• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

LimeStar

In one i'll name my rival ??? for old times sake, and in the other, he shall be Crocbum, because i was a mature child, and thats what i called him in Crystal (and i have decided that that shall be my rival's name in Platinum too)
I wont name myself Ash, and i might not name myself Lime, like i do now... i need a new identity!
I wont have a party of my feraligator 5 times, then the red gyarados, and occasionally lugia.

I'll probably even keep my original moveset, which was something like hydro pump, ice punch, crunch and I think slash.

markoboy123

umbreon!!!
i won't name my rival ??? like i did a million times or something.
i'll catch the first pokemon i see(when i have pokeballs)
i won't use a hoothoot or pidgey, this time its togetic/kiss's turn.
i wotn be a noob, yay!
i'll use my masterball properly. not on a, i think it was a beedrill. it didnt want to go in it.
i'm gonna use the elemental punches this time.
i'm gonna try to do this whole list wich is too long to read.

Red_hawk

Mudkip Trainer
I'm probably going to try and actually ev train my pokemon i've never done that before, also im going to try not to rush through the game. (yes I was one of those kids that played the game none stop for 15 hours straight until I had all 16 badges.)

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I was so young back when G/S were released, I don't remember much besides my original team of Tyhplosion, Rapidash, Crobat, Lugia, and Scizor. Haha.

But now that I know more about the games, I plan on:

- Soft resetting for a shiny starter. Most likely Chikorita.

- Soft resetting for Ho-oh and Lugia. Perhaps even the legendary dogs.

- NOT over-levelling my Pokemon. I'm tired of having my Pokemon ten levels over the opponents Pokemon and taking everything out in one hit. I might actually have them underlevelled to keep things interesting.

Wolverine13

Weapon X
I never finished the unown dex. If they have that type of dex in the remakes then I'm going to finish it.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I was pretty young when I play G/S/C and I looked at it. (My file is STILL there!) I did pretty okay! My team was:

Silver:
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Executor
Politoed
Wobbuffet
Crobat

Crystal:
Feraligatr
Ursaring
Sudowoodo
Arcanine
Jynx
Skarmory.

But anyways, I will have different teams...

Like I said, I was a kid at the time. I named my rival Jerk and Poopyface. *hides in shame* So this time, I'll choose better names.

I'll be named Tim on Heart Gold
And Amanda on Soul Silver
My rival will be named Steven in both... though that's up for change...

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
Try and actually CATCH Pokemon
Stop training my starter so much

Trade pokemon.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
- Have an All-Johto Team
- Finish Unown Dex
- Finish Johto Dex
- Finish National Dex
- Recreate my Dark Team
- Maybe play with the 'Set' Battle type option (Basically unable to switch pokemon after you KO an opponent)

It's going to be busy...

DarkZBoy

POKEMON
- Have an All-Johto Team
- Finish Unown Dex
- Finish Johto Dex
- Finish National Dex
- Recreate my Dark Team
- Maybe play with the 'Set' Battle type option (Basically unable to switch pokemon after you KO an opponent)

It's going to be busy...

Your EXACTLY MY BROTHER. O.O
Guessing your dark team will contain Tyranitar?

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
Your EXACTLY MY BROTHER. O.O
Guessing your dark team will contain Tyranitar?

Yea.

- Umbreon (Dark)
- Tyranitar (Dark/Rock)
- Sharpedo (Dark/Water)
- Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
- Cacturn (Dark/Grass)
- Weavile (Dark/Ice)

Subsitutes

- Spiritomb (Dark/Ghost)
- Honchkrow (Dark/Flying)
- Drapion (Dark/Poison)

basically all dark types, each with a different secondary type, though I have been training an Absol to add to the roster.

And back to the topic: I might try and capture all the PKMN of the Johto dex before beating the Elite4 if possible.

Gold.Silver

LOVE's The Best DRUG
well 10 years ago I was a noob so I didn't do it quite good, I'll get an espeon and an stantler and hoothoot cos I always chose pidgey!

Chimchar15

I want an all Johto team. I know i'm definately getting Cyndaquil as my starter and Hoothoot for my flying type. The rest is still in the works.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
I allway used to catch pidgeys and only train my starters
I also used ho-oh alot
All this has to change

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
Make a new Silver team:

Thyflosion
Ampharos
Tyranitar
Ursaring
Octillary
new.. Hunchkrow

and catch a lot of pokemon befor the Elite 4

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
I will do this:

- Not Train only starter
- Make no team with six cloned feraligatr's
- make a new team
- catch al unown's
- catch and not beat the beasts
- not wait for battle the elite four because i was afraid of the unknown e4 ( i waited days!!!)
- not train a weedle
- i will catch that ho-oh !!!!

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
I will:
- Not train my starter alone
- Will train up Togepi's line
- Will train up a mareep
- Won't depend on legendaries the most
- Catch Misdreavus and train her up
- Catch a Murkrow
- Make eevee make a new eevee (with a good nature) for espeon, instead of training up the first eevee I get.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I was actually pretty good back in 2000. I'll probably stick to having Pidgeot, Furret and Seadra being my HM slaves (Muaha!), stick to having Typhlosion in my team, and keep my rival as Jensen for old time's sake (lawls I'm one of the few who didn't call him '???').

What would I change...that's a difficult question. Using a Togetic more, maybe?