• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will Ash and Go do in Kalos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 384931

Ah yes, that's probably the best way to reintroducing it!

Gou hears rumors of an nearly unbeatable Greninja roaming around the the outskirts of Lumiose City and immediately sets out to investigate, dragging Ash along for the ride (and not listening to Ash's ramblings about "is that him?"). Upon their arrival to Lumiose City, Gou hears it's close by and he rushes out ahead of Ash, wanting to catch it first before he gets a chance and encounters on the outskirts of the city! All he needs is one good throw! Aaaaand, GO!

As the ball flies towards Greninja, it slices it in half with a well-timed Cut. Frustrated, Gou throws more and more balls, each of them cut down like the last, until he's down to his last one. Gou only has one more throw, and as if teasing him, Greninja allows it to make contact...only for Gou to find out it had a trainer all along! (Turns out none of the previous trainers tried chucking a ball at it before...)

Shook beyond belief, Gou falls to the ground on his knees as Greninja prepares to leave...until it senses a familiar presence. Curious as to why Greninja hasn't left yet, Gou looks up as he notices Ash and Pikachu finally catching up to him.

Gou sees Ash and the Greninja lock eyes with each other. Gou was about to warn him that the Greninja had a trainer already until he was stopped by Pikachu's unexpected squeal as it rushes towards the Greninja as if it was an old friend.

Ash and Greninja bring their right fists together in sync as Greninja suddenly became enveloped in a veil of water right before his eyes! Gou had never seen such a transformation before! When the water receded, he was met with the sight of a large shuriken upon the Greninja's back, who now shares a striking resemblance to the trainer in front of it.

Ash and Greninja slowly turn to Gou at the exact same time. Ash says, "Gou! Meet Greninja!"

Gou.exe has stopped working.

(sorry for the big wall. I kinda needed to get in a writing mood today)
Tbh I really see that happening

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Gou hears rumors of an nearly unbeatable Greninja roaming around the the outskirts of Lumiose City and immediately sets out to investigate, dragging Ash along for the ride (and not listening to Ash's ramblings about "is that him?"). Upon their arrival to Lumiose City, Gou hears it's close by and he rushes out ahead of Ash, wanting to catch it first before he gets a chance and encounters on the outskirts of the city! All he needs is one good throw! Aaaaand, GO!

As the ball flies towards Greninja, it slices it in half with a well-timed Cut. Frustrated, Gou throws more and more balls, each of them cut down like the last, until he's down to his last one. Gou only has one more throw, and as if teasing him, Greninja allows it to make contact...only for Gou to find out it had a trainer all along! (Turns out none of the previous trainers tried chucking a ball at it before...)

Shook beyond belief, Gou falls to the ground on his knees as Greninja prepares to leave...until it senses a familiar presence. Curious as to why Greninja hasn't left yet, Gou looks up as he notices Ash and Pikachu finally catching up to him.

Gou sees Ash and the Greninja lock eyes with each other. Gou was about to warn him that the Greninja had a trainer already until he was stopped by Pikachu's unexpected squeal as it rushes towards the Greninja as if it was an old friend.

Ash and Greninja bring their right fists together in sync as Greninja suddenly became enveloped in a veil of water right before his eyes! Gou had never seen such a transformation before! When the water receded, he was met with the sight of a large shuriken upon the Greninja's back, who now shares a striking resemblance to the trainer in front of it.

Ash and Greninja slowly turn to Gou at the exact same time. Ash says, "Gou! Meet Greninja!"

And because this was written, there's no way Greninja's return to the anime will be good because it won't ever live up to these expectations

Red and Blue

Do people still go on to say that post XY anime is an alternate universe even when in the first post XY episode (SM001) Ash mentions his Tauros?
Not anymore. Korrina returning was the final nail in the coffin to that theory

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
And because this was written, there's no way Greninja's return to the anime will be good because it won't ever live up to these expectations

I always felt that Gekkouga reached its peak in XY&Z, which is why I don't want it to appear in the Kalos episodes given that I can't imagine it surpassing its feats from before. It'll probably show up regardless, but it won't be as exciting to see it transform into Satoshi-Gekkouga this time around.

Mew29240

I always felt that Gekkouga reached its peak in XY&Z, which is why I don't want it to appear in the Kalos episodes given that I can't imagine it surpassing its feats from before. It'll probably show up regardless, but it won't be as exciting to see it transform into Satoshi-Gekkouga this time around.

You say that, but we never got see Ash Greninja use that Giant Orange Shuriken again after the battle with Alain. It was kind of weird that it never showed up afterwards given that it would've been great to have kind of power in the Team Flare Crisis...

Jeal

Yeah, I can picture it. You are a good writer. Do you write?

Satopokebato

Gou hears rumors of an nearly unbeatable Greninja roaming around the the outskirts of Lumiose City and immediately sets out to investigate, dragging Ash along for the ride (and not listening to Ash's ramblings about "is that him?"). Upon their arrival to Lumiose City, Gou hears it's close by and he rushes out ahead of Ash, wanting to catch it first before he gets a chance and encounters on the outskirts of the city! All he needs is one good throw! Aaaaand, GO

Wow such a good story. It would be a good scene for greninja return surely.

Sidagam

This was almost word for word how I pictured them running in to each other again. Awesome write up!

It'd be both hilarous and amazing

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sycamore was actually a fairly important recurring character unlike those Gym leaders
Sycamore was reduced to a morality chain for Alain halfway through the saga, though.
Not anymore. Korrina returning was the final nail in the coffin to that theory
That's PM19 Korrina. Know your Korrinas.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
You say that, but we never got see Ash Greninja use that Giant Orange Shuriken again after the battle with Alain. It was kind of weird that it never showed up afterwards given that it would've been great to have kind of power in the Team Flare Crisis...

I assumed that its absence in later episodes meant that it was a special attack that the writers exclusively planned for the battle against Alain to add an extra layer of hype. I find it hard to believe that it was meant to foreshadow anything more important even if Gekkouga does return, however.

ssquaderi

Send your CV to the anime staff asap

Master Pikachu 11

Do people still go on to say that post XY anime is an alternate universe even when in the first post XY episode (SM001) Ash mentions his Tauros?
Well you forget after Ash leaves Kalos that there was an episode in which Clemont and Bonnie met Cilan and they both remembered Ash in a flashback during the episode so I would say that the alternate universe theory ended way before SM 001.

Mew29240

Well you forget after Ash leaves Kalos that there was an episode in which Clemont and Bonnie met Cilan and they both remembered Ash in a flashback during the episode so I would say that the alternate universe theory ended way before SM 001.

I think it's just people too butt hurt with the transition from XY->SM that keep up that notion.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think it's just people too butt hurt with the transition from XY->SM that keep up that notion.

Honestly, even if I'm not SM's biggest fan, I have no issue seeing it as part of the overall story and what comes after XY.

The way I see it is the same way I see Sinnoh-Unova.

After being so focused on one journey, Ash goes on a vacation and let himself loose up a bit. The approaches he took on both Unova and Alola, while unpopular, sounds to me like Ash wanted to try something different. With Unova, maybe it was about having to relearn to enjoy himself and the journey like it was the first time. For Alola it was about settling on one place and learn more rather than just walk around mindless with a single mindset.

Makes sense that the Ash who had decided to settle on, learn more and get more in tune with the place he is would end up winning the league (as controversal as Alola League might be and even if we had that whole Rowlett vs Decidueye fiasco)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Honestly, even if I'm not SM's biggest fan, I have no issue seeing it as part of the overall story and what comes after XY.

The way I see it is the same way I see Sinnoh-Unova.

After being so focused on one journey, Ash goes on a vacation and let himself loose up a bit. The approaches he took on both Unova and Alola, while unpopular, sounds to me like Ash wanted to try something different. With Unova, maybe it was about having to relearn to enjoy himself and the journey like it was the first time. For Alola it was about settling on one place and learn more rather than just walk around mindless with a single mindset.

Makes sense that the Ash who had decided to settle on, learn more and get more in tune with the place he is would end up losing the league (as controversal as Alola League might be and even if we had that whole Rowlett vs Decidueye fiasco)

Um when you say losing the league are you talking about a different league? Because if your talking about the Alola League he actually won that league and even won the Exhibition Match against Kukui.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Um when you say losing the league are you talking about a different league? Because if your talking about the Alola League he actually won that league and even won the Exhibition Match against Kukui.

I got so used to Ash losing leagues, I end up typing "losing" even if I intended to type "winning" :D

Thanks for calling my attention to that. Just editted the post

DuskAstral

I think even if the boys visit Lumiose, it doesn't mean that they meet Clemont and Bonnie. It may be that for some reason they will not be in the city.
As for Greninja Satoshi, I hope he won't be back