• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
-Name My rival the same name in the anime, if there is not Gold (I had Gold)
-Choose Cyndaquil this time instead of a Totodile
-Not bother about a Butterfree

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I will finally be able to train a Ariados with an actual bug move. I might also train a Slowpoke this time around.

Well I wont spend 20 ingame hours trying to figure out how to wake up Snorlax..........
I'll actually ev train
I WONT kill the Red Gyarados
I'll know that Flamethower > Flame wheel
Ill know a shiny weedle when I see a shiny weedle

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
I will choose Cyndaquil over Totodile
I will train my Togepi
I will use the Sudowoodo I get
I'll get Lugia first (Since I'm getting Soul Silver anyway)

NEWGhetto

Gym Leader
I will train not have my Eevee evolve into an Umbreon by level 40... way too long back then, there was no way of reteaching old moves

I also don't need to always have a fire, electric, grass, water, flying and ground type team combo. I mean, water is essential on any team, ground types are useful and flying types that learn fly are convenient but fire type and electric types arent always necessary

Contrary to what everyone else has done, i named my rival "Oak", thinking Prof. Oak would've been arrested ( who was in the lab). I plan on not doing that again.
Oh, that is EPIC. xD I almost wish they programmed the game to have some amusing response to trying to name your rival the same as other main characters. Heh.

Anyway....My resolutions:
1. I will NOT name my rival Dameon after that guy in pokemon who abandoned his charmander...
2. I Will totally train my togepi. Metronome is fun, and Togekiss = WIN. Assuming its in the game. If its not, I will cry.
3. I Will not do a lazy game where I only raise my starter and wipe out everything in my path.
4. I can't name exactly what I'll have on my team, since I don't know what will be available in game(and I don't have wi-fi access, soooo....), but I can say it'll be thought out, but I will choose personal preferences over strength-to an extent. :p I need to be able to beat the darn GAME after all.
5. I will not wander around with no pokeballs, and then run into a shiny phanphy....T_T (That is the ONLY shiny, other than the Red Garyados, I have ever seen...well, and the egg given away in Crystal. But that also doesn't count.)
6. I now have a better understanding of movesets...so my Typholosion will not have flame wheel and flamethrower both, 'in case I run out of PP'....
7. I've never EV trained before, and I don't plan to now. I don't battle with other people, so it just doesn't matter to me. Like I said, no wi-fi. xD
That's all I can think of at the moment...

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Keep a steady lvl pace with all my Pokemon. Not rush threw the game. Have Togetic be my flyer. Waste time hatching that egg. Not choose Pidgey or Umbreon or Espeon. Have differnt pokemon I like now. Be diverse with my move sets.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
First, I'll gte all starters.

I might import an Aipom over, as my team will consist of Starters and things in Johto that evolved in D/P. And not choose Dragonite. I'm sick of that thing now.

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
EV train a Shuckle of course. then trade it to DPPt (Who wouldn't? XD)

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
Not sure if I'm going to use Togetic myself this time. Probably Noctowl. But I'll see.
I will also make sure I train in the wild even more, so that my pokemon won't be underlevelled and need tons of training before battling the Elite Four. As for the Red Gyarados, I'm probably going to leave it UT, and not include it in my team.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I will name my rival ???, for sh*ts and giggles.

I don't think i've got anything I'd rather do 'differently'. I played through those games enough that I knew what I was doing ^^ Maybe I'll try to get through Tin Tower/Whirl Islands without an internet map. Maybe.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i have no idea yet actualy, i don't know what the remakes contain yet compared to the older versions so i rather wait out for a little longer to see what things it contains, plus that adds to the fact that i usualy improvise in storymode games of pokemon, i'll see what happens.

though one thing is sure, i'm gonna name my rival Jerk just like in all the other games i have, it's almost a tradition.

Rad3n

Banned
I am going to call my rival ??? again! Nostalgia ftw.

I might try and get hold of a Kingdra this time. I'll try to avoid my starter, and steer clear of Geodude, Abra and Gastly as well. I don't need to win G/S for the 100th time with just with Rock Throw and Magnitude.

I'll also catch a Qwilfish. Rain Dance is awesome.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I'm gonna use pokémon I didn't use before (Togepi, Growlithe, Sneasel[if it appears in Ice Cave -.-], Ampharos,...)

I'm not going to waste my Masterball on a Tentacruel Ü

I'm not going to overlevel Feraligatr 20 levels! :|

I'll actually take my sweet time with it. I won't just rush things like I have all these years, who knows, the daycare being so close by may mean some actual breeding from my part. Exploring will hopefully be more fun than it was in DP, so I'm looking forward to pointless strolling about here and there =]

alakazam_1

Alakazam used WIN
Yay - kindred spirits who also fear ???.

As Crystal was the first Pokémon game I ever owned, I could probably have done a better job when playing through it. This time I'll make a really good team, EV train, and beat Lance the first time rather than spending a lot of summer on it (hangs head in shame).

Khamul

Fail Meister
-Definitely train Togepi since now it probably can evolve to a Togekiss.
-Also to try to get the Eevee evolve to one of it's 4th Gen evolutions if possible rather than going for Umbreon.
-Train my Party Pokemon in excess just so I can see Eevee take down a whole gym.
-SR for the Version Exclusive Legendary, woot!