• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Tytus

Iron Islander
If you are planning on getting HeartGold/SoulSilver, what are you planning on doing differently? Pertaining to what you've previously done in Gold/Silver/Crystal, of course.

I'm going to keep my starter, but I'm planning on choosing different poke'mon for my team. Probably a Hoothoot, and probably not a Geodude this time.

Also, if they're still in there, I plan on getting more special Poke'balls.

When I first played through Gold I picked Totodile and named my rival "????". This time I will be buying SoulSilver, starting with Cyndaquil and naming my rival "Silver".

nickandhispipe

wants his own avatar
Im going to catch all of them for the first time.

Werecat

too old for this
I think I'm going to try a run without a starter this time. I'll trade Cyndaquil to my Platinum for a Houndour egg and go from there.

Only thing I'm doing differently this time is NOT getting owned by Whitney's Miltank 50,000 times...

+1 I know what you mean. Ugh it gave me so many problems. I'm back for revenge.
;)

+1 I know what you mean. Ugh it gave me so many problems. I'm back for revenge.
;)

I went in there thinking that.
And that dang'd Miltank still swiped half of my team.
Then I decided the best way to solve it was to fight fire with fire, so I traded in a Miltank egg, raised it and went head to head with it.
I won.
A small victory,
Yet I won.

MagnetonFTW

I went in there thinking that.
And that dang'd Miltank still swiped half of my team.
Then I decided the best way to solve it was to fight fire with fire, so I traded in a Miltank egg, raised it and went head to head with it.
I won.
A small victory,
Yet I won.

I totally own'd it with my ditto ^^ transform FTW

Axis

I'm going to do the following: (note I actually only RECENTLY got my silver game.)

I am NOT going to go up against the elite four with abunch of level 40's (even though I won the first time.)

I'm going to make sure to spend atleast 30 hours playing BEFORE I go up against the elite four. (Thus to make sure my pokedex is filled up more.)

I won't waste my time headbutting every single tree trying to find a heracross, I'll just trade one in and breed it.

Even though if I'm correct silver doesn't have a battle frontier. I won't even step foot into the battle frontier as I HATE IT.

I won't waste my time catching all the evolutions of pokemon.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
What I am going to do different is train my pokemon. I am not going to sit and train one pokemon the whole game like i did in the originals. I had a typhlosion at level 71 at the end and all my pokemon were in there 20s and 30s

This is what I did for every pokemon game up until Emerald (red, yellow, blue, silver, ruby). It was no suprise that i didn't beat the elite four in yellow because i always raided a nidoqueen, I couldn't do it with pikachu. This time I plan to actually train 6 pokemon as well.

KKInu

not knockout red gyarados

name my rival SOMETHING that at least sounds like a real name. I've gotten more respect for Silver over the years (and last time I just inputted random letters)

not use masterball on a pokemon I could find again.

raise a balanced team with an actually good moveset..... maybe I'll do a bit of EV training too... not gonna bother with being picky with natures, I think that's insulting to the Pokemon, it gives me the impression of picking out the "best performance" machine instead of a living thing (which pokemon are supposed to be regardless of the fact they're just data in a game) I'm gonna catch whatever I run into that I want regardless of nature.

Beat red

ENJOY MYSELF! I did last time of course, but it should definitely be on my to-do list!

Fiery gatoh

The cat crazy queen
I'm going to make my team out of my favorite pokemon, rather than just the ones I think will help me when battling others. Perhaps it is foolish, but it'd be a fun way to play ;D

well, im doing things a bit differently to you guys.

what i hate is having only a team of 6 when ive got so many favourites, so ive comprised a list ok pokemon that i will be constantly rotating around so as to have a diverse field of choices, while also stopping me from rushing ahead. The list stands at 25 :S although only about 17 i can get before the 4th gym.

Also ive always felt that gym battles were easy (aside from whitney....)..so ive decided that i will battle them on an even playing ground, matching their number of pokemon. Should make it more challanging!

And as always, i catch the legendaries but never use them in battle.

El Deadlito

The Amis
I'm going to

Plan everything. When I get access to trade, I will get myself egg of scyther with the eggmoves I want and few other pokes with EV training items and choice band/life orb, pokerus and tms I might need. THEN I proceed to EV this scyther of mine, teach it tms if necessary, then go pwn.

I won't ever evolve it, because I got bet with this friend of mine that if he can beat me in 3 battles, I reward him. These battles are always held after both of us finish some gym. Both of us use only BL,UU or NU pokes. I will level every pokemon same amount, but Im only going to EV my scyther. I will always carry alot of pokeballs (Damn random appearing rare pokemon with no pokeballs with you -.-) and name my rival ??? or something very childish like Douche. Tho I did name it ??? in my silver and crystal I had back in the days.

You won't overwhelm me like you did 10 years ago.. 10 years ago was merely a setback. Come, Scyther hungers. Whitney and Miltank, your end is near.

Last edited:

Camcam

I will defininately not train just my starter. In G/S/C I was only in like the 2nd or 3rd grade and just trained my starter by just fighting every trainer. No rematches or wild pokemon. I would get to the elite 4 with a level 60 or 70 Typhlosion with lv. 5- 10 pidgeys and rattatas as his backup. I won't waiste my masterball on the pokemon on the box like before, because now I know that they are possible to catch without it. And I most definately not start over because I was bored with not having anything new to do, and start all over. That's what renting is for ( I guess).

Camcam

OH and it's not going to take me forever to figure out that switch puzzle in the underground path and to get through the ice path. And maybe I'll beat Whitney on the first try instead of continually getting my rear handed to me by rollout. That attract didn't help anything.