• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What will you do differently?

probably picking a team that is a little different
i will also not make stupid mistakes like dropping my game right after i catch a shiny pokemon (if i actually am lucky enough to find one)

I'm basically gonna be smarter about my pokemon, with their movesets and everything. I mean, I was pretty young when they came out so I didnt really grasp the effects of Swords Dance, Baton Pass, and Toxic. So you know.

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
A few things probably:

I will use potions/antidoes/etc. more frequently in the beginning and not just let my pokemon faint.

I will take advantage of breeding (I still rarely do this).

I will definitely think about movesets, too.

Acidmimi

I wont be afraid of the cave before azalea and spend hours leveling my starter just because im afraid to go in there

Also I wont start the game over and choose a starter i don't want jsut because I think it'll give me the type advantage over my rival

And I wont start over the game to go back and check what my rivals name was so i dotn give the police officer the wrong name

I wasn't the smartest person in the world back then

I'll probably train a Magikarp this time, train all my Pokemon evenly, and I definitely won't waste Rollout on Quilava to beat Whitney.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I will actually think about my team and teach them good movesets.
I will train a lot more.
I wont name my rival ??? D:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
-Use HM slaves
-Upgrade team with Platinum Pokemon every so often that are actually capable of doing things
-Not accidentally kill the Level 50 Snorlax(See difference two)
-Not use the garbage that is Sudowoodo(God, that thing is horrible)
-Use PokeWalker
-Know how to get through the Ice Path (I was stuck there for YEARS. Literally.)
-Not trade my Mewtwo to my friend for a Chansey
-Maybe, for once in my life, have alternate Pokemon for my team(so I could have, say, six in the party and four in the Box, switching when needed.)
-Not play the game... what, six years after it came out?

Last edited:

Linkdarkside

i dont remenber my first original team from gold but now im not a newb like before.

before i gave my Pokemon their srongest attacks not matter if it was the same type like 3 of my feraligart move were Water Gun,Hydro Pump ,Surf and Slash.

i also thougth stats reduction/upgrade moves were useless.

i still was not a idiot since i was like 10 and did not wasted master ball or gave HM moves to Main pokemon.

i wont worry about EV i just later use the EV reducing berry's.

Last edited:

dibb25

last time i had feraligator charzard alakazam raichu venusaur
and magnaton they were all level 100 i creamed the elite four hundreds of times with them ill probably play the game and train the same way i did in those games my favorite training spot was mt silver im definatly starting with todidile again but have different pokemon to support him

dibb25

im most likely gunna take my time this time around all my pokemon were lv 100 when i got to mt silver i just kept beating the elite four over and over again definatly using todidile in soul silver and in heart gold typlosion

Trainer_Melissa

The "Cute" Trainer
I will save infront of the daycare house, then recieve an egg. I always got Magby or Igglybuff. (But I'm going to transfer a Jigglypuff over to the game anyway, so I won't need Igglybuff.)

I really want Togepi or Smoochum or Elekid.

Calm PokeMaster

This time I might use Fearow instead of Pidgeot or Skarmory(If I am playing SS).Typhlosion will be back as usual.Might use Furret again.I dunno.But I am going for an early Magikarp after the first Gym.I am not going to wait till Lake of Rage for Red Gyarados.Gyarados will be great from early on.I will shape my team's levels when I find out the levels of the E4.This will be my most likely
team:

Typhlosion
Furret
Fearow
Gyarados
Victreebel
Ampharos

The only thing wrong with it is that there are 2 Flying Types.Otherwise,it looks okay.Team Suggestions appreciated.Keep in mind that I will MOST LIKELY be playing HG but SS options are also appreciated.

Watera

This time I might use Fearow instead of Pidgeot or Skarmory(If I am playing SS).Typhlosion will be back as usual.Might use Furret again.I dunno.But I am going for an early Magikarp after the first Gym.I am not going to wait till Lake of Rage for Red Gyarados.Gyarados will be great from early on.I will shape my team's levels when I find out the levels of the E4.This will be my most likely
team:

Typhlosion
Furret
Fearow
Gyarados
Victreebel
Ampharos

The only thing wrong with it is that there are 2 Flying Types.Otherwise,it looks okay.Team Suggestions appreciated.Keep in mind that I will MOST LIKELY be playing HG but SS options are also appreciated.
oh course even if gyardos wasn't flying he would still be weak against electric. so in this case it doesn't hurt your team it helps because now he isn't weak against grass.

Truongman4life

Shiny Obsessed.
this time around, i wont kill the shiny red gyrados XD

Kingudora

My favourite
i won't release all of my main pokemon when they get pokerus -.-'

i seriously thought my pokemon were going to die xD