• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would happen if Mewtwo and Arceus crossed-paths in the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
They are both the strongest Pokemon in the entire Pokemon franchise and they are both Pokemon with hearts that are righteous. I have been thinking about this and I bet some of you have been thinking about this or made fan fiction about it, but would they get along or be at each other's throats arguing about who is the strongest Pokemon or Arceus denying Mewtwo's exsistance
This is not about who would win in a fight because I think that is already done; this is about what would happen if they were to have a fateful encounter. I don't expect this thread to last long but I just made it to see all your opinions.

Last edited:

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Yes, Mewtwo may be stronger than most Pokémon, but at the end of the day, Arceus is something of a cosmic deity. And Mewtwo might be a super soldier able to destroy a world, but I don't think he'd do well against a greater being that can create worlds.

And using the Dread Plate would just be spitting in Mewtwo's face.

Yes, Mewtwo may be stronger than most Pokémon, but at the end of the day, Arceus is something of a cosmic deity. And Mewtwo might be a super soldier able to destroy a world, but I don't think he'd do well against a greater being that can create worlds.

Based on what I saw in Movie 13, I think Arceus is just a representaation of the creator, but not the creator of the universe itself. The existence called "Arceus" in fact a symbol of the word "god". Yes, this means Arceus CAN create worlds as he wishes and disrupt space and time, but at the same time his power as an existence will be limited.

Basically Arceus can create the universe, but Arceus is not as strong as the universe itself. Arceus is more like a key to an energy called creation. Which means his creation power and his physical prowess are two entirely different things.

So, this means Mewtwo does stand a chance, but the battle will be nothing less than destructive and could possibly end the world as we know. Mewtwo's Psychic potential is so high that it could whip up hurricanes etc. Arceus on the other hand, though it does possess Creation powers, it will most likely use its physical prowess in a battle.

However Mewtwo might suffer the same fate Dialga, Palkia and Giratina did. There's a very good chance that Arceus has purposefully placed itself at an energy which no Pokemon artificial or natural born will be able to reach. Basically, it's like putting yourself at Lvl. 100 while not allowing the other Pokemon to cross lvl 50.

Depends on how overpowered Arceus as a creature would be, the chances of Mewtwo will depend. But without a doubt, Mewtwo will withstand sometime before falling down.

On the otherhand Goku can defeat Arceus.

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hm, I guess Arceus could just Insect/Spooky/Dread Plate Judgment onto Mewtwo out of the planet like it were almost nothing! :O

In the anime or at least what I got from the movie, Arceus can use any of the Plates at will.

Hm, I guess Arceus could just Insect/Spooky/Dread Plate Judgment onto Mewtwo out of the planet like it were almost nothing! :O

In the anime or at least what I got from the movie, Arceus can use any of the Plates at will.

Not necessarily. Mewtwo could be smart enough to use the surroundings like weather and call on Calamaties like tsunamis, or use its Psychic powers to break Mt. Everest in half and use it as a "Stone Edge" etc. etc. If Mewtwo can create storms in Movie 1, I don't think this is impossible either. Not to mention Aura Spheres can hurt dark types. Mewtwo can transform into its Mewjin Buu form to dodge Arceus's attacks.

I think this thread can use more imagination than Dark Plate = KO, lololol :x

I think that's what the OP wants

LizardonX

Banned
In the anime Arceus is invulnerable to attacks so long as he has the corresponding plate. So mewtwo is boned. And as of the end of M12 he has all of thm.

Last edited:
In the anime Arceus is invulnerable to attacks so long as he has the corresponding plate. So mewtwo is boned. And as of the end of M12 he has all of thm.

Yeah, but the M12 clearly showed that Arceus needs to switch between types (look at the red chain thingy around it which changes color whenever Dialga, Palkia, Giratina attack it). Mewjin Buu is fast enough to handle these changes and attack with the required type. It can put up a decent fight before Arceus overpowers it eventually.

nuzamaki90

Mewtwo created a hurricane in the anime

Arceus dropped meteors onto a country

Mewtwo flattened an entire island

Arceus made an entire country fertile

Mewtwo created a clone of 52 Pokemon

Arceus created Dialga, Palmia, and Giratina

Mewtwo has the Awakened Form

Arceus has 18 Type-changing Plates

It's really an opinion question honestly because you have an artificially created Pokemon that is the strongest Pokemon in the world, while you also have the God of all naturally created Pokemon.

So it brings back the whole Artificial VS Natural debate.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Simple. Mewtwo will constantly try to attack, to no/little avail, tiring it out, as Arceus would switch its plates.

Arceus then could simply switch to a plate that is SE on Psychic. We all know the rest.

Haunter ゴースト

A third Mewtwo would arrive and attack the different Shiny Arceus before an army of Mewtwo's and Arceus come down from the heavens of the anime logic world.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
A third Mewtwo would arrive and attack the different Shiny Arceus before an army of Mewtwo's and Arceus come down from the heavens of the anime logic world.

This.

It wouldn't really matter in the end.

JD

Arceus would kill him IIRC he was invincible in the movie and his only weakness was electricity because he didn't have the Zap Plate or something. They're on two different levels that's all there is to it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I definitely think they would disagree with each other's philosophies and battle. Who would win would depend on a few factors though imo. If we're talking about the original Mewtwo, I would say he might be able to defeat Arceus or at least tie with it. But if we're talking about the new one from Movie 16, which seemed to struggle against an Excavalier, I'd say Arceus would win. Honestly though, I hope this isn't a future movie idea because I'm done with the whole Mewtwo thing. :x

Well, if Arceus doesn't get a Fairy-Plate, then he's doomed if Mewtwo gets a Fairy-type move! :p

LizardonX

Banned
Well, if Arceus doesn't get a Fairy-Plate, then he's doomed if Mewtwo gets a Fairy-type move! :p

His entire gimmick is to be every type there is. One will pop up. people are also assuming that Mewtwo is stronger than all 3 of the creation trio combined, just because M1 was all about showing how god like mewtwo was it doesn't really make him that OP in this context.

Last edited:

Steelia

forever.

Miracle Eye. Boom, Dark Plate is done.

Mewtwo was literally created to fight, he is a patient strategist who looks for effective ways to destroy his foe; Arceus is hot-headed and arrogant, his primary "strategy" is relying on his Plates to counter any moves used against him. I feel Mewtwo would eventually be able to exploit this weakness to his advantage.

But really, both Pokemon know Recover. This just wouldn't end. If this were a movie, they would acknowledge each others' strengths, call it a draw, and never meet again.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Miracle Eye. Boom, Dark Plate is done.

Mewtwo was literally created to fight, he is a patient strategist who looks for effective ways to destroy his foe; Arceus is hot-headed and arrogant, his primary "strategy" is relying on his Plates to counter any moves used against him. I feel Mewtwo would eventually be able to exploit this weakness to his advantage.

But really, both Pokemon know Recover. This just wouldn't end. If this were a movie, they would acknowledge each others' strengths, call it a draw, and never meet again.

Or in anime sense: They'll settle their differences and apologies for the destruction they've done while corny music plays in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.