• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What would you change about the region?

cocoa_adele

more varied flowers and trees =D
and maybe one more city couldnt hurt but its still pretty awesone without those things

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
1) A big percentage (almost 50%) of Hoenn is covered in water. This is to reflect Kyogre and Groudon; therefore, I wouldn't want to change the size.

Besides, making the sea smaller would mean less hidden items to be found underwater, and underwater treasure combing is actually fun.

You know what? Why don't they make it so that underwater treasures will respawn just like in Treasure Cove in Fr/Lg? Respawning treasures would be better. Let's not forget rarity rates...

2) I'd like it if they'd have routes that have instant Sunny Day and Hail effects, at least for uniformity/equality. Sure, Groudon made overworld Sunny Day possible, but only for a short period of time.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I wouldn't change a thing because It is fine to me. I didn't mind the Water except signs would be better and have Flowers surrounding the Flower Shop.

i would make day/night and out another island in it

YoYie

I you bet
i like hoenn, kanto and sinnoh have almost no water at all...
also hoenn has a jungel (kinda), a beach and meteor falls!!
i would change the fact that you have to go through all that tall grass and bird trainers between the 5th and the 6th gym though...

Shadow chaser

Holla Front!
Well, I would like to see more "long and straight" routes because whenever I want to hatch eggs I don't know where's the best place to do it.

Saberu

I'd make relicanth easier to catch.
It really creeps me out when I see one now. I almost scream about 97% of the time when I encounter it.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Bring back Day and Night, since Hoenn did have an internal clock. Other than that, though, the region was terrific! I actually really liked the water routes because I enjoyed diving. I got lots of cool water Pokes that way, and it was kinda cool to get to Sootopolis because it felt sort of "secret" since it was accessible only by diving.

I liked the volcano and desert, too. Hoenn had some fun geography. Fortree is the best city in any game, IMO. ;348;

weavile33

< - Pure awesome!
Bring back Day and Night, since Hoenn did have an internal clock. Other than that, though, the region was terrific! I actually really liked the water routes because I enjoyed diving. I got lots of cool water Pokes that way, and it was kinda cool to get to Sootopolis because it felt sort of "secret" since it was accessible only by diving.;

Yeah, I agree. Lazy game freak could have given Hoenn a day and night system and it would have been cool for finding pokemon and events. And yeah I think they should bring Dive back. I guess I would've like to see a sunny area in the game (except for the event involving Groundon) or maybe a snowy one like D/P but overall I think there was a good range of places in R/S/E.

Duran

tank'd
Since this would be the 3rd series of games for Game FReak to create, I think I have a right to be picky. The least they could have done is made a snowy route or 2 for pokemon such as Spheal. I know they make a cave somewhere, but... it's a cave. I also would have preferred more fire types. There was crap in the hoenn region for fire.

There should be more places to train after the E-4. In Ru/Sa, the Sky pillar had levels over 50, but in Emerald, the Pokémon have been drastically weakened, so there is no good place to train. It takes FOREVER to level up your Pokémon to level 100 off of Lv.40 Golbat and Hariyama in Victory Road.

SilverSuicune

I ATE THE GREEN PIE!
I would make stronger pokemon, more rainy routes more water routes another city or two, more mountains (I mean really two!!), but other than that Hoenn is the best region ever. Sinnoh, to big and weird. Kanto, soooo boring. Johto, second best, but not enough cities.

SilverSuicune

I ATE THE GREEN PIE!
I would make stronger pokemon, more rainy routes more water routes another city or two, more mountains (I mean really two!!), but other than that Hoenn is the best region ever. Sinnoh, to big and weird. Kanto, soooo boring. Johto, second best, but not enough cities.

SilverSuicune

I ATE THE GREEN PIE!

Once you've finished the game, you can ,ake the boat go to Deoxys/ Mew/ Lugia/ Ho-oh islands...

^ If only ^​

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Less Water Route

A road that will change wheater and Pokemon every day