• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will Ash and Go do in Kalos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

Sidagam

One things is for sure, they won’t meet up with Serena, Clemont, & Bonnie. I think Gou will try to catch any many Pokemon there as he can.

How is that "for sure"?. If anything, having Korrina reappearing makes it much more likely we will see the others again now. Also the Prism tower is in the original Pokemon 2019 poster, where the Lumiose Gym is, where Clemont is currently Gym Leader. So it seems more likely than "they won't"

SatoSereFan224888

How is that "for sure"?. If anything, having Korrina reappearing makes it much more likely we will see the others again now. Also the Prism tower is in the original Pokemon 2019 poster, where the Lumiose Gym is, where Clemont is currently Gym Leader. So it seems more likely than "they won't"
I don’t know. Seems like they’re retconning characters like Serena, Clemont, & Bonnie. If Clemont does return, it won’t be the same Clemont from XYZ.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
I don’t know. Seems like they’re retconning characters like Serena, Clemont, & Bonnie. If Clemont does return, it won’t be the same Clemont from XYZ.

I'm not sure why the previous cast members would be retconned. I think it's likely that none of them will show up in Kalos, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist anymore or that they've been replaced by alternate versions of themselves.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I have a few questions. Let's start out with ones that haven't already been asked.

Why would they retcon these three specific characters? What storytelling potentially could be gained from doing so?

D

Deleted member 384931

Image how Gou reacts if he knows that Ash participated in the Kalos League

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Image how Gou reacts if he knows that Ash participated in the Kalos League

I'm not sure that Satoshi would bring it up unless he takes a trip down memory lane when he visits Miare City and explains to Gou everything that happened there in XY&Z. Even then, I don't think Gou would care enough to react in a significant way.

Mew29240

I'm not sure that Satoshi would bring it up unless he takes a trip down memory lane when he visits Miare City and explains to Gou everything that happened there in XY&Z. Even then, I don't think Gou would care enough to react in a significant way.

I think the only way it would be brought up if there were people in Lumiose City that either recognized Ash from being in the league or saw him involved in stopping what happened afterwards.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think Gou would go more bonkers over the fact that Ash a Greninja that had a unique transformation than anything else.

Oh, and Gou being super bummed knowing he can't meet it.

Or cant catch it

Mew29240

Or cant catch it

Ah yes, that's probably the best way to reintroducing it!

Gou hears rumors of an nearly unbeatable Greninja roaming around the the outskirts of Lumiose City and immediately sets out to investigate, dragging Ash along for the ride (and not listening to Ash's ramblings about "is that him?"). Upon their arrival to Lumiose City, Gou hears it's close by and he rushes out ahead of Ash, wanting to catch it first before he gets a chance and encounters on the outskirts of the city! All he needs is one good throw! Aaaaand, GO!

As the ball flies towards Greninja, it slices it in half with a well-timed Cut. Frustrated, Gou throws more and more balls, each of them cut down like the last, until he's down to his last one. Gou only has one more throw, and as if teasing him, Greninja allows it to make contact...only for Gou to find out it had a trainer all along! (Turns out none of the previous trainers tried chucking a ball at it before...)

Shook beyond belief, Gou falls to the ground on his knees as Greninja prepares to leave...until it senses a familiar presence. Curious as to why Greninja hasn't left yet, Gou looks up as he notices Ash and Pikachu finally catching up to him.

Gou sees Ash and the Greninja lock eyes with each other. Gou was about to warn him that the Greninja had a trainer already until he was stopped by Pikachu's unexpected squeal as it rushes towards the Greninja as if it was an old friend.

Ash and Greninja bring their right fists together in sync as Greninja suddenly became enveloped in a veil of water right before his eyes! Gou had never seen such a transformation before! When the water receded, he was met with the sight of a large shuriken upon the Greninja's back, who now shares a striking resemblance to the trainer in front of it.

Ash and Greninja slowly turn to Gou at the exact same time. Ash says, "Gou! Meet Greninja!"

Gou.exe has stopped working.

(sorry for the big wall. I kinda needed to get in a writing mood today)

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

You're gonna have to explain more because I dunno why they'd do that. The Chespin that was seen on merch a week ago might not be Clemont's, but that doesn't mean that he'll be 'retconned.'

Mew29240

How so? Korrina directly speaks to Ash and he wants Korrina's Lucario to go all out, implying he knows about its Mega Evolution. If that doesn't shows continuity, I don't know what does. They won't have one character recognize Ash and not the other(s).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
I think the only way it would be brought up if there were people in Lumiose City that either recognized Ash from being in the league or saw him involved in stopping what happened afterwards.

That's possible, although I still think that Gou would probably not care too much about Satoshi's past achievements in Kalos. He seems like the kind of person who's only mildly impressed by things unless they benefit him, and I think he'll be so busy trying to capture Kalos Pokemon when he visits the region that he'll barely be interested in Satoshi's past exploits there.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
That's possible, although I still think that Gou would probably not care too much about Satoshi's past achievements in Kalos. He seems like the kind of person who's only mildly impressed by things unless they benefit him, and I think he'll be so busy trying to capture Kalos Pokemon when he visits the region that he'll barely be interested in Satoshi's past exploits there.
Go seems like he would be interested in what Satoshi has done. He usually seems amazed when Satoshi does something, and in episode 18, he asked him if he had the Vermilion Gym badge.

SatoSereFan224888

I have a few questions. Let's start out with ones that haven't already been asked.

Why would they retcon these three specific characters? What storytelling potentially could be gained from doing so?
I feel like the writers want us to forget certain companions and I feel the XY gang might be some. Also I feel the current Ash isn't the same as XYZ Ash. I have felt that Alola and the 2019 anime take place in a different universe than XYZ.

SatoSereFan224888

How so? Korrina directly speaks to Ash and he wants Korrina's Lucario to go all out, implying he knows about its Mega Evolution. If that doesn't shows continuity, I don't know what does. They won't have one character recognize Ash and not the other(s).
Probably because of Ash learning about it in Alola.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I feel like the writers want us to forget certain companions and I feel the XY gang might be some. Also I feel the current Ash isn't the same as XYZ Ash. I have felt that Alola and the 2019 anime take place in a different universe than XYZ.
They don’t.