• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would be different if Pokemon were REAL?

Would real life Pokemon be boss?

• I wish Pokemon were real.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • If Pokemon were real, it would be the end of the world.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Pokemon ARE real!

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • You guys have NO life.

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

SuperbSaiyan

Alright, I'm raising a very thought-provoking question. Just say whatever you'd like, I'll start:

Some might say that, because pokemon can do everything for us, inventions and mechanical evolution would just stop, because the pokemon would accomplish every purpose the inventions would. But I say that, because a Pokeball is needed to catch a pokemon, meaning that technology had to be relatively advanced before pokemon could be used to accomplish these goals, techonology still has to advance.
I'm sure a lot of you hate this, but, sorry, no battling, PETA would be kicking your *** in if they find out you battle with them. Of course there are hidden places, and also maybe in the wild they would never find out. If there were organized tournaments and got a ton of paperwork as well as precautions, it could be legal, I guess it would be like a matador vs bull kind of thing, and protection yourself from wild pokemon is self-defense, so they might get angry, but they couldn't really do anything.
This is just a random FACT: there would probably be an ammendment somewhere involving something called gardevoir-alitt;282;, yes I just said that. Think about it, how much fanservice has been done to gardevoir, as well as fanfics, you know there are gonna be some *** holes who would just have to do this, perhaps a lopunny too.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I think it'd be more fitting to put this in the Pokepolls, but I'll respond.

If pokemon were real I'd be scared 0_0, sure they're cute,cuddly, and awesome, but with those powers they have... That'd cause major destruction, especially if terrorists catch them.

XParasite

I think the PETA thing might not be as much of a problem if pokemon irl were like they are in the lore. They are meant to battle. Obviously nobody wants a pokemon mistreated and I think if we have a large enough game one day they might institute part of that in the game also.

Basically the most different thing that we would see is this - Animals as we know it would cease to exist. Your loyal dog? He would be a herdier. rat infestation? Itd be a ratatta. Birds? They would be pidgeys, wingulls and Starlys.

In some ways, it would be very interesting but I honestly cannot see pokemon in real life without global destruction. The pokemon world is a lot less crowded for a reason.

SuperbSaiyan

Let me clarify

I don't mean if this world was the Pokemon world, I mean if there were Pokemon in this world, in addition to what was already in this world. And I didn't realize there was a Pokepolls section, sry.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
We would all die. Of course, I still wNt it to happen though, since we already know our fair amount of pokemon.

zozo

SLIMED!
If there were Pokemon in this world? Well, first off, I wouldn't give a crap about what PETA had to say to me. Because you just don't argue with the crazy chick and her Tyranitar, Gyarados, or Metagross. ;)

Of course, I'd probably have to move out into the wilderness somewhere so my Tyranitar and friends could live and grow without offending the neighbours. In my experience, most neighbours don't particularly like sandstorms, water-dragons with massive power and stunning anger-management problems, or extremely smart mechanical atrocities that crush things to death with their huge bodies before consuming them.

Yeah, this world with pokemon would be fun scary. ;D

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
People would inevitably abuse their powers.

Foxtrek

Vulpix addict
Actually, regardless of what most others here would say, I'd pretty sure pokemon battling would be illegal, in fact, I think even owning basic form pokemon would probably require extensive professional training and permits, and forget about owning most evolved ones.

Even if it was similar to the anime world, things would still be a bit different, if Meowth is any indication, the amount of pokemon that could talk, read, and write would probably be in the thousands, if not millions. in fact some of your co-workers might even be pokemon, that and internet relationships would be a bit more dangerous. So either way you look at it, things would still be alot different from how they are in the games and anime :/

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
Pokemon are real! I'm a dragonite!

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Some might say that, because pokemon can do everything for us, inventions and mechanical evolution would just stop, because the pokemon would accomplish every purpose the inventions would. But I say that, because a Pokeball is needed to catch a pokemon, meaning that technology had to be relatively advanced before pokemon could be used to accomplish these goals, techonology still has to advance.

Eh?
Humans could always do everything they needed to survive, yet they still created technology. Technology and invention are part of the human being, just like the actual organs and limbs, except its size and progress depends on humanity as a macrobiological entity.
We have brains. We research and find out how nature works, and then put 1 and 1 together and create the tools as we go along.

Think of it this way. If you had pokemon doing whatever work you mean, for you, you would want to ease their work also, since it would be more efficient.

Or simply consider this, people used horses for lots of things, but that did not prevent their roles being replaced by advanced technology.

However I do wonder if inventions came about in quite a different order with a pokemon-filled world. Of course it all depends on how the rest of this world then functions, like whether pokemon are treated almost like humans or not, and whether they are food or not for example.

As for the pokeball... thats the random high-tech thing in this world I just dont understand how it came about. Along with storing pokemon in the PC.
Its a core feature in the games of course, but if it were a serious thoroughly explained working universe, it probably wouldnt be there. People wouldnt collect hundreds for the sake of it, you would simply walk around with your pokemon, I guess.

I'm sure a lot of you hate this, but, sorry, no battling, PETA would be kicking your *** in if they find out you battle with them. Of course there are hidden places, and also maybe in the wild they would never find out. If there were organized tournaments and got a ton of paperwork as well as precautions, it could be legal, I guess it would be like a matador vs bull kind of thing, and protection yourself from wild pokemon is self-defense, so they might get angry, but they couldn't really do anything.

Wrong.
Pokemon are not weak simple animals. They can withstand way more than most creatures on earth (even fires and electric shocks), feel much less pain from injuries (along with an obvious KO state kicking in when its on the edge of getting too serious) and have incredible recovering abilities with the proper triggers (perhaps certain nutrients in fruits, and this mechanism being fully exploited in pokecenters and thru specially prepared potions).

Not to mention that they themselves agree to battle. If you forced them, they would kick your behind and gtfo.

Its a symbiotic relationship, which they choose to join as long as it results in more benefits than harm, in other words, depending on how good of a trainer they come across.
By travelling with a trainer, they get the chance to grow stronger than they ever would on their own in nature. They also dont need to figure how to survive on their own anymore as the trainer makes sure they are well, enabling them to focus fully on the training and battles.

Also, I don't think it would be the end of the world. Sure pokemon have the potential to cause serious damage equalling natural desasters on a daily basis, however, I believe they would have a sense for living in line with the nature that is keeping them alive. Their instinct would not be one where they freak out and destroy everything in sight, but rather a "dont employ destructive skills unless you absolutely have to." and "if I burn down this place, it will badly affect me and every other being".
They would need these kind of values in their instinct for this world to work.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now

I would have a cooler job. Opening pokemon food restaurant
Food made of pokemon.

Shao

I would probably rich because I would win all the time. Nah for real there would be Pokemon wars like realife ppl dieing and stuff.

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
That'd be cool to have a real Pokemon World and be surrounded by pokemon, but think about it.. because of the technology today, it would probably cause destruction, wars and people would use pokemon for the wrong reasons like crime and theft. I personally think that pokemon is just not made for the real world that we live in, things are great just as they are.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
That'd be cool to have a real Pokemon World and be surrounded by pokemon, but think about it.. because of the technology today, it would probably cause destruction, wars and people would use pokemon for the wrong reasons like crime and theft. I personally think that pokemon is just not made for the real world that we live in, things are great just as they are.

If pokemon battles were as popular as they seem to be, it might be an aggression vent, lowering casual violence.
However, most of the violence, crime, theft and whatnot that we have, is a consequence of the system we live in and refuse to replace with something more equal, so it depends on how much different society would be set up as it progresses, in a world with pokemon.