• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will Ash and Go do in Kalos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
I think even if the boys visit Lumiose, it doesn't mean that they meet Clemont and Bonnie. It may be that for some reason they will not be in the city.

The Prism Tower was shown on the first promotional poster for this series as a landmark, so I'm thinking that Miare City will probably be shown since it's the most popular city in the Kalos region. But I agree that Citron and Eureka probably won't appear there.

Decidueye23

Id ash doesnt try to meet clemont and bonnie or atleast mention them when he goes to lumiose, it just wont be believable. I mean, he met froakie there, professor sycamore, clemont and he had a solid bond, and ash is kinda the lumiose hero. If not saving kalos, nearly the entire city saw his matches eherr he used a one of a kind greninja. It would suck if he wsnt recognised for that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
Id ash doesnt try to meet clemont and bonnie or atleast mention them when he goes to lumiose, it just wont be believable. I mean, he met froakie there, professor sycamore, clemont and he had a solid bond, and ash is kinda the lumiose hero. If not saving kalos, nearly the entire city saw his matches eherr he used a one of a kind greninja. It would suck if he wsnt recognised for that.

He can mention Citron and Eureka and that would be enough of a callback from my viewpoint. I think he's more likely to mention meeting Keromatsu there however, especially if he eventually brings Gekkouga back.

Decidueye23

He can mention Citron and Eureka and that would be enough of a callback from my viewpoint. I think he's more likely to mention meeting Keromatsu there however, especially if he eventually brings Gekkouga back.
Imagine the outrage if he mentions greninja but it doesnt come back? I think they ll stay away from mentioning greninja till they decide if he will bring back reserves or not.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Now, thinking about it, I think the first visit will be where Ash will obtain a Key Stone and some Mega Stones... The second visit would be about Zygarde and the last remaining vines of Kalos so that Greninja can return...

SerenaRulez

Now, thinking about it, I think the first visit will be where Ash will obtain a Key Stone and some Mega Stones... The second visit would be about Zygarde and the last remaining vines of Kalos so that Greninja can return...

I hope Zygarde doesn't come back actually. Most of the XYZ series was about the different formes of Zygarde and I just think that that was enough attention for that legendary Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Zygarde doesn't come back actually. Most of the XYZ series was about the different formes of Zygarde and I just think that that was enough attention for that legendary Pokemon.

Zygarde and Celebi are in the same boat for me.
I'm giving the movie one a pass because at least it's a damn shiny, and not the main focus. But both have more than enough exposure when stuff like Marshadow, Zekrom, Xerneas and Rayquaza have only had cameo roles so far in the main anime while we've never seen the muskateers or Victini, or Yveltal, or the three gen 6 mythicals in the anime proper either.

Just bring Greninja back via Sycamore and say it showed up, wanting to return home as the job it wasn't even needed for is done!

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:

I've seen people speculate that Satoshi will get a Key Stone in this series, but I'm finding that hard to believe considering that he didn't get one in XY despite Mega Evolution being Gen VI's big gimmick, and now that Mega Evolution is irrelevant in the latest core games and only occasionally seen in the anime, I find it even harder to believe that the writers would decide that now is the right time for Satoshi to use Mega Evolution.

Decidueye23

I've seen people speculate that Satoshi will get a Key Stone in this series, but I'm finding that hard to believe considering that he didn't get one in XY despite Mega Evolution being Gen VI's big gimmick, and now that Mega Evolution is irrelevant in the latest core games and only occasionally seen in the anime, I find it even harder to believe that the writers would decide that now is the right time for Satoshi to use Mega Evolution.
I think in gen 6 they didnt give ash a keystone because he would have to bring back old pokemon to mega evolve, since no kalos pokmeon have megas except diancie, so i think now that all pokemon from all regions are game, it wont be as much of a problem.

Mew29240

I think in gen 6 they didnt give ash a keystone because he would have to bring back old pokemon to mega evolve, since no kalos pokmeon have megas except diancie, so i think now that all pokemon from all regions are game, it wont be as much of a problem.

I'm glad Gens VII & VIII made sure their Pokemon got their region's gimmick. It always annoyed me that there only 1 Mega each for Gens V and VI.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:

I don't know if I buy that excuse since they could've had him capture a Pokemon from an older generation sometime around the middle of XY and had him Mega Evolve it. Space on his team wouldn't have been an issue, so it could've been done. They eventually had him use Satoshi-Gekkouga as a pseudo Mega Evolution, but I wonder if before that point they might have actually planned on giving him a Key Stone and simply scrapped the idea.

Mew29240

I don't know if I buy that excuse since they could've had him capture a Pokemon from an older generation sometime around the middle of XY and had him Mega Evolve it. Space on his team wouldn't have been an issue, so it could've been done. They eventually had him use Satoshi-Gekkouga as a pseudo Mega Evolution, but I wonder if before that point they might have actually planned on giving him a Key Stone and simply scrapped the idea.

They had a golden opportunity to bring back an older Pokemon, even one of Ash's, and there would't have been any issues. Yet they decided to go with an exclusive transformation for a current gen Pokemon...maybe they were really hesitant in letting one of Ash's older Pokemon stay on the team long-term?

They also could've easily given Ash a Lucario like they did in the XY games. It would've made Korrina's arc arguably more important.

I think they just really didn't want to give Ash or let him use an older generation Pokemon at the time. There's a reason why him capturing Dragonite was so unexpected, after all.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They had a golden opportunity to bring back an older Pokemon, even one of Ash's, and there would't have been any issues. Yet they decided to go with an exclusive transformation for a current gen Pokemon...maybe they were really hesitant in letting one of Ash's older Pokemon stay on the team long-term?

They also could've easily given Ash a Lucario like they did in the XY games. It would've made Korrina's arc arguably more important.

I think they just really didn't want to give Ash or let him use an older generation Pokemon at the time. There's a reason why him capturing Dragonite was so unexpected, after all.
Previous sagas had him have a designated ace, and most of the ace candidates were popular Pokemon the writers couldn't conceivably focus too much on (despite the fact it's rather easy for them to just stop using fillers altogether and make every episode count).

Until SM toyed with the idea, but only because the series had an abysmal number of important battles that made it look like Ash was actually dividing the attention between all his team members equally. I guess PM19 finally convinced the writers that the kid should stop exclusively focus on one regional/Pikachu (even if his future Inteleon may be the one to take Charizard down) that he's finally capturing the popular ones...from over a decade ago.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

Not really about the formes, but more on the vine problem... Perhaps, the Malamar gang can also return in the same episode and Go will capture the leader... LOL...

Ash was quite jealous of Brock and Misty having their own during the SM series... And if ME would be irrelevant in the anime then they shouldn't have bothered to show Korrina using ME to Lucario, especially when Ash just got a Riolu, and another mon capable of MEing in Gengar in his current roster...

Mew29240

Not really about the formes, but more on the vine problem... Perhaps, the Malamar gang can also return in the same episode and Go will capture the leader... LOL...

Ash was quite jealous of Brock and Misty having their own during the SM series... And if ME would be irrelevant in the anime then they shouldn't have bothered to show Korrina using ME to Lucario, especially when Ash just got a Riolu, and another mon capable of MEing in Gengar in his current roster...

He didn't seem jealous? He just seemed excited about them, as he usually does.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Perhaps, the Malamar gang can also return in the same episode and Go will capture the leader... LOL...

They deserve closure, so I wouldn't be opposed to them returning in this series. I always felt that the writers probably planned something big for those wicked Calamanero, but that their plans changed for some reason.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They deserve closure, so I wouldn't be opposed to them returning in this series. I always felt that the writers probably planned something big for those wicked Calamanero, but that their plans changed for some reason.

The appearance of the evil Malamar happened on episodes penned by Shinzo Fujita. Checking on bulbapedia, his last appearance was on XY, where he wrote the episode with Clemont fixing Clembot right after the Flare arc.

So, unless he returns to the series, that minor plot will remain open-ended.

Also, just found out he has written "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon". That was a quite solid story. Seems like he is into those unusual stories that tend to have bigger stakes than usual. Hope he gets to come back but that might not be likely since they are trying to make the show more episodic and less serialized.

Kind of a pity since he is one of the veterans who've been around since the first series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
The appearance of the evil Malamar happened on episodes penned by Shinzo Fujita. Checking on bulbapedia, his last appearance was on XY, where he wrote the episode with Clemont fixing Clembot right after the Flare arc.

So, unless he returns to the series, that minor plot will remain open-ended.

That's a real shame since I wanted to see that subplot finally be resolved once and for all. There aren't that many other things in Kalos that I'd want to see, other than the Chatelaines.