• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the negative parts of Journeys for you?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The Master 8 weren’t full battles from the very start and we don’t know Lance Iris or Steven full team.

But if it does happen….
Leon would have swept Alain and Cynthia at best would have lost 3-4 Pokémon (to hide some of her mon for her fight with Ash)

At least we get to see more of Diantha mon because she get swept

And Steven v Ash going Full Battle

Oh

Normal: 1v1 or 2v2

Great Class: 2v2 Single or Douvble

Ultra: 2v2 Douvle or 3v3 Single

Master: Full Battle
to be fair even with better production there was no way we were getting 7 6v6 fights (though I guess they could've done it if they went the Leon vs Diantha slideshow route for the non-Ash QF matches)

Kameinu

Arooo!
The same as every series except dialed to 11.
Bad planning of everything. So much time wasted at the beginning. If the initial objective wasn’t for it to become this 25 year celebration with cameos, then why the hell was Galar given pathetic screen time? We barely met half the character roster from those games.

Then when they did decide on the returning characters…everything could’ve been planned so much better.

And the M8, don’t get me started in that. Animation struggles or not, most of that tournament is unforgivable with the last part of the Leon battle being the saving grace.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
The same as every series except dialed to 11.
Bad planning of everything. So much time wasted at the beginning. If the initial objective wasn’t for it to become this 25 year celebration with cameos, then why the hell was Galar given pathetic screen time? We barely met half the character roster from those games.
I think including the DLC, less than half of Galar's characters made an appearance in the anime

PokemonBattleFanatic-

JN team is the most bland I have seen and a mess type-wise
No reserves and even worse they were demoted to a cheerleading squad
Paul's reason for not joining the PWC is not convincing in the slightest. We never learned if he even beat Brandon
PWC is a disgrace of a World Championship the way it was presented
  • Paul not mentioning about his battle with Brandon or not joining the competition Ash has been. I remember a clip of Cynthia in DP saying Ash and Paul would both compete at a league again one of these days.
  • Trip, Tyson(Hoenn), Morrison, and Ritchie not returning.
Powerscaling
The Master 8 weren’t full battles from the very start and we don’t know Lance Iris or Steven full team.

ShuckFam

The baiting.

Serena's return was hyped up and Ash didn't spend any real time with her. Greninja's return was well-anticipated and we didn't get to see his Ash Greninja form. Sabrina was heavily hinted as an Ultra class opponent and it never happened.

The worst for me was the writers going out of their way to show that Infernape had outgrown Oak's ranch and was desperate to fight stronger opponents. The PWC sounded like the perfect opportunity for that but nope, sorry monkey with abandonment issues. The biggest troll was the Ash from a parallel universe having Infernape as an ace...

Serena's return was hyped up and Ash didn't spend any real time with her. Greninja's return was well-anticipated and we didn't get to see his Ash Greninja form.
Based Shuck alert? You are 100 percent right even if you are a big Pokeshipper

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I have been watching some episodes of Journeys again these days and I didn'd even remember that some of them even existed.

The Golurk episode
The Ginkana episode
The Pidove episode
The Feebas episode
The Heracross episode
The Aerodactyl episode
The Zapdos episode

And so on...

It ws so uneventfull all of it.

Sorry to Goh and Chloe fans but them not being Ash last companions is the right call.

They were disapointing. So disapointing.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
-Chloe being a waste of screen time
-Absolutely no development for Eevee & the group’s time was just wasted going to see other eeveelutions
-honestly, it wouldn’t have made any difference if Eevee stayed with those scientists
-And poor Yamper got shafted for more Eevee like Sandy wasn’t bad enough
-Like, why DIDN’T Sandy become a Vaporeon in JN? It’s not like it’s needed for LG promotion anymore
-Pokemon being attracted to Chole just cuz
-Dawn’s more useless cameo than BW’s. Not a Pokemon besides bratlup appeared from her
-Pikachu & Ash fight episode
-Ash given cheep win in WCS vs Leon
-Ash only one allowed by writers to have all three gimmicks obtained
-How Goh can catch most Pokémon effortlessly
-Most of Goh’s Pokemon being irrelevant after capture besides Cinderace, Intellon, & Grookie
-Grookie fearing/disliking TRio for no reason (no other gacha Pokemon acts like Grookie)
-Grookie being attached to Goh just cause
-Why is it that the annoying Grookie never evolved even once? I guess Goh doesn’t want to complete his Pokedex
-JN made me hate the slowpoke line
-Gacha machine making it so TRio don’t really have any Pokémon that have personality or bond with
-Goh not having rivals till last two Project Mew missions
-No Bede
-Hop only appearing at the end & looks like they just made him some starter trainer & so Goh won’t be alone cheering for Ash

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Forgive me if I'm wrong, as I haven't watched all of JN episodes, but from what I've read it seems as if Project Mew was...basically pointless because Goh didn't end up catching Mew after all.

Then again, I'm not really a big fan of Goh's goal for this show. I mean, I get it...Pokemon Go and all, but I believe that 'catching them all' as a goal in this show just doesn't work. Think about all the previous captures before. A majority of catches weren't as fast or as easy as Goh's catches were. So they decided to allow Goh to catch a lot of Pokemon with hardly any issues. It just doesn't feel right to me.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Goh catching a bunch of really strong pokemon or easily, that a beginning trainer that barely trains like him has any business catching one's like Darmanitan or that giant Golurk so damn early, especially since Goh barely contributed to the latter fight. And then there's him catching legendaries, he had no business catching Suicune, especially someone who just started their damn trainer career. Frankly beating those hunters, and freeing it by hand would have been better writing, but hey Goh has to get what he wants even though he doesn't deserve it. Same with Regieleki.

Also why the hell did they think it was a good idea to have Ash and his other Pokemon (other than Pikachu) take a backseat to develop/experiment with Goh as a secondary protagonist and advertise that problematic mobile app (which failed btw), especially since they were just gonna move on to new protags, now where starting from zero, with a lot of unused and wasted potential for Ash now.

The fact that this garbage season is Ash's last season. Really, they thought the season was the one to end his Journey, where 90% of the attention of those in charge was spent on Goh, or those crappy slapstick episodes.

Finally I hated the prize machine, part of Trio's charm was their relationship with their pokemon that they caught
minor or debatable problems:

Ash not catching anything new after Dracovish (That was 86 episodes ago btw)
Ash having multiples of the same type, If they're gonna restrict Ash to just using just thevfive he catches, plus Pikachu, give him more variety in types, and on top of that not just speedy attackers either.

Even though they didn't get the development they needed, it still got boring and stagnant really fast seeing Ash the same team for 86 episodes. I also think he should have used reserves as well as new additions, especially since that means some of his unevolved pokemon could have finally evolved, like his corphish, or the majority of his Unova Pokemon. Heck the writers could have made it so that he could have had all three Hisuian starters.

That and he didn't get more Galar rep either, especially since this was gen 8 for goodness sakes, and a lot. Either Sobble or Grookey should have gone too Ash, hell maybe both at this point considering how poorly they were handled under Goh.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Seeing the boring sm characters again, seeing a half naked man, Goh winning everything without any effort, Koharu becoming an Eevee puppet, using elevator background music instead the game music, the fugly artstyle, gen one pandering

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gou's goals, both his desire to capture Mew and capture many Pokemon in general. He achieved neither goal, and while I actually thought that his desire to capture every Pokemon started out well, the writers dropped the ball quite fast by reducing his captures as the series progressed: I would've loved to have seen him go on more type-specific capture sprees.

Gingertail24

Gou's goals, both his desire to capture Mew and capture many Pokemon in general. He achieved neither goal, and while I actually thought that his desire to capture every Pokemon started out well, the writers dropped the ball quite fast by reducing his captures as the series progressed: I would've loved to have seen him go on more type-specific capture sprees.
Project mew is fine, just fix the execution. Actually have the missions relate to mew, don't throw away the Regis plotline you set up, have actually interesting characters in it than Mr and Mrs, exposition dump who we STILL don't know anything about, don't introduce it late, etc

-Grookie fearing/disliking TRio for no reason (no other gacha Pokemon acts like Grookie)
I can't argue with that. No serious Gacha Pokemon would act like that but like why don't Grookey be evil this time?

My Negative part On other hand, I wished that Journeys could be more Like an "Pokémon The Series: Sword and Shield", once it is over, it moves on to Pokémon The Series: Scarlet and Violet with Ash Ketchum becoming an Pokémon Master in Scarlet and Violet anime.

There's nothing more for me to add it.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Nonono Pokemon Go does numbers, but it was a bad idea to advertise it this season, it did not work
Did Go even help with GO's numbers? Any meaningful effect? It's probably hard to judge considering covid and needing to go out and all, though, I think you can just spoof addresses?
Maybe someone more in the know of GO can go check the numbers or something. I'd like to say something like "I don't know a single person who said that they started to play Pokemon GO because of Go" or something like that but I really really have zero idea about anything about that game.