• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Will Happen to Trip, Bianca and the Others in the Filler Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

It's becoming really obvious that the League is quickly approaching rather then there being a 50 episode gap between the eighth gym and the League. After the League, whether or not Ash stays in Unova or goes somewhere else for the filler arc Trip, Kotetsu, Stephan and Bianca are going to seem really tacked on if they're included. If he stays in Unova for the filler arc continuing their rivalry will seem pointless because there won't be any League battle payoff at the end of the saga. The same gores for if he leaves for another region. If Ash loses to any of them where it counts (the League) people are going to feel jaded if he ends up beating them in an unofficial battle at the end of the filler arc or in some penny-ante tournament.

Burgundy and Georgia may continue to follow Cilan and Iris for revenge, but I can't realistically see any of Ash's rivals being carried over to the filler saga. The same goes for Team Rocket too. They're not chasing after Ash and Pikachu any more so it's going to seem really convenient if they just happen to be going to the same region as Ash after this. It could be okay if Ash stays in Unova though.

shelldude400

How bout we confirmation first then talk about it.

Janovy

Banned
Yes, as likely as it seems, it's better to wait for confirmation.

Also, Georgia doesn't want revenge upon Iris - she's not Burgundy.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well, it's a bit early. But It's kinda obvious that if there were to be a filler arc, Trip wouldn't be as active. Still could be there. Georgia-Burgandy I feel will be done before the league even starts. Still unknown if Stephan is collecting badges. But he could still show up once more at the league. Bianca, what much can the writers do with her lol?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It's becoming really obvious that the League is quickly approaching rather then there being a 50 episode gap between the eighth gym and the League. After the League, whether or not Ash stays in Unova or goes somewhere else for the filler arc Trip, Kotetsu, Stephan and Bianca are going to seem really tacked on if they're included. If he stays in Unova for the filler arc continuing their rivalry will seem pointless because there won't be any League battle payoff at the end of the saga. The same gores for if he leaves for another region. If Ash loses to any of them where it counts (the League) people are going to feel jaded if he ends up beating them in an unofficial battle at the end of the filler arc or in some penny-ante tournament.

Burgundy and Georgia may continue to follow Cilan and Iris for revenge, but I can't realistically see any of Ash's rivals being carried over to the filler saga. The same goes for Team Rocket too. They're not chasing after Ash and Pikachu any more so it's going to seem really convenient if they just happen to be going to the same region as Ash after this. It could be okay if Ash stays in Unova though.

Depends if the filler arc is tournament based like I hope it is.

If it is tournament based and they stay in Isshu I can see everyone sticking around if Satoshi goes to another region to take part in tournaments I can see Shooti/Belle/Kenyan going there also to take part, since they are battlers.

We can actually have others characters f the tournaments happen after the league, like Shinji or that fat samurai from the Hoenn league(just examples), I still hope the filler arc takes place in Kanto and Satoshi takes Dent/Iris around Kanto like they did with him in Isshu.

So yeah pretty impossible to predict till we get to know if there is going to be a filler arc and how it will work.

I won't feel bothered if he beats the guy that beat him in the league in a diferent tournament, why would I?

Imagine he gets beaten by Kotetsu and Kotetsu loses in the finals, Satoshi later figths Kotetsu again and beats him and the main pokemon that caused Satosh trouble or wtv, I would actually like that, unlike all the other random league rivals that he never beat.

it depends what the filler is. maybe it involves more tournaments? if so I can see everyone still appearing

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Is it, and what else can you tell us about the future oh great one?

We were told that the league would be in three months about two months ago. Assuming that doesn't include the two-week break in August, that means the league would start sometime in early October.

We were told that the league would be in three months about two months ago. Assuming that doesn't include the two-week break in August, that means the league would start sometime in early October.

I doubt it would start right after the TR arc. There will be more episodes in between.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Stephen will be driven insane by nobody remembering his name, developing a complex where he believes he doesn't exist so he ends up doing reckless things and gets jailed. Trip's over-inflated ego will cause him to take his loss to Ash harshly and he'll end up becoming a shut-in recluse, repeating the mantra of 'basic, basic, basic'. Meanwhile Bianca will run into someone, who will fall down and do the stereotypical "oh no I'm injured" routine and she'll get sued and her father won't let her adventure again. Kotetsu will return to his rightful spot as the ruler of all (Arceus) oh and Georgia....

She will be having hot lesbian sex with Iris.

Happy Days.

DMerle

Guess who's back

That isn't real life time, the anime has whatever freedom it wants to drag BW2 out.

That isn't real life time, the anime has whatever freedom it wants to drag BW2 out.

yes but it might not. it might actually be around about 3 months, taking account of breaks and things

LizardonX

Banned
Sure, Ash should take the spare time and go to Hoenn to cheer dawn on in the grand festival participate in a Steven cup, a tournament that gives an all purpose badge that can be used in any region.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
How about you wait until a filler arc is actually announced before you start predicting what is going to happen in it.

I would have thought these threads would have stopped popping up ages ago.

Yeah we need more information first. I'd imagine the rivals would stay since they help the main trio with their stories afterall. Georgia is not done with Iris and neither is Burgundy with Cilan.

I could see Bianca becoming professor Juniper's assistant after the league, so we would get to see her whenever the professor shows up. Stephan seems very disposable, so I could see them not returning.

Honeyichigo

The manliest

True, but every other time they've given us a "X months until the league", it's been pretty much accurate. I don't see why they'd change that now.

Still, it might be best to put off the "filler arc" speculating until we actually have an inkling of what they're going to do with that time.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Stephen will be driven insane by nobody remembering his name, developing a complex where he believes he doesn't exist so he ends up doing reckless things and gets jailed. Trip's over-inflated ego will cause him to take his loss to Ash harshly and he'll end up becoming a shut-in recluse, repeating the mantra of 'basic, basic, basic'. Meanwhile Bianca will run into someone, who will fall down and do the stereotypical "oh no I'm injured" routine and she'll get sued and her father won't let her adventure again. Kotetsu will return to his rightful spot as the ruler of all (Arceus) oh and Georgia....

She will be having hot lesbian sex with Iris.

Happy Days.

Stop ignoring me you cowards! ;)

Ok but seriously, I think the league will be in 3 months.

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
Sorry I was too busy with the mental imagens about the last part you wrote.

No prob =P

At least you had the guts to reply :O ;)

Honestly though, Bustershipping... yeah xD

Status
Not open for further replies.