• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would be the perfect region for a Pokemon Snap sequel?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What would be the perfect region for a Pokemon Snap sequel? I have an answer! Pokemon Snap's sense of isolation and mystery reminded me of one region and this would LITERALLY be the perfect region for a Pokemon Snap sequel. THE HOLON REGION.

The Holon Region is easily the least talked about region in the games, being the setting of the Pokemon TCG during Gen 3. For some of you, it may be the first time hearing that this region officially exists. So what is the Holon Region like? Have you ever seen the X-Files, Gravity Falls or heck just Scooby Doo where science and logic tries to explore the weird and supernatural? That's basically the Holon Region, a region full of mysteries. Part of the reason why it's so mysterious is that the story of the Holon Region is not explained through heavy text but through pictures and very short descriptions and names through the Pokemon TCG.

300px-Mountain_Aerodactyl.png
300px-Crystal_Beach.png
300px-Holon_Lake.png
300px-Mirage_Forest.png

So what is the lore of the Holon Region? There's only one settlement, a city of scientists called Holon City and that city produced towers that caused electromagnetic waves all across the natural landscape of the Holon region, reaching to the mysterious Mirage Forest where the weird and supernatural happens where you almost feel like something is watching you, to the mountain ranges where herds of fossil Pokemon live and breathe, to Holon Lake which houses a mysterious stone and all sorts of strange Pokemon including a Shiny Red Gyarados, to a large island nearby housing crystals that supposedly grant powers, to the island chain known as the Dragon Frontier housing many dragon-types. Those electromagnetic waves in-turn not only caused the unnatural electromagnetic storms but also a change in the Pokemon's biology itself, creating the mysterious Delta Species, the predecessor to the Alolan Regional Variants. The Holon Region was supposedly long untouched by humanity, so why did these scientists came to this unexplored region? Simple, to find and study the mysterious Mew.

So I think some of you can understand why the Holon Region and a Pokemon Snap sequel would be perfect for each other. Not only would Todd Snap or possibly another character explore another side of Pokemon deep in the largely isolated lands of Holon but this region already already has a ton of established and mysterious lore. It would largely be pretty much the same as before, only your also exploring the mysteries a bit more. Todd Snap for this example would visit Holon City and meet up with a bunch of professors. He's tasked with taking photos of Pokemon and similar to Pokemon Signs, taking rare photos of the Delta Species Pokemon and the strange "Delta" and "Metal" symbols such as the one engraved in the stone of Holon Lake, hoping to learn more about the mysteries of Mew, Holon's Mew. That premise is pretty simple but what's so interesting is actually exploring the Holon region on-foot, or in-wagon, for the very first time. Taking photos of herds of fossil Pokemons in one area, hearing whispers and turning around that you could've sworn you heard something in the Mirage Forest and then you notice your shadow seems a bit off, seeing freaking Rayquaza zoom past the island chains during an electromagnetic storm! The Holon Region's sense of isolation, adventure and mystery is absolutely perfect and more!

But that's just me. What other regions do you think would be perfect for a Pokemon Snap sequel?

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
An original region, or the Snap region but expanded. I don't think there is any need to base it on any of the main series regions. Exploring one of the spinoff ones could be neat too, certainly.

Alternatively - have levels based on all the regions. That could be neat to see.

shoz999

An original region, or the Snap region but expanded. I don't think there is any need to base it on any of the main series regions. Exploring one of the spinoff ones could be neat too, certainly.

Alternatively - have levels based on all the regions. That could be neat to see.
I feel like the Pokemon Ranger regions would be a pretty good choice too, lacking a lot of cities. Your idea of all the regions sound cool too but I wonder how would that even be implemented? Levels? Kind of like Luigi Mansion 2 where you explore levels of mansions, you explores levels of the region.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
That would be pretty neat. Maybe even take it a step further and discover that isolated human tribes with no sense of modern tech live there in harmony with the Pokémon.

shoz999

That would be pretty neat. Maybe even take it a step further and discover that isolated human tribes with no sense of modern tech live there in harmony with the Pokémon.
You mean the Draconids? Something like that anyway?