• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will Nintendo/Gamefreak do for the 5th Generation??

KetchupO

tωisted
LMAO.
People. Stop saying they have run out of ideas -.-
There a million more things that they could create Pokemon based on.

Gamefreak is not that uncreative :eek:

I've noticed that about 90% of the posts here are stating what new legends/ubers they'd like to see. Some trying to make legendarys related to Arcues. It already was GF's biggest ****-up since making Pikachu, so why make more of its kind?

And I have noticed NO-ONE has challenged my points except for the Evos/Pre-Evos one. Why? Cos I'm right.

You lot DO know that there need to be NORMAL pokemon and not 100% legends right?

This thread is retarded.

STFU you ignorant and criticizing idiot, and use your f***in brain for once

palkia1

Palkia Lover
I do not think for a second that Gamefreak have run out of ideas. I think 4th gen had the best set of Pokemon ever and there are plenty more that the creators can make. I liked all of the evos except for Togekiss and Lickilicky. The pre evos were also cool as were most of the new Pokemon.

I think Gamefreak should be able to make more generations to come. I personally hope that they make three legendaries of poison, fighting and bug as i think those are the only legendary types we haven't seen and i would like to see a legendary of every type (Arceus with plates doesn't count in my opinion). I would also like to see a couple more eeveelutions introduced. I think they will make more evos and pre evos. I liked the ones in this gen and in second gen.

I would like to see some new type combos as well. Maybe a fire/water or fire/grass. I think good Pokemon could be made out of those combos. A bug legendary would rock to get rid of all the psychic legendaries everyone uses these days.

I also think that just because they made a god like Pokemon doesn't mean they can't make more. You can't just say that because they've made a god of Pokemon that they can't possibly create anymore. Technically Arceus isn't even the god of Pokemon i think

I do not think for a second that Gamefreak have run out of ideas. I think 4th gen had the best set of Pokemon ever and there are plenty more that the creators can make. I liked all of the evos except for Togekiss and Lickilicky. The pre evos were also cool as were most of the new Pokemon.

I think Gamefreak should be able to make more generations to come. I personally hope that they make three legendaries of poison, fighting and bug as i think those are the only legendary types we haven't seen and i would like to see a legendary of every type (Arceus with plates doesn't count in my opinion). I would also like to see a couple more eeveelutions introduced. I think they will make more evos and pre evos. I liked the ones in this gen and in second gen.

I would like to see some new type combos as well. Maybe a fire/water or fire/grass. I think good Pokemon could be made out of those combos. A bug legendary would rock to get rid of all the psychic legendaries everyone uses these days.

I also think that just because they made a god like Pokemon doesn't mean they can't make more. You can't just say that because they've made a god of Pokemon that they can't possibly create anymore. Technically Arceus isn't even the god of Pokemon i think

You share my idea of Bug, Fighting, and Poison legends don't you?
And yes, a Fire/Grass would only be weak to: Rock and Flying

palkia1

Palkia Lover
You share my idea of Bug, Fighting, and Poison legends don't you?
And yes, a Fire/Grass would only be weak to: Rock and Flying

Yep, they should have a legendary of every time. It would be annoying to have legendaries of every type but three. Even if they aren't considered the best types, any type can be potentially strong if used correctly

KetchupO

tωisted
I would also like to see a couple more eeveelutions introduced.
There will only be one new Eeveelution IMO.
The Eeveelutions are based on special types, the only one left that they haven't made is dragon type.
Originally Posted by Fujitsu View Post
technically if arceus is the official 'god'
then, there would be no creator of it.

then, there would be no creator of it.
If that is so then will their be a 5th gen?

Just because they have created a 'God' Pokemon, (which has never been stated directly so it's not official) It doe's mean they can't make more Pokemon x_x
Originally, Mew was thought to be the ancestor of all Pokemon, and what happened? There was more -.-

New Pokemon aren't 'born' every new gen :/ The games/anime just focus on a different region with 'new' undiscovered Pokemon.

Last edited:

zuloon

Bboy Zuloon
Atheist Pokemon.

Lol.

Raro

In R/B/Y they made the 3 Legendary Birds then in G/S/C they made the Leaders of the 3 Legendary Birds.
They did the same with R/S/E with the Rock Monsters because they put there Leader Regigas In D/P/? so...

the three legendaries in Gen 5 will hae a leader in gen 6 meaning that if they do make a fith generation of pokemon they will need to make a 6th.

i just said that because i felt like it :)

The Eeveelutions are based on special types, the only one left that they haven't made is dragon type.

How about Ghost, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ground, Rock and Steel?

Last edited:

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
maybe they'll give us some plausible poke'mon unlike the monstrosities that are parukia and diaruga and maybe poison won't get nerfed

....................................nahhhhh

Wifi Kid11

hmm.. they basically covered all of the "god" nonsense of the legends.. why dont they make just normal legends? Yes Japan, that means no "god" of the pencil sharpener. i'm talking about normal ones. why can't they make a legendary cheetah? or maybe a legendary hamster? Legendary hamster would be awesome ^.^

Nicorulzpants

I CAN'T SWIM!
you know gamefreak could just make apokemon thats an omega uberthat couldve made time,space,planets,light,dakness and life that erased every legendarys memory and commisioned helpers to keep him, his hidden world (has every dark, light,and time both new types) and the 5th gen of pokemon until one day he fells a corruption in earth so all legends gang up and use there strongest psychic attack on there minds releasing the omega uber and his pokemon. done

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
you know gamefreak could just make apokemon thats an omega uberthat couldve made time,space,planets,light,dakness and life that erased every legendarys memory and commisioned helpers to keep him, his hidden world (has every dark, light,and time both new types) and the 5th gen of pokemon until one day he fells a corruption in earth so all legends gang up and use there strongest psychic attack on there minds releasing the omega uber and his pokemon. done

A.K.A Arceus.

It is possible that Pokemon will end with 5th Gen. Ideas are running out, and DP screams REHASH! on certain designs.

KetchupO

tωisted
Originally Posted by KetchupO View Post
How about Ghost, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ground, Rock and Steel?

What don't you understand about 'special types' ? -.-;

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Several ideas:
1. A game that takes place on another planet. Deoxys gets a backstory in this game.
2. Revisiting another region, with several new Pokémon, and having the four crime syndicates fight.
3. Games for the next handheld. Since the next one should have abilities inbetween the N64's and the GC's, it would probably be possible to make an end-all game. Example: All five regions from the main handheld series, all main characters return, huge epic battle spread across all regions, etc.

Personally, I like the last idea the best, but it seems the most unlikely. Actually, they all seem unlikely, and I'm sure that it would be just another region, but the last one especially sounds unlikely.

Dynamic Mimiroll

I honestly feel that the Pokémon franchise shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down whatsoever. Perhaps the most key indicator that Pokémon is not "winding down," so to speak, is that the franchise continues to sell phenomenally well. Practically speaking, the only reason to discontinue a successful, extremely lucrative franchise such as Pokémon would be if the creator himself felt as though he was running out of ideas and wanted to halt the series of his own will - yet interviews with those in charge of the creation of Pokémon display no such pessimism. There are ultimately no visible signs that the series will end soon.

The fell omens spelling the end for Pokémon have been going on since the first generation. People have constantly spoken, since the franchise's early years, of how Pokémon doesn't sell well and can't continue to innovate, yet the fact remains that it has. Shortly after Yellow's release, I read on a website that Gold and Silver would not make it to the United States because of lack of interest - but they did, and they were extremely popular. Shortly after Crystal's release, I read a report saying that - and I quote - "it's safe to say that this is the end for Pokémon" - yet Ruby and Sapphire came out and met with phenomenal success. (I'm sure there were similar thoughts circulating before Diamond and Pearl's release, but I can't remember any. XD)

Ultimately, one of the main problems is that we, as consumers, underestimate the producers of Pokémon. We assume that, just because we can't think of any new ideas, the creativity of the producers must have run dry, as well. Ultimately, however, the creator of a franchise will often have far more expansive ideas which have been shaping since the franchise's birth than consumers can possibly fathom; this holds especially true for Pokémon. Many people have stated in the past that the creator of Pokémon had devised more than one thousand species before the release of Red and Green. As farfetched as this sounds, my research indicates that this assertion may be more accurate than people commonly believe. In the original days of English Red and Blue, when ridiculous rumors of secret Pokémon spread like wildfire, I incessantly researched and tried to determine the validity of these rumors. In my research, I happened across some compilations of concept sketches of Pokémon from Red and Green. Many of these showed first generation Pokémon in earlier, less detailed forms, such as a Lapras without a horn and a more juvenile Seel without the muzzle or exposed tongue. Among these, however, were images of new Pokémon I had never seen before, such as a roly-poly blue mouse, a pink creature looking like a cross between a fairy and a bulldog, and a round reddish mouse covered in fluffy fur. As I later discovered, many of these Pokémon appeared in more detailed incarnations in Gold and Silver. The blue mouse was an early sketch of Marill, the pink creature was an early Snubbull, and the red fluffy rodent was an extremely early concept of Cyndaquil. There were other early sketches as well, including Chikorita and Qwilfish in strange-looking forms, but this proved that many Pokémon were created far in advance of the games in which they debuted. More recently, it was revealed in an interview that Shellos was originally intended to be in Ruby and Sapphire. Furthermore, not all of these sketches have actually yet even come into existence: I recall that a baby form of Tangela, known tentatively as Monjii (Tangela's Japanese name is Monjara) was originally planned for Gold and Silver.

The fact that many Pokémon that were created long ago are just now appearing in games lends credence to the idea that, when people say that the older Pokémon were better, they may be speaking purely out of nostalgia. We tend to remember the events of our past in a rosy hue, and our fond memories of the earliest Pokémon no doubt embellish their presence in our minds. In fact, in speaking about Pokémon with young children who did not grow up with Red and Blue but whose first exposure to Pokémon was with Diamond and Pearl, I have found that they cannot tell the difference, stylistically, between a Pokémon of the first generation and a Pokémon of the fourth generation.

Something we have to consider when evaluating anything is that our assertions will always be inherently biased. There is no avoiding this, yet there is no shame in it, as we cannot but help reflecting ourselves into everything we say and do. Nothing humans say can ever be truly objective. This monstrosity of a post I've just made certainly isn't objective, and you can tell a lot about the way I feel and think just by reading this. It is important, however, when trying to evaluate something as objectively as possible, to take into account the views of others rather than just forming evaluations from our own perspective. I have often heard people assert that Diamond and Pearl were uncreative because they had too many "useless" Baby Pokémon or that there are too many "useless" Bug-types. The fact remains, however, that not everyone perceives these Pokémon as useless. I am always extremely excited about new Baby Pokémon and often fill my team with them (half of the Pokémon on both my Japanese Diamond and Japanese Pearl teams are Baby Pokémon, in fact). Their stats may not be the best, but they are not so low as to render the Pokémon unusable in battle (I know from experience). Looking beyond stats and raw data, however, the Pokémon themselves have cuteness and other stylistic elements that appeal to people such as myself; not everyone raises Pokémon based on raw stats, and many Pokémon scorned by those focused entirely on winning wireless battles are beloved by those with a different philosophy on Pokémon. Similarly, I don't feel that the abundance of butterfly, moth, and Normal/Flying bird Pokémon is a bad thing: in fact, I like it, as it represents the same sort of biodiversity found on Earth. While many people would say that all birds are alike, a passionate birdwatcher would feel that even a chickadee and a goldfinch are too intrinsically different to be lumped together in terms of behavior and qualities. Likewise, even Pokémon who seem extremely similar are often very different, both in stats and moves and in stylistic quality.

Well, I've blabbed on long enough. In short, I feel that the fifth generation will see the same degree of wonder and innovation we've come to expect from Pokémon. Aren't I the optimist. XD

Last edited:

Rutabaga

Just let them make the crappy G/S remake and be done with their profession.

God knows they hardly ever made anything creative after that (except badly-done Wifi)

palkia1

Palkia Lover
I must agree with Dynamic Mimiroll. I don't see Pokemon slowing down or stopping any time soon. I think that Gamefreak has plenty more ideas for Pokemon and i think that they were quite creative with DP. I love the Pokemon in this. I don't see why everyone says they suck compared to the ones in RBY or GSC. I know nostalgia probably influences it quite a bit. I think this batch of Pokemon was just as good if not better then the earlier batches of Pokemon, even if they don't have heaps of Pokemon with wonderful stats.

I think that Pokemon will continue for a few more gens because i think that there are still plenty more Pokemon to be made (including some wonderful evos or pre-evos).

Stuper

Mix'n-Match Trainer
Personally I would like to have a game where you start out , joining a gang( Rocket Magma etc) and the gang you choose to go in decides your starter( Magma= Flareon Aqua=Vaporeon Rocket= Umbreon Galaxy = espeon FreeLancers=Eevee ) and then the farther you go on and the higher ranks you get the better pokemon you get rewarded with(+ the ones you catch/steal) Say you joined aqua, you beat a Rival Gang High ranked person and take his pokemon and give them to your commanding officer, he says "Nice Job" and says as a reward I will give you something special. So you get a list of stuff. you can choose like
Lapras
Mudkip
Squirtle
Totadile
Piplup
Buizel
rare candy
etc. and whatever you choose it given to you. whether you capture/rescue from rival gang/steal from rival gang is how you get your pokemon. and at the climax all gangs are at the legendary pokemon's lair and theres a huge face off with your allied clans and rivals. and Im stuck on a legendary pokemon. but theres more than 3000 Gamefreak employees surely 1 of them has an idea. if not Im quiting school and joining gamefreak to show them how its done,....jk of course about the school part

arceus03

Imagine if they knock up another legendary stating that it is believed to be all Pokemons' ancestor. Gee, we'll be wondering who's first again, Arceus, Mew or this Pokemon (if they do anyway).