• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Torpoleon

I'm going to have a more planned out team and be beter prepared.

-Distribute levels better. I've always been horrible with that.
-Catch a flying Pokemon early on. I never really see the need to catch a flying Pokemon until I get HM Fly, except for when I caught Pidgeotto in Yellow.

brisngr9021

VVV Post VVV
-Not name my rival ??? ._.
-Not train my starter to level 60 and get pwnt by Lance, forcing me to train the rest starting from Violet town up >_>
-Train my FAVORITES something I haven't done since... well... RBY and GSC
-Train an even team (not likely, considering the one above this xP)
-No pulling out a lv.2 Hoothoot everytime I wanna fly (basically no HM slaves)
-No cloning my Typhlosion and expecting to own Ho-oh and catch it... ._.
-Catch 'em all (all pokemon available in the game I get)

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Choose Chikorita and level my team equally.

Oh and SR for a shiny lugia and Ho-Oh and whatever other legend I can.

chikoritalover16

Not waste my masterball on Ho-oh.
Catch more pokemon.
Play more.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I'm not overly sure what I'm going to do this time around. I know I'm going to start with Totodile, but I guess my team depends on pkmn locations, whats added and what they changed, though I might go with my team from 10 years ago for nostaliga <3

RifleAvenger

See you starside
Not iteming my way through the game like last time is a good place to start... Also while I want to choose Totodile, Chickorita is the last GS starter I don't already have. If they include the battle tower again like it was in crystal, I may actually get far this time. Finally I'll actually be smart about how I play. (Though I probally won't get it when it first comes out, I want to nearly complete platinum first)

Chimchar15

FINALLY a G/S remake! I can't wait to explore Johto once more. I going to have team changes in this game so i don't do excatly what i did in G/S.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Different

Since 4th Gen started, I have ended my habit of always starting with the Water Starter which I will do again in the remakes. I have chosen to start out with Chikorita instead of Totodile. Unlike Gold and Silver, I will raise a full fledged team instead of horribly raising my starter. Another new concept for me is to try to catch unowned Pokemon in a Pokeball besides legendaries and to only run away from wild Pokemon when I EV train.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
I was waiting for a new game (Other tht DPPt) to try and complete the Pokedex. And by complete, I mean having a physical copy of every pokemon in my PC. So I would Have to go out and catch like 3 Larvitars, and evolving one to only Pupitar, and the other to Tyranitar. They will be placed in order according to National dex.

And I must have Umbreon on my team.

NinjaBaker

I restarted my silver version (THANK GOD IT WORKS!) right now and Im gonna play through, whatever I dont get done in this game I will do in Soul Silver :p

;249;

Fisheye

Oh, I'm a star.
--- I'm not gonna name my Totodile "(my name) jr."
--- I'm not gonna leave my Mareep in the Day Care for forever and beyond.
--- I'm going to carefully pick which Pokemon I train.
--- I'm not gonna name my character after myself.
--- I'm not going to only train my starter and leave all my other Pokemon to faint.
--- I'm going to organize everything I get.
--- I will varietize the moves my Pokemon know.

Basically, I won't be a noob this time. haha

hello moto

Top of the morning
-Not name my rival ??? ._.

Contrary to what everyone else has done, i named my rival "Oak", thinking Prof. Oak would've been arrested ( who was in the lab). I plan on not doing that again.

SRing for a good natured Shiny Gyarados

Raising a Stantler and a Heracross.

Raising a pokemon that learns Mean eye, so i don't have to kill the running beasts.

finally SRing for good natured Ho-oh and Lugia.

pokefreak in qatar93

still picking totodile.
catch hoothoot rather than pidgy.
catch a phanphy.
SR for good nature (lugia/shiny gyrados).
catch a heracross.
train my mareep.
name my rival something that is not lame xD