• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

1. I will probably choose Cyndaquil as my starter.
2. I'll actually raise a balanced team.

I also plan to Ev train for the first time. I'll Ev train and Iv breed after I beat the Elite 4 the second time. It will be a lot easier with Ditto rolling around the regions.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I don't have G,S,or,C so these will be my first Johto game.:)

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
i never really had my own copy, but my friend had a copy of silver and a copy of crystal, and i would play those(nobody else would share their game) i think i'll try to train evenly... and not name my rival ???

SixOVER22

Rockstar
Considering that I haven't had my favorite pokemon since the old days of Silver and Gold, I'm going to make sure to get my beloved Houndoom back. Second, I'm not going to start out with Cyndaquil and most likely go with Totodile this time around. Any Master Balls that I get in the game probably will not be used, as I really enjoy the challenege I using nothing stronger than an ultra ball. This time, I'm going to try my absolute hardest to actually pay attention to natures and things like that. I admit that I've never EV or IV trained, but I think I might give that a try this time around. Finally, unlike back in the days of Gameboy Color, I refuse to use any cheating devices! I've grown considerably since those days, so I'm going to do everything fair and square.

I've been out of the battle, so to speak, since I haven't really played a pokemon game completely (and enjoyed it) since Ruby version. With Heart Gold and Soul Silver FINALLY coming out, I'll be able to re-live my childhood-golden years as far as a Nintendo game goes.

Shane

Isaac4president

Pokemon Master
Well firstly I won't name my rival something offensive, make sure I don't just level cyndaquil, and trade in 3 eggs right at the start (elekid, dratini and scyther).

Grei

not the color
I don't think I'll worry about making a balanced team from the start... I'll capture and use whatever Pokemon I come across, and won't actively seek every single one of them out (unless I have one in mind or something).

I'll win with my favorites.

And, if I trade over and raise a Chimchar or a Bulbasaur, I won't evolve them to their final forms. I'll keep them as Monferno and/or Ivysaur. I won't evolve simply for power--I'll keep them in my favorite stages.

extremhyper

ow end one more thing. i will catch all pokemon with a standart pokeball (no great,ultra and this ****) well and with bug catchig pokeball and saffari ball

iRawr

I'm back!
Im Getting both, so:

Both:
Train all pokemon equally
not call my rival ??? or something like poop(i did it when i was a kid, dont hate :))

SoulSilver:
Choose a water starter for once(every generation ive been playing it was always a fire one)
Catch Hoot-Hoot instead of pigey
Getting a Larvitar
Getting a Scyther(never got one)

HeartGold:
Try to finnish the game with 1st evolution pokemon(not evolve)
Catch all legendaries and not train them.
Not using my masterball.

Thats it

Lady Umbreon

I never really liked Totodile but I'm going to give it another chance now that it has physical Water moves. I'm also going to use HM mules instead of spreading them throughout the team.

Dark7

Aura Trainer
Maybe I just get a team of the three Johto starters or maybe the Kanto starters! Then I get a Tyrannitar, Dragonite (or maybe Crobat) and a Fighting Type or Psychic Type pokemon (or maybe a pokemon with both types)

I will name my rival his real name, Silver.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i will remember what happens in the game instead of just zooming through it with no thought at all...

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
1. Not name Rival '???'
2. Have a team, not just my Lvl 100 Feraligtr and some HM Slaves (Gold >.> I was 8/9)
3. Not run around Kanto for hours being lost xD

Last edited:

oak46

Who am I?
Future HeartGold team:
;154; ;160; ;248; ;250; ;424; and probably ;243; (maybe ;493;)

Future SoulSilver team:
;157; ;245; ;249; ;404; ;463; ;464;

I'm probably gonna do both at the same time... import from Emerald to Make eggs in Platinum to trade to HG/SS (HeartGold IS STILL BETTER!)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'll ask questions in the HGSS Help Thread instead of wondering in the game aimlessly when I'm stuck.

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
I'm playing as a dude and loudly rave that "shes" a tomboy since he kinda looks a girl. I don't wanna be a female version of Mario!

I will use Pokemon other than Blissey and Dragonite for HM slaves, though they make very good ones. *grins*

I've got a very fun idea to beat the game. Since this is the first game where my pokemon will actually follow me, (Fine, I'll give Yellow some credit.) I'm going to play through the entire game with Eeveelutions. Shockingly, I've never done it before. For the first Gym, I'll just have my innocent, lill', Adamant, EV trained, specially bred, flailing, Eevee of Doom! and every gym I beat, I'll add a new Eevee to my rooster up to gym six. I won't get the other two until I go to the Kanto region! Over powered? Absolutely, but the the fact that they won't listen to me half the time during the beginning of the game should even the odds a bit.

I plan to take complete advantage of the new breeding system and use it to breed for shinies! Please work with the Matsuda method!

I will actually train my legendary dogs.

Finally, I will freehand amusing sprites of my team and stuff them in my sig! Myarg!

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I'm also going to use HM mules instead of spreading them throughout the team.

Heh I still can't pry myself away from spreading the HM's through my team the first bit around. Usually after I beat the E4 on a game though I delete the HM's (except fly and surf) then use mules from there on, but while playing through the first time I hate having to switch team members just to break a rock or something heh.

This time I will NOT knock out the Sudowoodo, and will definitely use a different team than I did back in the day heh. Not sure if I'm going to trade any over from the start though....

Remdelarem

I think im the only one that actually didnt name my rival ??? or a bad word. i was like 9 when it came out? 10 maybe. i got gold in japanese before it came out in english and raised my totodile to a croconaw cuz i thought that was what you needed to do to get past the second town lol then i was OBSESSED with crystal version. I actually played really well. pokemon was like the most important thing in my life at the time lol i had a houndoom, feraligatr, snorlax, umbreon, aerodactyl anddddddd suicune. i beat red and just chilled in the viridian forest forever cuz that music was the best. this time im going to choose cyndaquil. i always need to have scyther/scizor. i want a vaporeon this time because i remember having an ill team one of them times i played witha scyther, quilava and a vaporeon on timein crystal. but i want that team for sure. otherwise ill just see how it goes. NOT gunna get a dragonite. waste of time

Booburn92

I'll choose Totodile now that Feraligatr is the best starter(Waterfall + Earthquake + Ice Fang + Crunch ftw). I will raise a Dragonite and an Umbreon. Other than that, I won't raise a Suicune and Vaporeon both to level 100 on the same team :)