• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What were the reasons you wanted to see the TR vs TP two-parter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah, this is another thread on the infamous episodes.

Out of curiosity, and putting aside any generic answers that you simply just wanted to watch the episodes, what were the reasons you did want to watch them?

For me:

1. Looker returned. At the time people argued about BW being a reboot, this would have confirmed otherwise right there and then. It's a shame we had no other character return until BW2/BW87. This made BW feel a lot different and disappointing in my opinion. Barely any references were made, Looker would have settled that.
2. Team Plasma were finally appearing.
3. Giovanni was marking his first major role returning in the Anime since Mewtwo Returns in Johto, it also marked Ash potentially meeting him again properly this time however.
4. Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was taking place, this was the first rivalry we'd seen between Villainous Teams which is sure to have been entertaining with Ash and Co. caught inbetween.
5. The Meteonites Mystery was finally going to be reveiled, which looked extremely interesting. Personally, I always got a vibe that Genesect (and potentially Mewtwo) could have been related to it.
6. Pikachu's powered up Quick Attack looked awesome, an explanation to such power would have been cool.
7. Krokorok was returning again. Krokorok was awesome at the time (still is now). It's just a shame he didn't return until BW067. It was a long wait just for him to be captured. It took away the feeling of him being a reccuring Pokemon.

Last but not least:

8. The episodes storyline in general looked amazing. The build-up from BW001 was finally going to be concluded in an epic way. The animation looked incredible and different for whatever reason and i couldn't wait to watch them.

For starters looker. He's one of my favourite characters so any appearance is fantastic. I was really looking forward to the possibility of him locking horns with Giovanni. Combine that with the fact that plasma is my favourite villainous team, with TR (Trio aside) in close second so then facing off was something else that held my interest.

Plus everything we saw about the eps made it look freaking amazing

LizardonX

Banned
It had action involving more than just random cute pokemon.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
The reason I wanted to see them was because of the story. Team Rocket had become such a serious threat now after so long. Giovanni was finally back and making an actual appearance in person. The Metonite story was getting interesting to the point I thought it contained something linked to Zekrom/Reshiram. The scenes we saw of the conflict with both teams seemed so fresh: First we had 2 teams in conflict that wasnt in the games or manga. Then the mascarade party felt like something out of a film followed by that Plasma helicopter attack which all felt like new ground for this anime.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
At the time people argued about BW being a reboot

Which was a stupid claim to start with.

it also marked Ash potentially meeting him again properly this time however.

Actually, there was never any indication Ash met Giovanni in this two-parter. The only ones confirmed to be in a room with him were Looker, Juniper, and Cilan.

Team Rocket vs Team Plasma was taking place, this was the first rivalry we'd seen between Villainous Teams which is sure to have been entertaining with Ash and Co. caught inbetween.

What about Team Aqua vs. Team Magma? Oh right, you said the first rivalry which would be entertaining. OK, I understand now. :p

The episodes storyline in general looked amazing. The build-up from BW001 was finally going to be concluded in an epic way. The animation looked incredible and different for whatever reason and i couldn't wait to watch them.

That's the reason I still want to see them, retconned in placement or not.

Rohanator

Right now the main reason for me to want to see them is a possible explanation for all of the weird stuff that went down after them. TRio's white uniforms, Giovanni's absence till Operation Tempest, disappearance of Pierce and absence of Plasma until Episode N.

Overall though they would've most likely just been really entertaining episodes to watch, which is the main thing that matters.

Haunter ゴースト

Which was a stupid claim to start with.

Agreed. I remember repeating the facts countless times on why it wasn't a reboot. Looker returning would have saved me them posts.

Actually, there was never any indication Ash met Giovanni in this two-parter. The only ones confirmed to be in a room with him were Looker, Juniper, and Cilan.

I know there was never any indication. But what i meant is it would be the second proper plot where Ash and Giovanni would ever be involved in the same episode since Mewtwo Returns (which was the first time with a 5 second meeting). I think it's guaranteed they would have met at least once. Since these events didn't happen Meloetta and the Undersea Temple took the title of them meeting.

What about Team Aqua vs. Team Magma? Oh right, you said the first rivalry which would be entertaining. OK, I understand now. :p

Oops, completely blanked that. Yeah good save, i meant entertaining haha (joke it was quite good).

That's the reason I still want to see them, retconned in placement or not.

I just want to see them.

I'm not bothered whether they are counted as canon or not. Like i said in the other thread, i'll act as if they did happen and remove the edits/retcons in the other episodes.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Agreed. I remember repeating the facts countless times on why it wasn't a reboot. Looker returning would have saved me them posts.

I'd say the appearance of Matori (Giovanni's secretary) in the last episode of DP already showed BW wasn't a reboot.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The return of Looker
BW1 Team Plasma appearing
The apparent rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Plasma.
The story build up from the past episodes.
The story plot and action that was going to take place.
Also I hoped for an appearance from the BW1 version of N.
It was very disappointing that these 2 episodes didn't air.

rivalry between Team Rocket and Team Plasma.
Team Plasma (they are one of my favorite teams)
TRio's team up
Ghetsis (if he were to appear)

RocketToTheMoon

1. The epic-looking, lazer-filled showdown between TR and TP
2. A really interesting plot
3. The reappearance of several important characters (Gio, Looker, etc)
4. Team Plasma finally shows up.

nuzamaki90

Well for starters, it would've marked the first time I thought TR was badass since I first saw them in their debut episode. I mean Jesse used a cannon that could've destroyed Castelia City, like that's epic.

Plus, if those episodes would have aired, I'm sure we would have gotten N and Ghetsis (BW) moments a lot earlier, which could have been great for Best Wishes' overall story.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Because it looked amazing. Seriously, it's not often that we have a good villain plot within the first 25 episodes of a saga, and this two-parter looked like it was only beginning the Rocket/Plasma feud.

Haunter ゴースト

Plus, if those episodes would have aired, I'm sure we would have gotten N and Ghetsis (BW) moments a lot earlier, which could have been great for Best Wishes' overall story.

I agree. I know people claim things wouldn't be any different, but it really seems like stuff was lacking from BW1, and characters such as N and Ghetis not even having a minor role might have been why.

^ yeah I would have liked to see the BW1 Plasma story should they work it in. but maybe they are combining them together. Not sure.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Mainly because it looked epic. Also, because I wanted to see Team Plasma in the anime.

RVD_fan

The story in Black and White 2 was probably my favorite Pokemon game story ever, but it is very much predicated on the events of Black and White. Trying to have Team Neo Plasma come in right away without laying out the groundwork for Team Plasma's agenda takes away from what makes them unique.

It's less of a problem now that we know how short the arc is going to be, but it still would've been good to establish some backstory.

Haunter ゴースト

The story in Black and White 2 was probably my favorite Pokemon game story ever, but it is very much predicated on the events of Black and White. Trying to have Team Neo Plasma come in right away without laying out the groundwork for Team Plasma's agenda takes away from what makes them unique.

It's less of a problem now that we know how short the arc is going to be, but it still would've been good to establish some backstory.

Agreed.

It should be noted how Neo-Team Plasma are simply called Team Plasma in Episode N Episode 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.