• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the negative parts of Journeys for you?

GGuitarGuy95

Paul's reason for not joining the PWC is not convincing in the slightest. We never learned if he even beat Brandon

Paul being a gym leader would honestly good character development IF he beated Brandon. Imo, Paul ultimate goal was not to be the greatest trainer, but to defeat Brandon.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Did Go even help with GO's numbers? Any meaningful effect? It's probably hard to judge considering covid and needing to go out and all, though, I think you can just spoof addresses?
Maybe someone more in the know of GO can go check the numbers or something. I'd like to say something like "I don't know a single person who said that they started to play Pokemon GO because of Go" or something like that but I really really have zero idea about anything about that game.
Nah he didn't. All he did was waste time and be treated like writers pet

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Gou's goals, both his desire to capture Mew and capture many Pokemon in general. He achieved neither goal, and while I actually thought that his desire to capture every Pokemon started out well, the writers dropped the ball quite fast by reducing his captures as the series progressed: I would've loved to have seen him go on more type-specific capture sprees.
I personally hated Go’s goal of trying to capture everything and the capture sprees as it reduced the vast majority of those Pokémon to just being background fodder that are essentially just a box to be checked, not really giving much of a reason to care about their existence. For me, while that’s alright for a recurring character since we don’t follow them full time, it’s a cardinal sin for a main character. If anything, them turning down the dial on the captures in the later half of the series was a good thing since catching them all just isn’t practical for the anime to do and quite often reduced Go to a one trick pony to the point that quite often chucking a ball was his first course of action which wasn’t all that compelling to watch.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
MPM is the most negative part about this series. What a lackluster end to Ash & having watched it since I was 5-6 back in 1997.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
The fact that this was Ash's last season, but most of the time he was either taking a backseat so the people in charge could focus on Goh and experiment with the new protag angle. On top of that, a lot of episodes slots on really dumb, unimportant slapstick episodes that didn't matter at all, like who cares about an episode blue pokemon or why should we give a crap about about that lab assistance guy's magnimite? But Ash's PWC gets put into offscreen land?

Goh catching a bunch of really strong pokemon so easily. That a beginning trainer that barely trains like him has any business catching fully evolved pokemon and Legendaries is sickening, and makes him come off as a complete writers pet where 90% of the world around him has to bend its rules to cater to and reward him, despite not earning it.

Ash having multiples of the same type, If they're gonna restrict Ash to just using just the five he catches, give him more variety in types, and on top of that not just speedy attackers either, he should be skilled enough to be able to train more tankier pokemon. I really feel like they didn't put any actual thought into his team and kinda slapped it together to be done with it.

Ash not catching anything new after Dracovish (That was 86 episodes ago btw) and even though the five he caught didn't get the development they needed, thats just a whole different problem that I'll bring up next, but it still got boring and stagnant really fast seeing Ash the same team for 86 episodes, JN wasn't even half over by the time they filled out his team. Or at the very least him use and Evolve some of his reserves along along with the 5 catches he was locked into. I Also feel like the repeating types were an excuse to not give Ash more varied opponents, Like we saw him fight three dragon type experts, two electric type experts, and have three fights with Bea. And for god sakes there were three Dragonite users in the M8.

Now onto Ash's team. the Pokemon that are supposed to be the important ones in the show. Outside of the few short onscreen battles we see them in, the Pokemon on Ash's team barely got an any onscreen development.You know how a lot of people were saying Lucario would be the screen hog pokemon, but we only really see him used in battles. Instead most of the time, Ash only brought Pikachu, and this ties back into my complaint about being too much dumb and unimportant episodes, remember that really unnecessary episode where Pikachu got upset because Ash was trying to train Riolu, well apparently they tripled down sentiment by A. making it so that Ash pretty much forgot his other Pokemon in the non-PWC episode and B.) dedicating episode time to Pokemon that don't matter, like did we really need an episode about one of Goh 5 Floettes? Am I supposed to care about some random ass Psyduck he caught? You could also argue most Chloes Eevee episodes are similarly guilty of waisting (I thought the water race episode was pretty fun since Dracovish got to join in)

That and he didn't get more Galar or any Hisui rep either, especially since there a ton of pokemon released in Gen 8 that would have been amazing under his ownership, including the other two Galar starters, both of which would have been better under Ash's care. Sobble because instead of moping around getting two unearned evolutions, Ash would have been able to instill courage in it, working hard to earn its way to Intellion, and Grookey could have channeled all that rambunctious energy into battling, instead of being a brat.

Speaking of Galar, holy crap did it get shafted! More than half of JN was a took place in Kanto, which makes suspect gen one pandering. There's also the fact that a number of original game characters didn't make an appearance in the show.

MaMcMu

The fact that this was Ash's last season, but most of the time he was either taking a backseat so the people in charge could focus on Goh and experiment with the new protag angle. On top of that, a lot of episodes slots on really dumb, unimportant slapstick episodes that didn't matter at all, like who cares about an episode blue pokemon or why should we give a crap about about that lab assistance guy's magnimite? But Ash's PWC gets put into offscreen land?

Goh catching a bunch of really strong pokemon so easily. That a beginning trainer that barely trains like him has any business catching fully evolved pokemon and Legendaries is sickening, and makes him come off as a complete writers pet where 90% of the world around him has to bend its rules to cater to and reward him, despite not earning it.

Ash having multiples of the same type, If they're gonna restrict Ash to just using just the five he catches, give him more variety in types, and on top of that not just speedy attackers either, he should be skilled enough to be able to train more tankier pokemon. I really feel like they didn't put any actual thought into his team and kinda slapped it together to be done with it.

Ash not catching anything new after Dracovish (That was 86 episodes ago btw) and even though the five he caught didn't get the development they needed, thats just a whole different problem that I'll bring up next, but it still got boring and stagnant really fast seeing Ash the same team for 86 episodes, JN wasn't even half over by the time they filled out his team. Or at the very least him use and Evolve some of his reserves along along with the 5 catches he was locked into. I Also feel like the repeating types were an excuse to not give Ash more varied opponents, Like we saw him fight three dragon type experts, two electric type experts, and have three fights with Bea. And for god sakes there were three Dragonite users in the M8.

Now onto Ash's team. the Pokemon that are supposed to be the important ones in the show. Outside of the few short onscreen battles we see them in, the Pokemon on Ash's team barely got an any onscreen development.You know how a lot of people were saying Lucario would be the screen hog pokemon, but we only really see him used in battles. Instead most of the time, Ash only brought Pikachu, and this ties back into my complaint about being too much dumb and unimportant episodes, remember that really unnecessary episode where Pikachu got upset because Ash was trying to train Riolu, well apparently they tripled down sentiment by A. making it so that Ash pretty much forgot his other Pokemon in the non-PWC episode and B.) dedicating episode time to Pokemon that don't matter, like did we really need an episode about one of Goh 5 Floettes? Am I supposed to care about some random ass Psyduck he caught? You could also argue most Chloes Eevee episodes are similarly guilty of waisting (I thought the water race episode was pretty fun since Dracovish got to join in)

That and he didn't get more Galar or any Hisui rep either, especially since there a ton of pokemon released in Gen 8 that would have been amazing under his ownership, including the other two Galar starters, both of which would have been better under Ash's care. Sobble because instead of moping around getting two unearned evolutions, Ash would have been able to instill courage in it, working hard to earn its way to Intellion, and Grookey could have channeled all that rambunctious energy into battling, instead of being a brat.

Speaking of Galar, holy crap did it get shafted! More than half of JN was a took place in Kanto, which makes suspect gen one pandering. There's also the fact that a number of original game characters didn't make an appearance in the show.
Blame the nostalgia. Kanto is overrated beyond all reason.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Whoever keeps saying Goh was the writers pet even when the dude got one of the most shafted conclusions to his character goal clearly didn't watch Journeys
That's the best part: his shafted conclusion is apparently supposed to be a way to justify all his insane critical captures. He fails at getting Mew but still managed to gather so many Pokemon - and two lesser legendaries - that would make OS Gary blush. Goh has the least reasons to feel like he failed too much, which is why seeing him complaining afterwards about anything else comes across as too forced.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

That's the best part: his shafted conclusion is apparently supposed to be a way to justify all his insane critical captures. He fails at getting Mew but still managed to gather so many Pokemon - and two lesser legendaries - that would make OS Gary blush.
Gary captured more Pokémon in 65 episodes than Goh in 136. Furthermore has a significantly bigger percentage of Pokemon captured than Goh considering the differences in species discovered during their respective series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Gary captured more Pokémon in 65 episodes than Goh in 136.
Tossing a ball at 'em the moment he laid eyes on 'em and Goh-ing "mine!"?

My head canon is Goh could have gotten way more if he wasn't distracted with his sudden bestie in the whole wide rude world.

Though, yeah, Gary put in the effort (allegedly), while Goh...didn't. I'm not sure if Gary or Goh is better about catching Pokemon in the end.

...Wait, I actually don't remember how many Gary got.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Tossing a ball at 'em the moment he laid eyes on 'em and Goh-ing "mine!"?

My head canon is Goh could have gotten way more if he wasn't distracted with his sudden bestie in the whole wide rude world.

Though, yeah, Gary put in the effort (allegedly), while Goh...didn't. I'm not sure if Gary or Goh is better about catching Pokemon in the end.

...Wait, I actually don't remember how many Gary got.
More than 200 Pokémon

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Mainly about Ash's team, PWC itself, Chloe arc and Galar dex.

Firstly i was excited about Ash will represent Kanto region in PWC because he has only Kanto team 2.0 before Riolu appeared.... I wanted he would catch something new from old gen 1 and let for Goh catch on Galar mons for filling dex but that was very messy, bruh.

Goh catching all Galar dex even without battle would be very enjoyable instead catching more old gen mons, right?....
Because we would watch all debuted Galar dex, include legendaries too.
If he catch some old powerfull pokemon, this can easily enrage fans because some of them are fans favorites and their dream was that Ash would caught them.

Ash keeping new Kanto team 2.0 at whole series would very suitable his end of journey after 25 years. Started journey with Kanto mons with ended up with another new Kanto.

For example:
- Pikachu
- Mr. Mime
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Ditto
- Rhydon

That would be very perfect and very enjoyable than mixed team with Lucario and two galar mons.

Chloe arc - i thought she gonna become new protagonist because arc was about her beginning of journey and suddenly lastly became most useless pokegirl ever. Doing NOTHING. Imagine her arc about Eeveelutions she would catch 8 all and train them, learn about them more - that would be PERFECT ROAD WAY TO BECOMING PROFESSOR.

PWC itself was less enjoyable - less Galar characters or more OLD characters....
Didn't better put all Galar gym leaders in PWC and Ash can fight them all mixed with famous old gym leaders, E4, champions?? Srsly writers were useless... See for example better chronology order of his battles:

Normal rank:
1. Lt. Surge (why Visquez.... lmao)
2. Milo
3. Samurai bug catcher
4. Giselle
5. Korrina (semifinal in festival)
6. Final Normal class - vs. Nessa

Super Class Rank:
7. Kabu (Ash lose)
8. Kabu (rematch - win)
9. gym leader Norman
10. Ritchie
11. gym leader Fantina
12. Final Super Class - vs Bea

Ultra Class Rank:
13. Bede as gym leader
14. Sabrina
15. E4 Drake
16. Paul
17. Final Ultra Class - vs Georgy (that was his name rock type Galar gym leader? I forgot lmao)

M8 Tournament:

Round 1:
Ash vs Piers
Diantha vs Raihan
Cynthia vs Alain
Leon vs Lance

Semifinal:
Ash vs Raihan
Cynthia vs Leon

Final Ash vs Leon

This can't be... All 8 gym leaders at PWC?? For writers was impossible, yeah.... Bruh.

Pokeshipper_

Giving to Galar no spotlight firstly and secondly making Dawn a cheerleader and nothing more during her returns.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Giving to Galar no spotlight firstly and secondly making Dawn a cheerleader and nothing more during her returns.
She would have been cheerleader at almost every PWC Ash's battles, just make her return as main Ash's companion, not temporary Piplup taxi driver.

During Darkrai & Cresselia i saw them all 4 were more active and was was really good.

Pokeshipper_

She would have been cheerleader at almost every PWC Ash's battles, just make her return as main Ash's companion, not temporary Piplup taxi driver.

During Darkrai & Cresselia i saw them all 4 were more active and was was really good.
I mean, in that serie, writers loved taxi... Piplup taxi driver, Eevee taxi driver, Grookey taxi driver, Morpeko taxi driver...