• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

smartie

Use pokemon I never used before:
Ursaring, Jumpluff, Ampharos, Typhlosion, Umreon and I might switch Pidgeot for Noctowl. Then I have all pokemons I never used before.

Another thing I'm going to do differently: don't call my pokemon dumb names!

Mimori Kiryu

- Actually use nicknames that are related to the pokemon, such as names that are synonyms to their natures
- Train more than just my starter (what can I say, I was 10)
- Use more than just the pokemon at the beginning of the game
- Worry about catching all the pokemon at the beginning of the game instead of near the end when my pokemon are too strong and I can't stand using the older pokemon that are at lower levels

Yeah, that's about it.

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
-Not calling my rival Ass.
-Not cloning my level one hundred feraligatr.
-Not accidentally deleting my game, then crying about it for a month.

(That last one actually happened. I WAS NINE OKAY!?!?)

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Give them nicknames like Omega or Alpha Gfad...

WhyteMage

Raising more than one pokemon. Sure, it was fun ripping through the trainers with my waaay overlevelled Typhlosion, but when I got to Clair, and her double fire-resist Kingdra, alot of rage was had by me. Also, I'm not using my master ball on Ho-oh.
That's about it really.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー
I am actually going to take the time to appreciate the games instead of rush them(not that I did that in the originals). I am going to enjoy each and every aspect of the remakes from start to finish. I will also use the same team that I used in my gold version (see signature), and I am going to capture dratini in the dragon's den instead of buying dratini from golden rod city.

Poke'Dude

Poke'Expert
The only thing I can think of right now to do differently is......
NEVER LET MY LITTLE SISTER USE MY DARN GAMEBOY EVER AGAIN!!!
Had to restart that darn Silver version three times........
Oh and I WON'T bring over my level 100's from my red blue and yellow versions. it makes the games WAY too easy.

The only thing I can think of right now to do differently is......
NEVER LET MY LITTLE SISTER USE MY DARN GAMEBOY EVER AGAIN!!!
Had to restart that darn Silver version three times........
Oh and I WON'T bring over my level 100's from my red blue and yellow versions. it makes the games WAY too easy.
You couldn't bring Pokemon over from RGBY even if you wanted to.

KKInu

I will

not kill red gyarados

not train only one pokemon (my typholsion was so strong I slaughtered Misty's water pokemon with fire attacks....... but alot of good that did when I tried to fight Red's blastoise -_-' all my other pokemon were level 40 or UNDER)

not give my pokemon nicknames that sound like I was just scraping for anything

make a balanced team

not use a master ball on an AIPOM (dumbest thing I ever did)

actually try to catch Lugia and Ho-oh

not give my rival a nickname made up of letters I randomly clicked on (his name was.....Cralfan or something, wutduhhek?)

probably try to transfer over Chikorita from whatever game isn't my main (likely HG, Silver was my main game back when it first came out so SS is what I want to play). I always start with Cyndiquil

Poke'Dude

Poke'Expert
Ah but now I have D/P/PT And FR/LG And R/S/E
so I'm not sending my higher lvls over.
gonna be a complete No-help game

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
hav decent moves coz of new physical/special atk specifications. get all 3 starters. not be a noob. no level 70s knowing scratch still. and train more.
hopefully, unlike gold or silva, the memory wont crash weneva i turn off...

RachelRach00

Lieks Mudkips
i'll probably have a different starter and use different pokemon than the usual. mix it up a bit.

dulden

Dragon Master
im gonna choose cyndaquil instead of totadile.

I'm probably going to do everything different from Crystal except for the fact that I'm most likely picking Chikorita.

- Better, more balanced team.
- Training my Pokemon equally.
- Use Pokemon I've never used before.
- NOT use legendaries on my team unless there aren't any better Pokemon of that type.
- Don't use the Masterball on a stationary Pokemon.
- Work on my Pokedex.
- Don't catch every letter Unown unless I get something good out of it.

HarukaShuuFan986

Ish stunned...
- Choosing Chikorita instead of Cyndaquil
- Not letting my sister borrow the game and "accidentaly" deleting it again.
- Raise all my Pokemon to level 100 without hacking.
- Completing the Kanto and Johto Pokedex. (I didn't finish 'em 'cause I was too bored to do it)
- Don't waste Masterball on Lugia or Ho-Oh.
- Instead of calling my rival "*******" I'll call him "Silver"

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I'll go NFE.

grounder

*sneezes*
I won't run a magnet over the game cart, that's for sure. :p
Um... Right now I don't think I'll do anything differently when playing the game, but I might do something different when I actually play the game. All the new stuff has me interested.. I hope Kanto isn't as suckish as it was in the GBC version.