• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Luxray101

I'll buy SoulSilver, call myself Gold, call my rival Silver and choose Totodile as my starter

Mercutio

Galaxy Master Kush
I won't be getting an Umbreon; while its my favourite pokemon, its not the best tank/wall for in game, especially since Johto has a fair few others to capture.

I will probably get a Geodude though- I've had one in pretty much every pokemon game since the dawn of time.

Might capture a Growlithe...

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I'll probably use Pokémon I've never used before or haven't in a long time.

I'm also not going to use any Legendaries(I decided this after posting my possible team in another thread). I'll keep 'em for show.

hobby

Pretty much taking the generic answer of not being a noob here. That means, good movesets, equal raising of pokemon and a proper team the whole way through, While I am emulating my old team I am still adjusting it to make one that actually can do something and not just rely on huge level gaps for kills...

Xiphos

Fire trainer of kaos
Probably name my rival whatever it was in the manga

- stick with Cyndaquil and send over to platinum once i'm done training it
- Probably send a Growlithe egg over from platinum (Growlithe/Arcanines are my signature pokemon)
- try to get whatever Johto pokemon i forgot existed
- not be a noob and get things done the RIGHT way

Isao

Pokémon Breeder
Instead of choosing Chikorita this time around, I'll choose Cyndaquil.
I'll still use the Togepi egg.
If the Odd Egg is re-released, I'll use whatever Pokémon hatches from it, regardless of what it is.
Then I'll base my team around that.

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
On one version I'll be choosing chikorita and the other I will be choosing Cyndaquil.
This time around I'll probably not do what I did when it came out have my starter pokemon at level 60-80 and ampharos at that too with everyone else being level 15-20.
And my last silver game my team is Kadabra-level 50, Chikorita- level 50, Vulpix- level 47, Lapras- level 50, Ampharos- level 32 dratini- level 26. I still don't know how I managed to beat the elite 4 with that team.
I'll probably use different pokemon on my team this time around.

-I'll probably still choose Chikorita as my starter in Soul Silver. And Cyndaquil or Totodile in Heart Gold.
- I'll try to raise an Onyx
- Not have one pokemon 80 levels higher than everyone else.
- I'll try to raise pokemon I have never used or hardly used.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
Hmm, this is actually pretty hard to determine right now... seeing as we don't really know what new we have to work with. Plus I can't even remember what I did back in the day playing these games.

I guess try and appreciate it more than I did as a kid??

It has been so long since I have played, that I can't say what I will do differently or not. As for what I will do, I am going to try and not pick a Chikorita the first time around. I might actually try and make a well balanced team and raise them right instead of letting them waste away in my boxes....I am not going to bypass all the trainers this time around. Standard things I should have done the first time, but refused to do.

But aside from that, I can't say much on the account of not being able to remember and we don't know the mechanics yet.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I'll be choosing Totodile because I've realized that I like him/her more than I liked Cyndaquil, which I thought I HAD to choose because fire was my favorite type.
I was so young, I thought you had to name your rival RED or else you would lose the game. I guess I didn't understand the concept of a 'rival'. I'll probably call him Paul.
I'm not getting an Umbreon, because I like Espeon better.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Well, my first game of the GSC generation was Pokemon Gold. So this time, I think I'm going to change up and buy Soul Silver first (I'll probably get both in the long run though).
Also, my first starter in the GSC generation was Cyndaquil, and this time I think I am going to choose Totodile.
Plus, I'm actually going to train up a full team and not only train up my starter :p

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I'll be choosing Totodile because I've realized that I like him/her more than I liked Cyndaquil, which I thought I HAD to choose because fire was my favorite type.
I was so young, I thought you had to name your rival RED or else you would lose the game. I guess I didn't understand the concept of a 'rival'. I'll probably call him Paul.
I'm not getting an Umbreon, because I like Espeon better.

EDIT : Oh yeah, Lugia was once my favorite pokemon. I recal wanting to marry it because I thought it was a girl (oh my god the things I would say). So I'm getting Soul Silver!

Larry

I am definetly going to face at least 90% of all trainers so i don't lose out on all of the extra experience.

King Wulfharth

Divine Wonder...
I really not gonna change much still picking totodile and hunting forever for a larvitar the rest will be random no hoothoot as my bird pokemon though

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I'm gonna play the game like I played it back then. I'm gonna name the character after myself and name my rival after a friend. As for the starter, I'll be going with Totodile. Once I get my starter and some pokeballs, I'll catch all the Pokemon in the areas I go to. It should be fun.

shadow_wolf

Im gonna probably make a team of avoided pokemon eg sentret and am gonna battle every trainer in the game which i still dont do.

Umbreonic_Pulse

#1 Umbreon Fanatic
First off, I'm planning on getting it first day it comes out. Second, I'll be purchasing Heart Gold (I already had Silver).

But I'll be changing my Rival's name from "Iiznub" to something a little more or less insulting. I'll be changing my starter to Meganium (that's the one I've never actually started with), and I'll have a more unique team instead of a "standard" team or generic team. Plus, I may actually TRY to catch all of the pokemon, instead of giving up when I reach 100...

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I've never played Crystal,Gold or Silver...

But,I am buying Crystal,so I suspect I'll just get different Pokemon,access the new areas,and do do everything I do on any other 4th generation Pokemon game.