• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Aurath8

I'm planning my team but always get stuck on my last two pokemon. So far Typholsion, Heracross, Ampharos and Espeon are certainly in my team but the last 2 moveslots are is hard. One'll be a water type like gyrados but Slowbro is easier to catch but its slow and starmie are hard to find pre-elite four. Plus it means that I don't need Espeon but that's guaranteed anyway. The last moveslot could be almost anything. Mamoswine, Nidoking, Usaring, Lucario, Donphan, Golem, Crobat, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Psuedo-legendary, Ho-oh or Tauros. Post-Elite 4 I could add Slaking and Togekiss as well. As this is my first game I don't know much on pokemon but I do know that the Johto pokedex is the largest around by far.
What I will do differently I don't know. Maybe I'll use the Safari Zone to get pokemon like Aggron or try a speed run. At this point i'm trying to keep my options as wide as possible. The only thing I'm certain of is not using any legendaries except Ho-oh who I'm forced to fight to progress in the game(I think). My friend is training a team full of legends that pwn everything he comes accross even though they are pretty much freshly caught with a few overpowered TMs whacked on them.

tSeka

Holy ****, how'd you get a heracross?

Saiki

Well, this time I decided that I wouldn't use any legendaries, and that I would only use native Johto Pokemon.

To be honest, I didn't find Lugia all that useful the first time around, so it's not like it made much of a difference.

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
I used Pokemon that I've never used before.

Current complete team:
Feraligatr
Mamoswine
Togekiss
Vileplume
HM Slaves:
Red Gyarados
Bellsprout

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The things i will do differently are i will pick Cyndaquil instead of Tododile.I am going to catch a Pidgey instead of Hoothoot. I will catch the legendaries.Used to kill them for levelling up >.< I raised a well balenced team. And not waste my Masterball on Ho-Oh. And get a good natured Ho-oh and Shiny Gyaradose.

Vereist

Amateur Breeder
Hmmm. I always pick Totodile for sentimental reasons.

I used Noctowl, Jumpluff, Feraligatr, RG, Sandshrew for getting through the first eight badges. I just grabbed a few of my favorites off my pearl for the elite four, and mixed and matched a team after that.

Shimama

.the~desert~spirit.
I'm already a little ways into the game, but there are some things I have done/will do differently. First, I won't keep Pokemon I don't plan on training (except for legendaries, events, or shinies). I don't like to clutter my PC Boxes with Pokemon I'm never going to use. So if I catch them solely for filling up my Pokedex, I release them right away.

I also am training each Pokemon I have properly, keeping them on the same level, rather than only raising my starter as I did when I first got Silver way back. :/

I'm also NOT going to restart the adventure I'm on. I had a massive problem with this in all my past Pokemon games. I would get maybe halfway through the game (if I was lucky) before I would (kinda compulsively :x) restart from the beginning.

I don't really know why I did this. I guess I liked the feel of a new adventure? But still, I want to raise awesome Pokemon and finish the gosh dang game. D:< So far so good, though. :> I have too many awesome Pokemon to restart now anyways, so no worries there.

idioteque

Well first, I'm playing the game in English instead of Japanese. :D I made my mom order Silver from Japan for me when it came out, and didn't know ANY Japanese! So this gives me a huge advantage there, as I can read the storyline now. I WON'T be gamesharking Celebi into my game this time around though, seeing as how this is a DS and it's not available currently.

Basically, I don't feel like I'm doing much differently other than being better at the game in general after playing all of the other ones. Oh, and I didn't waste all of my time trying to turn Eevee into Umbreon (wasn't it Blacky in the original G/S English versions?) or any other incarnation for that matter. Haha. Silver was always my favorite. ^_^

GilligBoi

I'm going to go after the legendary dogs. I did not have any patience when I was 11 lol.

DarkLucario1000

I'll try a lot(and I mean A LOT) of teams combinatios... And re-battle the E4 just to test the new team and...Try some moves combinations that I never tried before... And explore all of the caves of the game(it's fun, trust me :D).