1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What will you do differently?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Golde, May 8, 2009.

1. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

If you are planning on getting HeartGold/SoulSilver, what are you planning on doing differently? Pertaining to what you've previously done in Gold/Silver/Crystal, of course.

I'm going to keep my starter, but I'm planning on choosing different poke'mon for my team. Probably a Hoothoot, and probably not a Geodude this time.

Also, if they're still in there, I plan on getting more special Poke'balls.

2. SapphireL

SapphireL Lydia

Yeah, I know I'm picking Totodile as my starter, and I definitely want to catch a Sentret too... but instead of Pidgey as my bird Pokemon, I think I might go with Hoothoot as well.

Oh, and I WON'T be a noob when I play this game either. :p lol

3. Darth Kitty

Darth Kitty Hm. Must be on drugs

(OMG HI GOLDE. XDD)

Not name my rival ???, for one. ._.;

And yeah, I'll have different team as well. But, I don't even remember my original team from silver, so maybe it'll be exactly the same.

4. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Well, ten years ago I was mostly into overrated Pokemon, so I only caught ones that the main characters in the Anime had. But now my preferences have changed drastically, so I'm going to go for a more unique team. I'm still going to go with Chikorita, however.

I'm not going to waste my Masterball this time around. I'm going to keep it just in case I ever run into a Shiny that likes to teleport/explode/roar/whirlwind (as I've been doing since RSE).

Ummm... I'm going to train a lot more, and I'm going to distribute the levels properly. This time around my Meganium isn't going to be 20 levels stronger than everybody else...

5. Alloute

Alloute Banned

I not going to do anything differently, I'm going to catch shinies and EV train. If my Pokemon loses, then I'll release it, that's always been my policy.

6. SapphireL

SapphireL Lydia

lol I totally did that too. I should think of a better name this time.

7. Mr. Joker

Mr. Joker keep calm & carry on

I am going to catch Stantler and not spend 90 hours trying to catch a ****ing onion (it was on a english Silver)

8. Olympichero191

Olympichero191 Embraced by Hatred..

I'm probably not going to evolve my Quilava for awhile.

Other than that I'm not really sure what I'll do differently since we don't actually know much about the game yet.

But I'll be doing the obligatory things that everyone's already mentioned thus far.

I think I may start naming my characters colors... I'm running out of fictional names, lol.

9. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Keep my Pokemon at an equal level, something I honestly didn't do in a Pokemon game until Platinum. >_>

10. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

Not be a noob. :p

-Not choose Cyndaquil
    -Choose Hoot-hoot
    -Definatley not name my rival ???

11. JD

JD Well-Known Member

UM ten years ago I was 4 and a noob and didnt know how to play but know I willtrain hard and raise pokemon I like

12. ShinyLucario

ShinyLucario Team Gracidea <3

I can't think of much right now other than try to get moves on my Pokemon. >_>

13. forgustio

forgustio Well-Known Member

I will yet again start with Totodile, I doubt i will grab the same team, I will just do what I always do, look for pokemon that have strong evolutions and movesets so they may last longer as the game progresses, as well as decent pokemon that will help from the ongoing journey, pokemon to match gym leaders and such. I may go for the hoothoot but pidgey will probably be better for later in the game as i think pidgeot is stronger than noctowl maybe. And yeah no geodude this time for me, done so oh so many times lol, but it may be worth it as golem is a real toughy. If they add in DPPt pokemon in the johto dex or maybe RSE in then I will look into them as well, so i suppose it depends on the range of pokemon that we are provided with. Oh i hope they have that mareep in after the first gym, oh those glorious times with the ampharos with the thunderpunch :D

14. Tf5174

Tf5174 Well-Known Member

No More Being A Noob :D
    actually take my time and not rush
    try to build a good team

15. milo05

milo05 has no status =3

Well...i'll buy HeartGold and choose Totodile as my starter, just as the old times....

16. Zatch 89

Zatch 89 Well-Known Member

The only thing Im gonna do different is use and train the pokemon that I like instead of using ones that I know will beat Gym Leaders and the E4.

17. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

I am not going to name my rival ??? this time.
    I'll choose Chikorita.
    I won'tt be a noob this time :D

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  18. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

When i was playing crystal i rele wanted a phanpy and teddiursa early on. wen i was lookin for phanpy there was GEODUDES poping up everywhere! plus all the phanpys ran away! well wen i finally caught one i started searchin fir teddiursa in dark cave. they always ran away! and 90% of the time a GEODUDE poped up! I HATE GEODUDES SO MUCH NOW! any way this time im not gonna look for pokemon in places that also hav GEODUDES!

19. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

NOT be a noob.
    levels are gonna be even this time around

and relive the dream team i had going!
    Typhlosion
    Feraligator
    Meganium
    Ampharos
    (insert Ho-Oh or Lugia here)
    (insert Ho-Oh or lugia here)

or i could have 2 ho-ohs like last time!

20. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

When i was playing crystal i rele wanted a phanpy and teddiursa early on. wen i was lookin for phanpy there was GEODUDES poping up everywhere! plus all the phanpys ran away! well wen i finally caught one i started searchin fir teddiursa in dark cave. they always ran away! and 90% of the time a GEODUDE poped up! I HATE GEODUDES SO MUCH NOW! any way this time im not gonna look for pokemon in places that also hav GEODUDES!