters 8

very bad things

*Production and animation issues and breaks
*Goh catching a bunch of pokemon he'll never use
*Goh catching anything without fighting with them
*Grookey & Inteleon treatment
*Koharu doing nothing
*Goh catching Suicune
*Morpeko

Bad things

*Ash vs Korrina, Ash vs Iris, Ash vs Steven, Ash vs Drasna
*Goh's goal
*Project Mew
*Ash's team treatment

Neutral - a bit Bad

*Possible retcon contests
*No Cilan
*Clemont losing so easily

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Uuuh??? you putting this? dude I didn't know you thought it was negative :0

it's a mixed bag honestly to me.

on one hand I did want him to start mixing some of his reserves in with his Jn's team at least when he got into the ultra tier, since he pretty much steamrolled through the first two with only bea impeding him with what he had, so yeah it did feel disappointing.

But on the other hand...given how reserves have been in the past in terms of who gets used, and how they are handled...i wasn't sure it was a good idea either, because it's not just about the reserves returning but how they are used, cause when people talk about their fav reserve "coming" back, they are going to want it to defeat a powerful opponent in the most epic way possible, but that's asking for more than you'd probably get.

there's also the possiblilty that returning could only make you look worse then you were during your run which is sad, Swellow is an example of that.

you look back and hoenn/battle frontier, and taking everything that Pikachu could throw at it and would NOT back down in it's capture episode, evolved into a tank that was capable of taking hyper beams surprisingly well, 1 into a steel object on a battlefield after being tickled and having it's defense lowered, point blank no less, and was part of the thunder armor ordeal as well as securing wins in 2 battle facilities.

...then in the sinnoh league comes back, and gets one shot by Latios's luster purge. I don't care if it was a legendary, if Ash's pokemon are supposed to be "Training" at the lab, it should've taken more than that to go down since it should've been even tougher following the battle frontier....but it wasn't.

so overall it's a mixed bag but one that's enough to feel like a negative point to me.

Gingertail24

Honestly someone already said it I think, but it really does suck that the anime ended with yet another female companion that doesn't battle/rarely gets any action. Since the last time we truly had this was DP. ( Don't remember BW all that much)

ShuckFam

It was good overall.

I would have given Goh more screentime and had him catch some more legendaries. For Ash's goal, I feel like Lucario deserved more screentime...He is easily Ash's strongest Pokemon in history and he deserved more than beating Raihan and sweeping half of Cynthia's team. If the writers had true respect for him, he would have beat Charizard and at least two other members of his team.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
It was good overall.

I would have given Goh more screentime and had him catch some more legendaries. For Ash's goal, I feel like Lucario deserved more screentime...He is easily Ash's strongest Pokemon in history and he deserved more than beating Raihan and sweeping half of Cynthia's team. If the writers had true respect for him, he would have beat Charizard and at least two other members of his team.
You are in my top 5 favorite people on this site, but I doubt that matters much

SkyBlaze9125

The Master 8 weren’t full battles from the very start and we don’t know Lance Iris or Steven full team.

But if it does happen….
Leon would have swept Alain and Cynthia at best would have lost 3-4 Pokémon (to hide some of her mon for her fight with Ash)

At least we get to see more of Diantha mon because she get swept

And Steven v Ash going Full Battle

Oh

Normal: 1v1 or 2v2

Great Class: 2v2 Single or Douvble

Ultra: 2v2 Douvle or 3v3 Single

Master: Full Battle

The four biggest sins:
Having Ash and Serena’s reunion being only thirty seconds and deleting Amourshipping and the kiss
Deleting Ash-Greninja
Making Ash-Lucario have the bond phenomenon instead and have Greninja used to prop up Lucario
NO RESERVES
Also:
All of the battles sans Ash vs Leon were TRASH
Most of the fillers were horrible
Project Mew was a let down and Chloe’s arc was a disappointment
Serena not doing a contest battle at all
Wallace being a roadblock
Ash and Alain not battling with Ash Greninja getting revenge and instead making Alain Leon fodder
Ash vs Steven instead of Ash vs Lance
Ash using gimmicks to win
The Nuke beating Electivire

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
- The stretch between Goh’s capture of Scorbunny and Ash getting Dragonite

- The Rocket Prize Master

- Galar tending to get ignored

- Least impressive filler episodes can be a chore to sit through

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
There will be a bit of that, before the series I am positive about it, just like every other one, unfortunately I didn't like the series itself, that's why
1. The character Goh is very controversial, it's true that some people love him because he catches pokemons and does what every trainer who plays games does, after all, by completing the pokedex or making a perfect pokemon, you also get rid of unnecessary ones. However, Goh was often irritating with his ass, he caught without thinking, once he learned what to play selfishly in the second episode, which was a strong argument, a good example is the Arcticuno rally. The character didn't suit me at all
2. Legends or rather catching them, Suicune used to be majestic, something that was not right to be caught and now he is caught in a brutal way, the rest of the regi are the same. It's a bit sad, after all, legends have always been mysterious and invincible and only the evil ones wanted to get them, and such a Goh is bad
3 Chloe, her character was badly done, as soon as she got Eevee, she slightly grew apart, but that's it, you can guess where the initial dislike of Ash came from, but then she improved, but there was very little of her
4. Circus performers from one episode. I've never seen an episode so badly done. They only thought about themselves that they didn't even take the feelings of their pokemon which were more overwhelming than them, even the head of the circus said that they act like garbage and unfortunately they were. May we never experience an episode like this and Flareon and Jolteon would find better partners
5. Serena - For me her performance was something that shouldn't have a place, instead of giving her a worthy episode they put her where it was all about the contests and the fight and the Chloe plot, it was sad how they treated her in this episode, so what if they showed how she's a bit grown up, it's like quitting meat and saying, here you go now enjoy, sorry but I'm still waiting for a decent episode with her. Dawn and Iris got it
6 Pokemon Championship. Very bad finals. Not only that the Kalos were humiliated, they also shortened the fights, these are the world championships, not some league where every few years there is a different winner. Especially Leon's fights with Alain and Diantha were very ugly, you don't do that.
7 Recap. Now I know what Bleach fans felt watching the series on a regular basis. What they did was terrible, instead of developing PWC or Project Mew they gave us the worst choice possible
8. Lack of showing bonds and relationships with pokemons and characters, in previous installments it was visible, here it was not

5. Serena - For me her performance was something that shouldn't have a place, instead of giving her a worthy episode they put her where it was all about the contests and the fight and the Chloe plot, it was sad how they treated her in this episode, so what if they showed how she's a bit grown up, it's like quitting meat and saying, here you go now enjoy, sorry but I'm still waiting for a decent episode with her. Dawn and Iris got it
She should have gotten a longer reunion with Ash. The worst thing about her episode.

Trey pokes

Just one: how late everyone's goals came to fruition. Usually the they're established within the 1st couple of episodes, but JN said nah we'll wait a long while especially for Goh and Chloe. I still think they hot they're comeuppance at the end so it wasn't completely a waste.