• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Aaroniero

You read my mind a lvl 100 Feraligatr at the league isn't fun.
Plus this time i won't be 6 years old so i'll take care of my team's stats and moves.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
picking chiko (is gonna be his nick)
dont restart every time i thougt i did something wrong (but hey i was like 6)

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
I'm actually going to beat the elite 4, and do everything possible in Kanto.
I'm going to catch all the legendaries I can!
I'm planning on treating all my pokemon with respect, training them, doing wise things, instead of using training my strongest pokemon, turning it into a powerhouse, using the others, and the powerhouse as hm slaves, to where, it is impossible for me to beat the elite four. (This was always my fatal flaw, but, training should be easier, now that we have Kanto.)
Pick Cyndaquil or Totodile, instead of Chikorita, which, was, another fatal mistake, meaning, my elite four fight, was short, as, my magnenium, didn't last long. I believe I'll pick Cyndaquil, and trade over some eggs with Totodile, and a chikorita, that way, I'll have all starters, and be prepared for most anything.
I'm not going to let my little sister play my HG or my SS (planning on getting either one, or both), and, this was another fatal flaw, if she got a hold of any game of mine, she'd either delete the game and make a new one (She does things that makes it hard for me to play), and if she didn't do that, she'd do worse, like, oh, say, delete my most powerful pokemon.
I'm going to make sure that I stock up on items, and do better, so, if I make a mistake, I have enough items to delete a move, and re-learn a move.
Trade with friends, well, I had no link cable, and no friends who played pokemon, and if I had any, they didn't have a link cable.
When getting the game, I will consult my friends so that we can make a breeding ring, example, we'll trade pokemon, so that we can get all the starters, we'll breed them, and, we'll make sure that nobody has the same starters (Not too much of a problem, only happened in DP), and, with DP, we would all make a breeding ring, to where we had baby johto starters, with great moves.
I'll level all my pokemon equally (I'll try to get them all to a good level), this is my main problem in all games, as, well, I explained that my powerhouse is usually 10-30 levels above the second highest level pokemon, and that all my main pokemon end up untrained, horrible moves, or accidentally as HM slaves.
Get both Lugia & Ho-oh (rarely ever got either in a game, like, these are the hardest ones to get in all the generations, well, the hardest ones that are the main legendaries, much harder to get compared to Dialga, Palkia, Groundon, and Kyogre.)
Be careful with what moves a pokemon learns or forgets, so that I have great contest pokemon, who are underused compared to the ones recommended by the game guides. I often have my powerhouse turn into a pedigree, which is my term for, a pokemon with tons of ribbons, which are just painful to obtain (The ones I need to compete in contests for).
Develope high friendship amounts with almost all my main pokemon (As many as possible, like, my favorites, who aren't main ones, have extremely low amounts of friend ship, but, my powerhouse has a lot of friendship.)

PaniniDevotee

Pokemon Coordinator
I'm NOT going to try to catch every pokemon until later on in the game.

I am not going to bother catching every Pokemon until I finish the game.
I am not going to have a HM slave Pokemon
I am going to have an Even team who all have good moves.
I am not going to name my Rival a swear word, I will name him Silver or Kaimon...
I am actually get to the elite 4 this time ( I got lost at the waterfall)
I am going to train my favorites this time (even if I have to trade them from my Platinum game)

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
I have decided on something. I will try, TRY, to go through every gym in just one go. I am going to go through it, battle all the trainers in there and without healing, face the gym leader.
And I'm also gonna make sure that most of my Pokemon aren't female. Nothing sexist, but somehow that's how it always unfolds when I play Gold.

Icing Sugar

- The chacaters' names
- Different teams.

Waterpokes

I will try to make my team more different and not have the same Pokemon of the same type.
So my team will be covering most type. They are going to be personal favorites, so I will go for the Pokemon I like.
Also find a good name to me and my opponent.

MickX

Wanderer
- Probably do the entire adventure by walk (no Bicycle definitely except when needed; running I could do whenever I need to backtrack, but otherwise no), so I can enjoy the story part for longer.
- Have a bigger In-Game team so that I have to pull more effort to keep them equally levelled and strong for whatever comes ahead. On previous games I only trained up to 3 Pokémon and thus didn't had to spend much time levelling against Wild Pokémon, it was pretty straightforward.
- Once possible I may transfer an extra Eevee or two and maybe some other Pokémon from Diamond to join the In-Game team (I considered having at least an Umbreon and a Vaporeon, both at once, x3).
- Like with Diamond, I'll capture Ho-oh (picking HG) but won't use it on my In-Game team, especially against E4. It was amusing doing the E4 without the staple legendary to help.
- For once I'll try to capture legendaries at a decent state (at least a favourable Nature, otherwise it ends up being filler on my PC Boxes). Using Synchronize may help, and I hope I get many Synchronizers ready before Ho-oh and the plethora of legendaries that await.

And that's all, I guess.

Going to try to do as much as possible the same way, will add suffixes to my original party's names which were so looooong ago and use the same pokemon and moveset... except that I have trouble recalling my team, plus when my cartrage blanked out one day the save file was deleted somehow

But otherwise I'll remain as nostalgic as possile

Last edited:

berty106

You read my mind a lvl 100 Feraligatr at the league isn't fun.
Plus this time i won't be 6 years old so i'll take care of my team's stats and moves.

copy that! my only ever lv. 100 >_> not worth it!!

this time, when i get to the elite 4, there will be no room for a lv.5 hoothoot cos i liked my starter so much :p
aaand, it will not have scary face cos it sounded awesomecool xD

TheSykes16

Syksies Forev
This time I'll raise a growlithe xD I just couldnt find a firestone last time. Hope they dont forget to include it xD

Airik

Slowking's Anarchy
Im going to change my starter from cydaquil to chikorita 'cause I want a challenge
not name my red gyarados "snaky"(was like 5 years old)
try to catch my legendaries in normal pokeballs instead of masterballs

EeveeSkitty

Pokemon.
-I won't ditch my starter, lol.
-I'm going to pick up every item and do every sidequest but I did that already...
-Not being cheap and cloning a load of Master Balls to catch everything :p
-Try to use the new Apricorn made Pokeballs to catch my main team Pokemon
-I'll have the best team in terms of type coverage at the Elite 4(Dark, Fire, Water, Ice, Electric and Psychic cover everything apart from Umbreon and later, Absol)
-Not use Ho-oh for my main team
-Not to transfer my Lv100's from Platinum to sweep the game
-Buy more RageCandyBars!
-Actually give Kenya to that person...but clone her first XD

Dragonking

Hmm well my first game was Crystal which I loved. I don't think I'll trade for the Onix in Cherrygrove if it's there, but everything else I would do the same just for nostalgia.

Dattebayo

Banned
Unlike what I did in my Gold version, I'm gonna start catching as many pokemon as I can to obtain data.

Waterpokes

I would catch shinies when I have the chance.
Remember that I ran away from a shiny Zubat.
Have a team of 6 and only get the Pokemon you can get from other trainers, also two reserves and a two HM slaves.

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
I'm going to pick Totodile probably and I'll train all my Pokémon very well. With this I mean I'll make sure every Pokémon I have will be around the same level as the others all the time.

[Ampharos]

They best be trollin
Not have four normal types, my starter and Ampharos
Name my character Kamon for nostalgic purposes.
Not hit my console against the car so that the game gets corrupted -_-;;