• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Will You Name your Player Character?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I generally name my character after names that I like or based on the names of close friends. Right now since I have no immediate plans to buy the new games, I haven't really considered what I'd name my character, but if I do eventually get the games I think I'll name my character Lionel, which is my middle name.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I name my character/profile on anything Zeta since it has a lot of meaningful history to me

Shinyjynx

I always play as the opposite gender and name the character after my crush. So I’m naming my character Toyosi which is the name of this Nigerian girl I have a crush on at church

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I've used my name (Paul) for every game, for the player character, so it will be the same for both Sword and Shield.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My boy Salem is making a comeback!

I created him years ago as the gym leader of Lilycove City. I haven't played as him since Alpha Sapphire, back in 2014. I think it's time this Ghost-type Master reclaimed his throne. :D

YhcCd79.jpg

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Since I play in Japanese, I tend to formulate kana names for the MCs. Prior to Gen VII, I spelled all of my characters' in katakana, but more recently I've rendered female protagonists' names in hiragana to match the syllabe system's feminine quality. My characters used to have names taken directly from official sources, but since ORAS I've formulated original names that usually combine elements of alternate readings of a version's name. This time around, my male protagonist will be "Touken"--literally "blades (and) swords"--while my female protagonist will be "Kanka", which IIRC has something to do with shields. (I wasn't about to name her "Tate"...)

Last edited:

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
I always put a lot of good effort into my names. The female I wanted to be Indian descent due to the British influence and will be naming her after a good friend of mine Suhani. The male I will make Scottish and name him after an old scottish king Malcolm. I may do another set since i can have multiple save files so I'll decide from there, haha.

falconlord

Shield.

I've been naming them after the games for twenty years, I ain't gonna stop now!

Missingno.Fan

On Shield (my primary game) I will just call myself Chelsea because that’s my real name. I’m not sure about Sword.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
From generation I to generation VI I was playing a male protagonist that represented me (who was also named after me) but I've created my own canon in which he stopped journeying after Alpha Sapphire and eventually had a daughter, Alice, which is who I will be playing as and is the central character of the story since Sun.

TrainerFuurin

Fuurin

Orphalesion

I'm gonna decide that when I start the game. Definitely NOT Victor or Sword, since I never use the default names.

Brendan017

I always use the english version of my name, Chris. (My real name is Krisztián, its in hungarian).
But I'm thinking about using Neptune which is my online nickname and artist name.

Ultra Beast Lover

Ah, just as I thought, I am considering other names like Artemis, Jinx, Raven plus many more. Doesn't help that I can have pink eyes, I can have pink eyes right? Guess I'll have to see how the story plays out.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I always play as a boy and name him Canada. I'm kind of a big Hetalia fan and just love the country in general, and I name all my Pokémon after Canadian towns.

On Shield (my primary game) I will just call myself Chelsea because that’s my real name. I’m not sure about Sword.

Chelsea is also an area of London, which fits with Galar being Poké-England.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
My real name, Michael. Sometimes I use different names for my own characters that I sometimes play as, both male and female. Maybe I’ll make comics someday featuring their adventures.
For male: Victor (main name for male protag), George (King George), Udin (protagonist of a song by the band Wali), Arthur (from the legend), François (as a character from the Kalos region), Mario (a Unovan person), Louie (King Louis of France), Zaffir (Hoennian character named after the Arabic word for Sapphire), Marcus (name I originally would’ve been named since I was adopted when I was born) or Rhoma (a singer I listen to has this name).
For female: Rini, Natasya (I love Indonesian culture so I would play with these names), Zenaida (a Spanish name), Laudia (a Latin name), Gwen (Gwenevere is a Celtic name), Syentia (singer name), or Gloria (main name of female protag).

Last edited: