• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will be the end of the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno48

Zaker!
Ash will
meet up with his dad
and challenge him to a battle to see who the real pokemon master is.

I can't see pokemon ever ending...
probably at about season.......18-20 they will dump Ash (he will become a pokemon master)
and then a new boy/girl that will probably meet Ash/Brock/Dawn/Misty/May/Max somewhere in their jorney and go on to be a pokemon master....

Let's think about this matter rationally for a second. Personally, I don't think the anime's going away anytime soon and here's some reasons why:

- Pokemon is a mass-marketed game, currently peaking at the second most sold game

- Nintendo will not make any ridiculously foolish mistakes to kill off the series simply because it is becoming increasingly unpopular, but the marketing population is still fairly large at this point. If the series is gone, the sales of the Pokemon games series will have a direct impact due to its correlation with the counterpart anime. Over time, Pokemon sales will plummet and the game series itself will slowly disappear, something Nintendo nor Game Freak wants to happen, at least for another decade or so, or before 2013 =)

Face it, if Satoshi is gone, face it, a good population of the dedicated fans won't enjoy it, whether it be Gold, Brendan, Lucas, or any of the main protagonists in the game series. The reason being so is because of Satoshi's character. It's difficult to mold and build a character out of thin air. Additionally, in doing so will result in an acceleration of the demise of the series.

I can continue arguing assuming someone has a counterargument. Anyways, getting back on OT briefly, from my interpretation...

There will be some major event, more or less, depending on one's interpretation, I honestly don't know. It wouldn't necessarily be defeating his rival as Gary has already moved on to becoming a researcher rather than a trainer. Others may believe it involves his father, which is feasible since the storyboarder said "he [Ash's father] may or may not be introduced at the series, depending on its necessity to Ash's further maturity and development as a Trainer" (Bulbapedia). This would perfectly fit the ending's theme since Ash has matured enough at that level, where he may continue pursuing his dream to becoming the world's greatest trainer, though I believe the anime's goal has slightly shifted away from this focus.

However, despite all that, from my understanding, his father has passed on through the evidence and literary devices given from the anime. The only time he has been truly mentioned is from the second episode and Hanako references him in past tense. I don't remember the exact quote, but I believe it was something similar to this: "Your father would have been proud. It took him 4 days to reach this far..." Additionally, Satoshi has never referenced his father, implying that he was not a particular influence in his life, which would be possible had he not been alive during his childhood.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Over time, Pokemon sales will plummet and the game series itself will slowly disappear, something Nintendo nor Game Freak wants to happen, at least for another decade or so, or before 2013 =)

The games would go on just fine without the anime. Not that I want the anime to end, mind you, because it's a terrific counterpart to the continuing series of games, but the original Red and Green predated the anime by a year and sold just fine.

Additionally, Satoshi has never referenced his father, implying that he was not a particular influence in his life, which would be possible had he not been alive during his childhood.

As you pointed out, one of the animators is quoted as saying that Ash's father is on a journey of his own somewhere. That's the closest thing to official word we're going to get on the proverbial Mr. Ketchum short of him appearing in an episode and as such, I think it's a rather large leap in logic to assume he's dead.

He hasn't been mentioned outside of the one or two lines simply because there's no need to mention him. Ash isn't a real boy - he's a fictional character. He goes, does and thinks what the writers want him to. They've never made this absentee father part of Ash's character and even from the start, Ash didn't have anything resembling a complex regarding the father that we may well never actually see. It wouldn't make sense to have Ash constantly think about and reference such an ethereal character.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
The games would go on just fine without the anime. Not that I want the anime to end, mind you, because it's a terrific counterpart to the continuing series of games, but the original Red and Green predated the anime by a year and sold just fine.
Seeing that it been doing a well fine job promoting the Main Games, and I think the International Audience are more familiar to the Anime thanks to 4Kids (for the most part), I think that they will continue to run the anime until the franchise death, unless it continue to live on Like Mickey Mouse.

As you pointed out, one of the animators is quoted as saying that Ash's father is on a journey of his own somewhere. That's the closest thing to official word we're going to get on the proverbial Mr. Ketchum short of him appearing in an episode and as such, I think it's a rather large leap in logic to assume he's dead.

He hasn't been mentioned outside of the one or two lines simply because there's no need to mention him. Ash isn't a real boy - he's a fictional character. He goes, does and thinks what the writers want him to. They've never made this absentee father part of Ash's character and even from the start, Ash didn't have anything resembling a complex regarding the father that we may well never actually see. It wouldn't make sense to have Ash constantly think about and reference such an ethereal character.
Other than the Hero of the 3rd generation, we never get to see their father. So it make sense not to mention him at all. Besides, for all we know Ash's Mother wasn't married to begin with. Though the mystery of Ash's family tree is, without a doubt, something that nobody even give a damn.

The main problem of changing the protagonist isn't about replacing Ash, but about replacing the mascot Pikachu. That rodent is the main reason that kid is still around to this very day, and the same goes for Team Rocket and their Scheming Feline.

TL;DR: Anime may last as long as Franchise, Noone gives a crap about Ash's father, and Pikachu and Meowth are the main stars of the show.

Last edited:

Waterpokes

I would actually have Ash battling his dad in the final episode.
Also before that, it's a more darker version and after the final battle and stuff and once again saving the world, Ash battles against his dad in a five based episode.
And then they will all do a cliche and have Ash run to the sunset with Pikachu beside him, and possible have all his friends and Pokemon standing behind him.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
He'll wake up the first day of his adventure, realize his whole life was a dream, then run to prof. oak, to tell him he wants to have pikachu, and prof. oak will tell him that all the Pokemon are gone except a clefairy...

-_-

They could do all the episodes over again...

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
No, but seriously I think that ash meeting his father, even if the anime doesn't end; would be very satisfying.

BCVM22

would be very satisfying.

Why? It's not as if they've teased the big reveal of his father, it's not as if they've had Ash mention him or think of him, his mother has barely spoken of him and the most we know about him is from an off-the-board comment from an animator. How can it be "satisfying" when the character, absentee or not, has played no role whatsoever in the continuing narrative?

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Points taken, but I feel it would be an interesting twist, something out of the ordinary, but not so-far detached like some of the other twists thrown in the anime. There could be so much plot involving his father, that its not even funny.

But of course its not something you just make happen. There would need to be a build-up to it. The only bad thing I see about it, is that prof. oak is more of a fatherly-figure to ash, and introducing his real father would deteriorate prof. oaks character.

Last edited:

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
ash gets colon cancer??

no no.

im not really sure what the "end" will be....ash winning a pokemon league? none would seem fitting since hes no longer in kanto, his home region, which would be the only one that would make sense.

it should have ended when ash went back to kanto. it would have went like this:

After declining his role as a Fronteir Brain, Ash realizes that Kanto Pokemon League is on again. Since he has all 8 Kanto badges, and coincedentally enough his Kanto pokemon team, he decides "why not?" Ash wins......end

BCVM22

it should have ended when ash went back to kanto.

Mmm, no, it really shouldn't have. What possible reason is there to end a continuing narrative adaptation like this when the source material is still running so strong?

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I really like the "...and it was all a dream!" sequence. hahahaha, I think I would never stop laughing at that. I'd probably die of too much laughing and no breathing.
No but seriously, what I THINK *and might not happen so dont bash DX* is Ash will go back and face the Indigo League to prove that this time he can win. He reaches the finals and faces a one-to-one with a mysterious man who looks JUST like him and Delia will become really happy but not say anything. Ash will beat the man, never knowing its really his father but the look on Delia's face tells the audience a different story. The people watching will be all old main characters (Misty, Brock, Delia, Prof Oak, May, Max, Dawn and any others in the next seasons) and when Ash wins Misty and Brock will be holding up his arms in triumph (good ole Kanto Trio reunion FTW) with everyone in the background and then leaving the Plateau we see the mysterious man walking off, grinning. Delia catches up to him, says "aren't you going to tell him?" the man smirks and says "maybe someday, when the time is right" and walks off into the distance. Delia smiles knowingly and returns to the happy bunch.
After he wins, it'll end the episode and then the last episode will be where a grown up version of Ash, but his face is hidden, is preparing his son for his starter-day and when the son leaves, Ash stands up and watches him go and a mysterious redhead comes up behind him and holds his hand comfortingly, telling him that it was the right thing to do that her son reminds her of someone and we will find out that ASH MARRIED MISTY AND HAD A WONDERFUL LIFE TOGETHER! THE END-runs off before getting shot-
:D

Last edited:
Ash will compete in a final battle between him and Richie and after he wins he is challenged by Gary. the battle is hard but ash with the support of all his friends on the side lines is able to win. but when pikachu does a electric attack it accidentally knocks Gary pocket and a thunder stone (that he was gonna use on eevee but eventually decided not to) is zapped into the sky and then falls in front of pikachu. pikachu evolves into a raichu and everyone is silent and shocked. Pikachu now not being what he was when he first mt ash is sad and runs away leaving Ash in tears with flash backs off their many adventures

5 Years past

Ash is in his house and is holding on to the poke ball that once contained butter free and the poke ball pikachu would have been in in his hands thinking about how he lost his two best friends and has nothing but memories left. at this point a stranger with a cow boy accent enters the house and says howdy. this makes no sense to Ash and he just keeps clutching the poke balls.the stranger says that if you truly want your friends to come back all you have to do is believe they will return. the stranger leaves and ash gives it a shot and says with tears in his eyes please come back Rachu your always a pikachu to me. Rachu returns and him and ash hug

in the sky we see a beautiful creature flapping its wings and we assume its butter-free

andrewstffn

(I did hear of a rumor that the Ash character arc was gonna end at season 12. The return of Misty character was to reveal her true feelings towards Ash. The new character of the show will reveal at the end of the new movie.)

If the series end then it would go that Misty appear to watch Ash in the Sinnoh League. Then Ash wins every battle and defeats the Elite Four. Then faces Cynthia in the last battle. Ash wins the battle and they have a league party where Ash and Misty talk to each in private. They confess each others feelings and have their true kiss and begins flashbacks of Ash journey.

10 Years Later...

Ash and Misty watch there daughter/son go off on their journey.

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
He will become a champion. Then 3 years later he will battle a challenger on top the snowy peaks of Mt. Silver.

Blazenuva

Thats actually a pretty good idea. It would be funny if they managed to make Ash's father turn out to be none other than Red.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
I don't think the anime will end if leaks of a new game come out next year but if they don't here's my take on the ending.

Ash takes part in pokemon tournament (sinnoh). He thinks he'll lose the finals because Paul loss his semi-finals match. Misty cheers him up and reminds him of what he's there for and the bond between him and his pokemon. He wins. They start the last arc which involves him meeting, studying under and eventually battling the elite four. He wins. He faces off against Cynthia and loses. Paul and him fight stirring up a bonus pokemon battle that all (invited) friends and sinnoh elite witness 6 on 6. battle starts off with monferno defeating magmotar and ends with Ash pulling out a win against torterra. Paul is crushed until Ash gives a motivational speech and offers his hand in friendship. Paul accepts win suddenly ho-oh flys over head. Everyone is in happy awe when Oak states its travelling to a new region. the scene cuts off to various regions, pokemon and familiar faces as the narrator speaks. As he states his final words "the world of pokemon" we see ash in a new outfit on what can be assumed is mt. silver standing with pikachu as they jump into the air in happy climatic sense.

Then they start a new series of pokemon with a new trainer and new region.
Opinions???

BCVM22

The anime's not going to end even if we don't get wind of the 5th generation in the next calender year.

The series will end when the writers realise they've wasted 20 years of their lives writting this crap!

Just kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.