• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

torterra275

Runescapian
Prob The Same

Well Im Probaly Still Gonna Keep My Starter and do what i do in most pokemon games. Blow through with my starter. But for the elites ill trad over some strong ones from my Pkmn Pearl. So Still Pretty Much The Same. Ill Prob Pick Cyndaquil as my starter 155

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
I will make every effort to understand what I am doing, and not just button mash my way to victory. This will be additionally harder due to the Japanese characters.

Snorky the Snorlax

Insect swarmer
Pika Power you made my eyes hurt

I'm NOT going to name my rival ???, thats a mistake I made since I was rather young and thats what he said... I'm not ONLY going to train my starter, I think I'll get myself a Spinarak... And NOT look at "Pika Power's" font since it burns my retinas...

Cobalt_Latios

First off, I'm probably going to trade over a few pokes from my Platinum game (Latios and Lucario... probably), as well as not do as much grinding. Think of a team to go with and stick with it. Basically, I've learned what to do and what not to do. And I think that's going to really help in the long run.

Oh, and I'm not going to have your typical normal type HM slave. If I do, I'm "importing" a Bibarel for that purpose.

<C_L>

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm not going to nickname my Pokemon predominantly after anime characters. Man, I was a weeaboo. Still, I did love Ayeka the Vileplume.

Bebop

Maybe choose Totadile for my starter. [I always choose Chirkorita in the past but that didn't work well]. And change my team mostly to fit around.

Totodile, Mareep, Milktank, Zubat, and Sunkern.

Is it just me, or my team looks pretty girly except for Totodile and Zubat?

Mewten150

Well i will get cyndiquil as my starter, and i will try to get a different team as b4.
i will constently rematch gyms

F@lc0-san

Be preparded.
I have already bred the team in my sig on Platinum(Except for Meganium, that'll be my ingame starter)

Now I'll just have to collect Heartscales and BP for all the TMs and Move Tutor moves to really pump them out with decent moves.

Gonna take a while, but it keeps me busy till I get my games.

Fofa

Thunder Trainer
Let's see:
Get a female Chikorita
Have Dewgong rather than Quagsire and for my ground have Nidoqueen

That's about it, really.

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
Well, aside from using some Pokemon I've never used before, I'm going to play the whole main game under battle style SET to up the challenge a little.

Johto-Master

well, i'm still gonna pick feraligatr but i wont have this team any more
feraligatr hydro pump, surf, slash whirlpool
lugia hydro pump rain dance future sight fly
suicune surf, icy wind, and other stuff...
politoed all i remember is surf and ice punch
lapras dont remember
red gyarados dont remember
i was like 7
(reds pikachu beat them all...)

i named my rival ??? too, cuz thats his name when you fight him, and the cop asks for his name
im gonna EV train, reset till i get right natures, and catch all of the pokémon in the non-national pokédex (i've been doing this since the release of firered)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
My Gold playthrough was epic fail.

This time around, I am going to raise a balancced team, not overlevel Feraligatr. Also, Feraligatr will be the only Pokemon I keep this playthrough from my last playthrough.

I'm also getting Silver instead of Gold.

ribcage_x

I'm going to actually finish it .-.
I was young and never finished it! >.<
LOL I named the guy ??? to AHAHA XD
OH and this time im not gunna lend my game to a friend to get past certain gyms for me O:<

danzo

Master in Training
This time I am going to catch the legendary as soon as I can.. Im also gong to be working on my Pokedex from the beginning. On my first crystal I didnt catch Suicine until after I defeated all the Kanto Leaders lol! :D This time i'm going to work on movesets and trying to get an Espeon ;)

Illusione-Tempus

- Not naming my character random names ._.
- Not naming my rival ???
- Equally train my Pokemon (did this since Pearl)
- Use a slightly different team than my last Johto playthrough game... (ok, it was crystal)
- Probably use another Pokemon as my starter... (not serious, but I treat my female Togetic as my starter)

Alex Steiner

Collector
Even team (like I have since FR)
Unorthodox Pokemon (like I have since LG on my second playthroughs of a region)
Save the masterball for where I actually need it (I usually waste it on the runner, but since there are more of them I may as well keep it for an exploding shiny or something)
Not grind levels, take on gyms and other difficult bits with a level disadvantage
Maybe play on Set battle style

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
Well, I'll start with Chikorita for one, I never did back in G/S/C. I'll definitely make a different team from what I usually picked. I'll definitely catch a Sentret this time around. NOT name my rival "???" like I did last time...

Other than that, nothing really.