1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What will be the end of the anime?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by girazard, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA Well-Known Member

Holy sht I would be in total shock for the rest of my life!

2. Forestwolf

Forestwolf <3 Pokeshipping!

look what I found i found! MAJOR SPOILERS! WATCH/READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrckR66lk&feature=related
    That was the ORIGINAL pocketmonsters opening for pokemon, therefore that kinda shows what happend: Ash was still on a journey OR maybe he was dead :( but anyway there was Misty and her mom(or sister) and mistys kid. Ash's Pikachu was there and leaped in the little girls arms, so that kinda gives away that seems to be Misty and Ash's kid. But why wasn't pikachu with ash? Was it beacuse Ash was dead?
    :D my theroy /\

3. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

That is because the creators didn't know how the future of the series will wrap up and since it was popular (and on hold, thus eliminating the 18 month run) around the world, they decided to continue the series. Heck, I don't think that's their daughter since Misty looks like her GSC counterpart. Also, even if the series were to end, then what would Ho-oH have been in the first episode? I think the series will continue on for a long time as long Sugimori is up and kicking with his ideas with the help of others that work alongside him.

4. Dr. MECha

Dr. MECha Prof. of Pokeology

Everything in bold is correction/comments.
    The producer are responsible of the longevity of the series, while the writers are responsible for the story. Gamefreaks only involved in the anime by giving the rights to produce it.

You should already know this, but Porygon infamous seizure epidemic has cause the series to be put on hold. It was so horrible that the producer forbids Porygon and its evolution to be a part of the anime (except for cameo appearance).

Gamefreaks can still last long after the death of Sugimori and so can the franchise. Look how well Walt Disney's company been doing long after his Death.

Pokemon can last as long as Mickey and the Gang no question asked.

5. wiitard119

wiitard119 Well-Known Member

how bout. ash wins sinnoh league, happy ending. woot woot. finish.

6. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

Winning a league hardly makes some one the "Pokemon Master" though. I remember them describing the Pokemon Mater (singular, not plural) as the strongest trainer in the world (not just a single region) in the earlier seasons. There was a conversation between Ash and Richie that revealed it.

Lance, Cynthia, Wallace, and the like are not Pokemon Masters, just champions of a single region. So I assume Ash would have to earn all 8 badges from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and what ever other regions are created from now until the main series of games ends, win the league in each and every region, and go onto to battle and defeat the Elite 4 and champion of all of the regions.

He can't truely call himself "the best trainer in the world" just by beating Cynthia. Maybe Lance or Wallace is stronger than Cynthia. Maybe the champion of some unknown region is even stronger than them.

When the main series of games ends that's when the show will. Ash will probably win the league of the final generation's region and defeat the Elite 4 and champion on screen. Then there will be a time skip or something and we will be told by the narrator or something that Ash went back to the other regions and defeated the champions there too and is now the pokemon master. Ash will marry Misty/May/Dawn/5th generation girl/6th7th8th9th10th generation girl and grow old with his hundreds of pokemon. Gary will take over for his grandfather as Pallet Town's professor and start another scrappy shonen hero out on his pokemon journey. The end.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  7. Shadow Gamer

Shadow Gamer The Shadow Trainer

Honestly I don't want the anime or pokemon as a whole to end so I can't even fathom an ending scenario.

8. defno

defno Well-Known Member

Even though I hope not, i don't think the final episode will have Ash become the Pokemon master.
    It'll probably just end after he wins a league or just after a movie. I doubt they'll make an actual ending, they'll just end the series and leave us wondering.

9. shadow and jolteon

shadow and jolteon Ghetto Team Rater.

it's not going to end for a llllloooonnnngggg while:)!! but i think it will end when ash finishes the league and then he becomes a gym leader over his dad or something like that cause he has never seen his dad and their you go!! so clean and simple:).

10. Surfer_Dude

Surfer_Dude Aspiring Guitarist

It will end with ash entering a tournament (like the 1st post said) and him losing to gary XD

11. Sweet Pinpuku

Sweet Pinpuku Happy Happiny

I was actually discussing this the other night with someone, didn't realise this thread was here.

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think we're that far off from the end. I don't even see a Gen V happening, maybe a handful of new Pokémon to tide people over but nothing as huge scale as we've seen before. Truth be told, I've followed the franchise since it began and I wouldn't be that torn up if there wasn't a Gen V. 493 is enough, they won't top Arceus (but they would try if Gen V happened) and, if Dawn was replaced and a new female lead was introduced with new rivals etc etc etc... it would just become too much.

My reason for believing this is simple - the quality of the anime and games has significantly picked up (Team Galactic plotlines). I remember back when Diamond and Pearl came out there was like an interview or something and the game designers/creators said something about making a culmination game and I see HGSS as those games. Johto was intensely popular all-round and the main reason why the franchise continued (if it didn't get a Gen II then the others wouldn't have happened, Gen II got the ball rolling)... it would make sense to end it on Johto.

Also consider the inclusion of the new Team Rocket peoples in HGSS. If they are included in the anime then they will actually deal with Team Rocket properly, parallel to the Team Galactic plotlines probably. In doing so, Team Rocket would probably fully disband on screen because, being a kids cartoon show, the bad guys can't win.

I get that my theory has some holes and doesn't cover a lot of the anime and other bases, but I feel that a lot of the HGSS revelations are spelling the end of the show and the end of the franchise.

12. Snoopy

Snoopy pokeshipping newbie

it turned out he overslept and he had to go to oaks for his 1st pokemon only to find out that only a jigglypuff was available.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. Journeyman

Journeyman …… …… …… ▼

Nice little find. Appreciate it.

I'm personally thinking somewhere along the lines of Mt. Silver, epic battle with cliffhanger, and returning home to Pallet.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  14. myravolody

myravolody New Member

Hi
    So far all the anime's that have finished that I've sen have been sad. Full Metal Alchemist wasn't TOO sad.

Thank you..

15. Sweet Pinpuku

Sweet Pinpuku Happy Happiny

It's an interesting thoery, but from what I can gather this was originally intended to be related to the Mewtwo movie, yes? Could it be that, originally, they had no intention of reviving Ash and were going to end it with the Mewtwo movie in case the series didn't go down well and didn't get continuation into Johto etc? While it may hold some relevance to the end of the anime when and if it comes, I don't think they'll pick up on this in the end because of how many turns the anime has taken since this first came to light, especially considering the inclusion of Tracey, May, Max and Dawn as main characters - I don't think they'll ignore them and turn it into a big Ash/Misty did they/didn't they fest, it wouldn't be appropriate and, to be honest, it wouldn't have a place, it doesn't even have a place in the anime at present because Misty isn't even here anymore and, let's face it, she ain't coming back (I'm fairly certain it's been confirmed that she won't be returning as main cast).

Thing to consider also - would Ash's Pikachu readily move on like that so easily without him? Losing Ash in any respect would completely break Pikachu, it wouldn't cope and probably wouldn't move on from that. Also, is there anything to confirm that it's the same Pikachu?

I think the only way to use that portion of the video would be if they were showcasing where every character was X amount of years in the future so as to include all the other characters too.

16. Buizelster

Buizelster Well-Known Member

It'll probably just be some standard fanfiction ending. Such as Ash becoming the worlds greatest master in all regions, Team Rocket turning good, Ash getting his mack on with all the girls who want a piece of him.

and Brock still gets no one. XD

17. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

As I am Bloody sick of these kind of posts. I'll rip this apart like a Lion with a Zebra Carcass

For Hells sake people why is everyone saying "They created Arceus so it MUST be the end" WRONG. In Greek mythos Zeus/Jupitur (Whome Arceus is presumably based on myth wise) had a father Cronus/ Saturn and he had a father called Ouranus/Caelus. Aslo the Tomb of Egyptian king Tuthmosis III listed 751 new Deities despite alreading having about 20-30 creator deities. Arceus is just hailed as the creator od Sinnoh, nothing more, nothing less. Also "LULZ GAIZ! LETS JUST KAMIT FINANCAIL SUICIDE BY NOT CREATIONG A FITH GEN BCUZ OF ARCEUS! HAHAHAHAHA" Pokemon is the second biggest video game franchise in the world behind Mario. If you were an Executive at Nintendo/Gamefreak and you suggest that they shouldn't make Gen V. You would be laughed at, Fired on the spot and possible stoned while the rest swim in thier Olympic sized Swimming pools filled to the brim with cash.

There are even more things wrong with this section of the post post. No, Gen II DID NOT get the ball rolling, Gen I did. Lets compare the Rounded sales of Gen II to Gen I

Gen I: 20 million cpoies sold
    Gen II: 14 million copies sold

You see? GSC may have added some nifty features but if Gen I didn't happen, Gen II wouldn't happen. Gen I got the ball friggen Rolling not bloody Gen II. Any Pokefan knows that.

That's Funny, Because a recent Review with Satoshi Tajiri himself said that GEN V would be one of his best works ever. Fridge Logic there.

By you're logic the franchise should of ended at Johto due the games ending it there. But everyone knows Anime =/= Games and even if the do disband, another team can take their place.

Just because you consider HGSS the pinncale of Pokemons games doesn't, nor will ever mean, that a Cash Cow Frachise will end. The only was it could possibly end is if it stops making money and with DPPt Sell around 15 million copies overall and HGSS selling 2 million copies in 2 weeks. It's not going to happen any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  18. Buizelster

Buizelster Well-Known Member

Actually I'd say Legend of Zelda is a bit higher on the food chain. Pokemon would probably come in third, but other than that I agree with you.

Personally I wouldn't mind if this series ended though. Maybe then we'd get a Pokemon Adventures anime. That's not saying I hate the current pokemon anime or anything, but I really want a Pokemon Adventures version.

19. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

Well.

Pokemon is higher on the Video Game food Chain than Zelda.

20. TheFarmboy

TheFarmboy Active Member

I dunno, no sign of the 5th generation, I guess we're reaching the end of the road, maybe we might see some road crew for Johto Battle Frontier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.