• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Ill not be a noob like i was 10 years ago.
Not train my starter to be like 50 lvs higher.lol
Catch diferent pokemon.
Keep my team around the same level.

Hopefully I can do these things.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
I'm thinking about training a Crobat this time, along with an Umbreon.

And I'm definately not going to release the shiny Red Gyarados. :)

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
Well theres not alot of things on my list.
1.Train my pokemon to be equal lvl.Did this on Gold and Typhlosion was already lvl 79 and the next highest lvl was 28 o_O
2.USe pokemon that are Super affective.I started doing this since d/p/p.
3.Not knock out Shiney Garados -_-
So this is what ill do differently.

Ultima0071

Pokemon Collector
1. Train all my pokemon equally. My story is pretty similar to the guy above me. Luckily my Ho-Oh was pretty high a level :p
2. NOT give my main pokemon HM moves.
3. NOT rush through the game, as it takes away from the already lacking storyline.
4. Catch USEFUL pokemon, and not random ones whenever I feel like it.
5. NOT rushing into Mt. Silver only to find my *** whooped by Red XD

Heart Gold

Ho-oh Blasts you off
i will get 6 ho-oh by trading clones of lugia 8D in Diamond
and My Ho-oh will blast Red's *** off >8D RUN to your mommy!

Last edited:

[Paper Snow]

MNU spreads lies
This time, I will...

» Not think that Quick Attack/Ember/Flame wheel/Flamethrower was an awesome moveset for a Typhlosion.

» Face the Elite 4 with a team better than a L.61 Typhlosion, L.31 shiny Gyarados, L.40 Ho-Oh, L.23 Electrode, L.20 Sudowoodo, and a L.33 Ursaring

» Make sure any Umbreon I use actually has a Dark-Type move.

» Get a Kingdra. Because I now can.

m190049

Local psychopath
[Paper Snow];9734837 said:
» Not think that Quick Attack/Ember/Flame wheel/Flamethrower was an awesome moveset for a Typhlosion.
For the record; Flamethrower is probably one of Typhlosion's best moves.

Anyway, I'm going to try and use new pokes I haven't before, like most people.

I'm going to play it more like I did in Emerald/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
When I played Gold + Crystal a long time ago, I really didn't know how to play. =/

I had my starter 20 levels higher than all my others, I had a legendary or two, and that I pretty much just had the highest level Pokemon I could find with my box that could use the HMs I didn't have access to. And, I had crap movesets. That repeated types.

You know. What most 5-year-old's and up doing (and some older ones as well).

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
if there will be some extra battlesections added to that game i will most likely be found there often. everybody can do the storymode battles i need a challenge in the games i play.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
if there will be some extra battlesections added to that game i will most likely be found there often. everybody can do the storymode battles i need a challenge in the games i play.

Exactly, even though Im still working on the Platinum Frontier, Id like to see a Frontier added to the remakes. They left out one of my favorites- the Pyramid!

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i'm choosing chikorita and then going to catch a hoppip to train!

PARGON

Keep all of my Pokemon at equal levels (I've had no problems with this in Pearl), train my favorites and catch them as soon as I can, use a decent team (I'm not too great at this, but I have some multiplayer team ideas, but single player will be all about my faves).

Suicidal Tacobell

It's Raining Erasers
Obviously have a different team. New starter, time to put Chikortia to the test and also a spearow as my bird pokemon will be nice to try. Lookin' forward to when it evolves into a Spearow.

Sevy <3 Rosan

Nature, hear my call
10 years ago i was a pro, i EV trained all my pokémon and that.

So now i'm going to be a noob, catch cute pokémon the trainers in anime have, waste my master ball, have horrible movesets etc

silver249

Alright, I am going to:
NOT kill Lugia under the logic that I already have Ho-oh so there's no point.
Balance my team instead of having every member at least 10 lvls apart
NOT waste loads of ultra balls trying to catch the elite four's pokemon

Ya, those were just some of the stupid things I did playing silver

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
just choosing different team
Train my POkemon very early in the game...

(a Typhlosion before Falkner)

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What will I do differently? Well, that all depends on what Pokemon are available in the wild pre-Elite Four. But mostly, I'll raise my team to counteract the Rival's team. And if I can get a Houndoom earlier, well then, so much the better.

EDIT: And you know a Typhlosion wouldn't obey you before you fight Falkner, right?

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I'm going to take more than one pokemon through the game. It was not until R/S/E that showed me the error of my ways, lol. I think I will make an effort to take a team of four, or a really good team of two....But I'll aim for four!
Not be a n00b, like almost everyone here has said. Good old n00b memories...
Not be under leveled. I used to just run through an area because it annoyed me, thus I would end up being massively under leveled and I would spend the next day trying to catch up. Not advisable.
Man I used to be such a bad trainer, lol.

Spncrbrrtt

O BLOCK
I'm going to raise a Jumpluff and a Kingdra.
I'm not going to waste my masterball, like I did back in the day.
I'm going to trade over an UT shiny for my main team like Wobbuffett or Swellow. But most likely I'll go with Pinsir or Nidorino.
I'm really going to pay attention to Natures this time, especially with my cyndaquil.