• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would be different if Pokemon were REAL?

Would real life Pokemon be boss?

• I wish Pokemon were real.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • If Pokemon were real, it would be the end of the world.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Pokemon ARE real!

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • You guys have NO life.

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
If we were to follow the mechanics of the anime, manga and games than I'd be all for living in a world of pokemon. However if real world logic and physics were applied then things would not be so pleasant. Pokemon are not simple minded (On the contrary most are at least human level intelligence) and I doubt they'd take kindly to being enslaved. Wars would erupt, devastion would occur etc. It would not be pretty.

The Musician

Heracross trainer
There's a very high possibility that society would have developed completely differently or not at all given the existence of Pokemon. History would be entirely redone if humans had to live alongside creatures with such immense power. Pokemon could have easily stopped us from becoming the most dominant species in the world, meaning there might not be such a thing as a Pokemon Trainer.

Assuming humans and Pokemon coexisted for centuries, I can't imagine how the Pokemon would react if we suddenly started capturing them for battle and other purposes. Very morbid way of looking at it, but I doubt life would be as happy-go-lucky as the games.

Demysta

I'd definitely make the most use of it and build up my own dragon team... that'd be epic.

But overall, I think the world's human population would go down as a result. People would certainly try to abuse the power Pokemon possess and try to stage wars of something. Plus, I'm not sure how the Pokemon would respond to humans trying to track them down and capture them...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It would probably be like the games except for alot more people using pokemon for crime

Depends on what world we are in. If we were in any of the canon worlds, (anime, manga, games) then the world would go smoothly and it would be the utopian society that we tend to imagine.

But our world wouldn't be able to handle Pokemon. Even if history was rewritten with Pokemon in it, I still don't think it would work out. As much as I would like the world to be populated with Pokemon, humans simply can't handle it. We are too power hungry and irresponsible as a society.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Well for one thing, Smogon wouldn't be able to tell us which Pokemon and attacks we could or couldn't use.

Also, I'm pretty sure the military would use Pokemon.

But I guarantee Pokemon battles would be outlawed in many contries, given the laws we have now.

Of course, the above two might not necessarily be the case if it turns out that the existence of Pokemon did come about due to a nuclear war.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I just realised, itd be harder to pollute and destroy the environment, because nature would defend itself. And with defend, I mean serious pokemon offense.

I'm going to assume that if if our reality were to be altered to accompany the presence of Pokémon, human physiology would also change in order to (somewhat) safely take Thunderbolts, Flamethrowers, and the like. Certain attacks would still be fatal nonetheless. Assuming now that Pokémon most likely would retain their cartoon-like appearance, the rest of the world will likely alter to that state as well. (People would become anime versions of themselves, forests become dark, etc) As for the technology, it is assumed that we will be unable to contain Pokémon in Pokéballs or PC systems due to the current technological limitations of our society. So we'd actually have to live alongside them until such technology is developed. Damage to nature, such as cutting down forests and polluting the ocean will quickly become a thing of the past due to retaliation from the resident Pokémon. Nature would eventually take over large areas. Pokémon battling will quickly become prohibited but become lax over time. Gyms and the such will eventually come to fruition as people compete to become the top trainer. As a society, we'd adapt to becoming both more primitive and technologically advanced at the same time.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If they were real, I'd have a pet Pikachu by now. I wouldn't use it in battle though, because I don't want my Pikachu to be a barbarian.

Jaguartail

It might cause destruction and mass panic. But on the other hand, traveling would be much easier, and so would carrying things around the house or moving into a new house.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
It might cause destruction and mass panic. But on the other hand, traveling would be much easier, and so would carrying things around the house or moving into a new house.

destruction of machines and heavy industrial areas perhaps xDD
Im sure they wouldnt tear down their living place.

I dont think we would dare build nuclear plants then..

destruction of machines and heavy industrial areas perhaps xDD
Im sure they wouldnt tear down their living place.

I dont think we would dare build nuclear plants then..

Wouldn't need to. Power plants in the Pokémon world are either hydroelectric, steam-powered, or use Electric type Pokémon as a direct power source. The ones that do pollute end up getting taken over and shut down by resident Pokémon.

If Pokemon were real, there would be chaos. No order would exist, some people would use Pokemon for crimes. Burglars using Pokemon to break into houses. People would attacked on the streets by Pokemon by people who don't have any sense.

In the future, I cannot say that would still exist, maybe holograms would exist, but that sounds a little sketchy too.