1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What would it have been like...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by UberSorcerer, Feb 19, 2006.

1. UberSorcerer

UberSorcerer Well-Known Member

In the 10th anni boards theres a bit of talk about Kanto taking memory from Johto in G/S, so does anyone wanna discuss what G/S would have been like mono Johto?

2. XxGreivousxX

XxGreivousxX Oh teh noes!1112one

too boring johto is unexotic

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Resident GSC Freak

Agreeing with the above post.

4. Moonlight.

Moonlight. Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have seemed as...big. Johto relied on Kanto, even though the Kanto we see in GSC is mediocre at best.

I think one of the main reasons I like GSC though is that it isn't over when you've beaten the Elite Four - there are still more gyms to face, and I've never had a better experience in my "Pokemon life" than going on the boat and making my way back to Kanto.

Personally, I like having that experience - going back to the "new" Kanto. It's like revisiting certain characters and areas in any sequel.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  5. Blastoise King

Blastoise King Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

meh imo no kanto wouldve led to a much better johto because they could focus on the one region

6. Saph

Saph Rapscallion

Well for one thing Lake of Rage town would have been there. Perhaps we would have had a safari zone, too.

7. Absol!

Absol! Sea Ruby Trainer

^ I agree with the above poster.

Jhoto's awesome, but it needs a Safari Zone. -nods- And a Lakeside City (or something like that) beside Lake of Rage would be awesome. I hated making my way up there and facing trainers, then having to go all the way back down, heal my Pokemon, then head back up to catch Gyarados.

There needed to be a quest or something to unlock a Gym Leader, and Houndour so needed to be able to be caught before beating the League! [Houndour is my favourite Pokemon. It rocks, lol.]