• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

ap13095

Noobslayer

~:Shadow:~

I plan to choos Cyndaquil (that is, a fire starter) rather than Totodile(water starter). Still thinking though...

knobfire

I need movesets,NOW!
Nothing--> this will be my last pokemon game and since crystal was my first, its gonna be a nice way to finish!!!

CrystalDepths

Jack Of All Trades
i know everyone regrets naming the rival ??? but i think im going to do it again just for old times sake.

However, im not going to never catch the three dogs

Andcetera

Crude mother fxxker
Diffrent team pokemon! I always choose mareep,gastly,spinarak and some others for my team, like always.
This tim i might get like, wooper,murkrow, igglypuff.
But you never know, i might change my mind if the spirit looks cool.
-fails-

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
-be more original when naming the character
-try to make my team mostly of eeveevolutions
- don't go like crazy following suicune everywhere
-I always pic fire starter this time I'll chose Chikorita

- Not name Rival ??? (Damn, alot of people did that)
- Not fill a team with mostly flying types
- Not run away from a shiny Wooper
- Not fall for stupid tricks to get rare Pokemon
- NOT start a new game 'for the hell of it'
- Not lose the cart after a few months

Still have the old G/S guide, I'll see how much it changes in those terms.

Windfang

Pokemon Solider
Maybe I will finish it. My son took his game back from me. I been a proud playing Poke Dad since Ruby. My son graduates this Jume and afther I told him about the remakes he was jazzed. Love it
great games

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
Not much I'm going to do different, but this is what I will do.
- Try to not make my name that of a TV character's that I like
- Not going to rush through the game, going to take it slow (although G/S/C were the longest games =D
- Going to get a different team, with no HM slaves.... Poor Noctowl and Furret in my Silver XD
- When I get bored I'm actually going to restart it. XD

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
Not much I'm going to do different, but this is what I will do.
- Try to not make my name that of a TV character's that I like
- Not going to rush through the game, going to take it slow (although G/S/C were the longest games =D
- Going to get a different team, with no HM slaves.... Poor Noctowl and Furret in my Silver XD
- When I get bored I'm actually going to restart it. XD

Jukain:)

Heart & Soul...
-I will pick the chick instead (I always pick my real gender even though the chick sprite is cooler)
-I will not name my pokemon dirty names (I had a weezing named b*lls)
-I will acctuly train Entai!
-I will only use one water type (Red Gyrados)
-I will have a shiny electevire instead of a shiny wigglytuff! (don't wanna waste that Odd Egg!
-I will acctuly use the togepi this time! (thank you 4th gen)
-I won't choose the totodile!

Heart Gold

Ho-oh Blasts you off
-I will pick the chick instead (I always pick my real gender even though the chick sprite is cooler)
-I will not name my pokemon dirty names (I had a weezing named b*lls)
-I will acctuly train Entai!
-I will only use one water type (Red Gyrados)
-I will have a shiny electevire instead of a shiny wigglytuff! (don't wanna waste that Odd Egg!
-I will acctuly use the togepi this time! (thank you 4th gen)
-I won't choose the totodile!

I Lol'd from your signature about totodile Must die xD but im going pick Totodile MWHAHAHA
;250;

What will I do different? Let's see...

-I'll choose Cyndaquil for my starter, instead of Chikorita.
-I won't use a flying type early on.
-No Geodude! I'll get a Phanpy if I can.
-Train an Oddish.
-KO every Sentret I find.
-Use Natu! Poor flying/psychic needs more usage.

iroxusux

I think ill have a espeon in here
wont name my rival ???
have a different varity of parties
train really hard
not blow off by killin legends

necropedal

Well Lets see, decade ago I was 11 and boy did we have a limited selection of things we could do back then.

I for one have only ever utilized a sixth position on my teams on 3 occasions and probably won't do so again here.
I do intend on keeping my starter Cyndaquil, and i also intend on making sure my team (as always) receives the best experience it can.
I remember once having a legit Venusaur before battling Lt. Surge in Blue, which was good.

MY gold game lasted over 500 hours and I had done most of what could be done, my dex data was completed up to a point where i could go no further (trades, events and such were not possible back then, so my dex was only about 85% complete or thereabouts.)

I might (for only the fourth time in my Pokémon gaming career) utilize my Masterball.

I also hope (time permitting) to have a Typhlosion before I face Whitney. Mirroring my Venusaur from about 9 years ago.

I will have more things to list later on.

HoennMaster

-Actually pay attention to what Pokémon are on my team
-Level up more then just my starter
-Not pick such dumb names for my rival (I think I'll just do Silver)
-other dumb things I did when I was 9/10. :)

KKInu

I will try to catch any pokemon I can instead of just catching the ones I lke (I started doing this around Emerald version and then again in Platinum)

Make a well balanced team instead of hoarding around the first pokemon I caught without leveling them up -_-'

giving better nicknames to my pokemon

I REFUSE to name my rival whatever random letters I landed on when I closed my eyes and haphazardly shifted the control pad and pressed the buttons XD man that was a disastrous name. That was back when I hated the G/S/C rival (something about him irked me)... now I think he's pretty cool, so I'll name him something more reasonable.

Jonah Man

Snorlax Trainer
I'm not going to lose to anybody I come across. I will beat this game with no trouble at all. Heh heh... I'll try.

My team won't be weak to ground type this time!!!!!