• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would ruin Pokemon for you?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
If they keep making the protagonists older and older with each game q q.

randomspot555

The tone and mood were happy and soft as well.

This is Pokemon, a game marketed at and primarily made for small children. What are you expecting?

An ideal discussion would be 'What has ruined Pokemon for you?'.

At any rate, uncreativity like 5th Gen, and 6th Gen Competitive being full of Rain Teams.

Since Pokemon is seemingly already "ruined" for you, you should just stop playing and don't even worry about Gen 6.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Linear regional design, bad Pokemon distribution, basically if they continue everything that BW2 did.

Threads like this don't last long enough to avoid your opinion on this. Not that I completely disagree with it, though. I'll admit, it would be a bit disappointing if all future games kept a totally linear design similar to Unova.

Cmack102

Right now the only thing that could ruin it for me?

Is if Fennekin is a Fire/Fighting type. That's the point where I'll lose all hope for GameFreak

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Do you mean stop me from buying new games, or stop me from playing Pokemon entirely?

There may be a few things that could stop me from buying new games - none that seem likely or even possible, but I guess something like "ending the turn-based RPG system" or "all forms of Repels removed, text speed set to Slow permanently, no biking or running anywhere" - but even if GameFreak did suddenly turn frighteningly downhill in the quality of its games, I'd probably just stockpile old games and replay those a few thousand times.

OnePunch

Ivan Drago

Is if Fennekin is a Fire/Fighting type. That's the point where I'll lose all hope for GameFreak

This. Fennekin being Fire/Fighting would pretty much ruin all of the excitement I have for X and Y.

Cutty

Forever now
Maybe if there are no shiny forms anymore or they totally change the whole game play concept.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Or worse; Disney

Why would Disney be bad? Disney is a multi-media conglomerate and when they buy up existing companies/IPs, they pretty much have a hands-off attitude. They don't buy up financial failures. They buy money makers. And the best way to make money is to keep on doing what they're doing.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You know that how?
Sorry for making my post sound like fact but Eevee personally would probably evolve into all types eventually since Gamefreak seems to love the Eevee line much more nowadays.

This. Fennekin being Fire/Fighting would pretty much ruin all of the excitement I have for X and Y.

What no. Fire/Fighting is the sacred tradition now we must not interfere with it.

The one thing that would ruin Pokemon for me is if Game Freak went bankrupt and sold its intellectual property to serebiiforum members.

I enjoyed reading this post!

TheEliteEmpoleon

The thing that would ruin Pokémon for me is if most or all of the mechanics were switched or changed; if they changed pokémon so that it just wasn't pokémon.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
What if the main series turn to be Action RPGs instead of Turn-based RPGs?

And really....(F word) the design! It keep "worsening" every gen (at the same rate as gen 1 crap pokemon), yet the games are great. I won't get any pokemon game if the designs don't fit my tastes, though.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Nothing's ruining the game for me. But the biggest let-down for me would be an easy playthrough, no post-gaming, and a lack of story. I liked what they did with BW and BW2, since there was a massive plot and events in BW2 following the first games. If the story is missing, there's no game, other than to just catch 'em all.

Volitide

Metempsychosis
How about boring, under-leveled trainers and no training spots in XY?

Doing away with Turn-Based battles, even just a little.

These.

Also, the creation of any new Pokemon types, we have enough. The only reason Dark & Steel were included was because it was back in about 2000, when the franchise was still undergoing development so it was acceptable. If they were to make new types today, it'd just be silly.

I wouldn't necessarily quit Pokemon all together, but it'd be enough for me to take a year or so off from playing.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
probably just stopping....i would get bored, then stop playing without anything new coming out...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I wouldn't say that it "ruined" pokémon, but one letdown for me is that a lot of people aren't creative with their teams. When you play pokémon, what do you see? Nothing but Black Kyurems, Jolteons, Tyranitars, etc... No pokémon is truly inferior (i'm talking to you cuttty), and they're are good if you know how to use that specific pokémon.