• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
This time I shall; Train a Pidgey. - HAHA! I wanted to in Platinum but of course you had to get the national dex to catch one. I don't really lke Hoothoot overmuch, and I'm pretty sure in the origional I taught Togetic fly. Because I had no concept of HM slaves. ~ How backwards to everyone else.
This time I shall not let the day system rule me, if I want a ledyba I shall change the time myself. D< - Also applies to Lapras and this new gym leader thingy.

.Latias.

.:peaceful~dreamer:.
I plan on not freaking restarting the game every few weeks. :( Must be some perfectionist/OCD thing I have going on. XD; But seriously, I want to start the game once I get it, and continue on through to the end, since I have rarely ever fully completed a Pokemon game. :x I also plan on just using my favorites, not just whatever Pokemon will get me through the game the quickest/easiest.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
Gonna use alot of TM(I rarely ever use them before^^)

im getting ampharos as my electric and maybe i'll keep togepi this time and evolve it into togetic for a flyer.
this time im actually going to trade with another game!
btw can anyone tell me when you can trade with DPpt in HgSs?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Gonna use alot of TM(I rarely ever use them before^^)

Yes I am going to do that too. Especially with Slowking, I'm teaching it Ice Beam this time via TM.
Probably I will end up teaching Ampharos Thunder earlier with a TM too.

derik

« EPICNESS!!!!!!!
iam working on a competitive battleing team
for the first time.

DSDark

Breeder
play smarter, when I played G and C it was when they first came out so I was pretty young, so i wasn't the smartest person, and i didn't know how to get all the pokemon at that point.

squlicky4

im going to get a chikarita and actually train my pokemon because i usually dont train anything but my starter :p

48Elmaxo16

Hauu!!!
umm, I'll avoid training just my starter this time (yay!) and i"ll catch a flaffy since it's probably smartest.
most likely do a really quick run through of the whole game first then restart and do it at a slower pace.

1) Name my rival ???. I never did that and it sounds cool.
2) Not sneak past all the trainers I can.
3) Trade over a Macho Brace from Platinum and use it throughout the game so my team will be at least semi-competitive (which is all I do normally anyway).
4) Actually train so I can beat the gym leaders without turning off the game several times.
5) NOT rely on the in-game trade for Machop to beat Jasmine.
6) Trade my entire team over in egg form from Platinum at the earliest chance I get. Well, maybe not ALL, but at least some.
7) Actually beat Red. Seriously, I always got my butt kicked.
8) When I fight Red, use types to my advantage (I.E. Send out a fighting type or a pokemon with a reliable fighting move to deal with Snorlax instead of just throwing random moves at it and hoping it dies).
9) Pick a starter other than Cyndaquil...ok, so I lied. Gotta love Cyndaquil.
10) Not waste my Master Ball on Suicune. Every time I played.
11) Catch Entei and Raikou without using a Master Ball.
12) Catch all the Legendaries the game has to offer.
13) Not erasing a shiny Totodile because I was bored with the save.

That's all I can think of now.

STICKTOPIA

In my pokemon silver i always trained my starter only. It was successful b/c i had my full restores and revives. Once I started to play pokemon Pearl, when I reached the pokemon league, I realized that "the making only ur starter strong has come to an end." So in conclusion what I'll be doing differently is not making only my starter pokemon strong. I will not name my rival ???. I won't take a while to find strength and I will not take forever to find waterfall.

Last edited:

Zilpo the Armaldo

Nichibotsu is mine!
I personally wanted to be as close to my orignal run through Silver without being a total n00b. I've been mildly successful... I still had a Feraligatr before Whitney though =P Aaaaand my Feraligatr still has a 20 level lead above my other Pokemon XD

coolkakos

probably just somthing like a different team. And finish through kanto for sure :p
And i remember searching for dunsparce for such a long time after i encountered him once, but i never used him... i want to use him on my team this time around...

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
I'll battle every trainer. I'll pick up every item I see. I'll talk to every NPC. I'll keep my pokémon at the same levels. I'll roflstomp Red. Soooo much different from when I played Crystal way back then.

Savior Star Dragon

Call me Star.
well....i have a silver version that
wont save unless the consol dies
(frustrating!) so i have all the time in
the world...this is wat i do now:

- before battling rival, train pokemon
to lv 7-10
- get all items. Go over everything
again with itemfinder.
-trade all good pokemon to a game
that WILL save.

ok...wat will i do differently in the
new game...hmmm.......:::

- before battling rival, evolve starter.

- before gym, train pidgey/hoohoot
till evolution.

- trade for an onix. ( i always forget )

ill add some later...

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i've decided instead of hoothoot i'm going to raise a pidgey

lucario the great one

me too,in my silver version i relied on just my starter and kepy any pokes i wanted to train in the day care and go back and get them when i reached the poke league

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
Not name my rival ???, for one. ._.;

i did that after i FINNALY got out of the first route! (took me a month with lv.80 typhlosion)
i think i'll get past it this time ^_^;