• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Will You Name your Player Character?

WeepingHallows

It depends on whether we get to name Hop.

I used to name all my character my own name but then all my pokmeon had the same OT (name not number) so I decided it'd be less confusing if I gave them different names. At first it was just variations of my own name but staring US I gave them more unique names, in US I called my character Cheese and in LGE I called him Merlin (and I called the rival Mordred).

If we can name Hop I might go for Arthur and Morgan (as in Morgana Le Fey)
The same thing happened to me with the OT except I started using the names of family members instead. I really love Arthurian legend names idea though. It fits with Galar. I may borrow(read:steal lol) that idea in the future.

Mint, which is a modified version of my childhood nickname and the name of my Pokemon "alter-ego" or whatever you call it.

I like to imagine I always play the same character in all games, just in different timelines (or parallel universes? idk).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Probably Robert since I always name the trainer after myself lol.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Maxwell, or just Max. I tend to use my real name rather than my online alias because, for one thing, Divine Retribution doesn't fit within most in-game character limits, and for another, even if I shorten it to Divine or something, there's something strange and immersion-breaking about NPCs calling you Divine rather than by your real name, or at least a more realistic-sounding name. People using my username/screen name is something I dislike when I meet people in real life whom I knew online prior to that.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Well, as you can see in my sig: Sarefan. Nickname I've been using ever since FR/LG. Also at the time I started to RolePlay with my characters. Shield will be the female Kyael. For my 3rd game / remake I got Tyrus. Might going to introduce a new character, since the last couple of gens we got 4 games instead of 3.

Well, I always pick the same nicknames. Drake for any male character and Katsumi for any female. Gonna pick the female character in my Sword playthrough which will be my main file, then the male one in Shield.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Maxwell, or just Max.

Wouldn't that be kind of confusing to the NPCs in-game because there are two characters called Max (May's little brother) and Maxie (the leader of Team Magma)? :D

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wouldn't that be kind of confusing to the NPCs in-game because there are two characters called Max (May's little brother) and Maxie (the leader of Team Magma)? :D
Probably, but if you think about it, surely there are many people within the Pokemon world with duplicate names. How many Matts or Johns or Tonys do you know in real life?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Probably, but if you think about it, surely there are many people within the Pokemon world with duplicate names. How many Matts or Johns or Tonys do you know in real life?
At one part time job, I was literally working with six people named Jason, four Bills, three Toms, and two Joes.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Troy actually seems to be a rare name here in Galar. I hear it more in Unova and Alola.

I usually name my player characters after either references or puns based on the version I choose. I am choosing the girl character and Pokémon Shield, so I am planning on naming her Shiela.

Sheila would’ve been a better canon name for the Sw/Sh female protagonist than Gloria, in my opinion. It sounds kind of like “shield”.

Haine

I named my character Harlow, because I think it is a cute name for a girl.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
For my first run of a gen, I always name my guy Silver. Has been the case since my first games which was Gen 2.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I picked the girl of course since I am a girl and I named her Ery. That is always what I name my characters when playing through a new game for the first time.